JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Everyday Annoyances of Living in this System…

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah so it wasn't a joke shannon. People in my field service group bought me scrambled eggs for breakfast today
Hey Ron! You know, I think your experience with the scrambled eggs and then telling us about attacking seagulls has the makings of a cute little book...Whaddya think?!?:dance:

107935=5907-scrambled eggs Dr.Seuss.jpg

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

One thing that really bothers me is when other people treat your stuff as if it was theirs. The other day one of my son's friends stopped by and asked if he could come in and use my computer. I told him he could. A couple of minutes later I noticed that he was talking to someone on another computer using my webcam. After he left, I found out that he had downloaded Skype onto my computer. I couldn't believe it! If I had wanted Skype on my computer, I would have downloaded it myself. Who uses someone's computer and downloads stuff onto it without even asking?

One thing that really bothers me is when other people treat your stuff as if it was theirs. The other day one of my son's friends stopped by and asked if he could come in and use my computer. I told him he could. A couple of minutes later I noticed that he was talking to someone on another computer using my webcam. After he left, I found out that he had downloaded Skype onto my computer. I couldn't believe it! If I had wanted Skype on my computer, I would have downloaded it myself. Who uses someone's computer and downloads stuff onto it without even asking?

Very annoying . . and a security risk too.

Without knowing him or being specific . . you need to be wary of such actions. Many people use the net to commit fraud and because most sites can read the IP address, fraudsters visit 'friends' to set up remote access to your computer (easy to do for the real hard-core crims) and then your 'footprint' gets used by them. Even if your computer gets used once . .Interpol could be visiting you if a crime is committed from your location. Your sons friend has no loyalty to you and when you complain, he will likely just blow you off. :X

I always stay with anyone who needs to use my computer . . even friends and family. Then we are all relaxed.

Very annoying . . and a security risk too.

Without knowing him or being specific . . you need to be wary of such actions. Many people use the net to commit fraud and because most sites can read the IP address, fraudsters visit 'friends' to set up remote access to your computer (easy to do for the real hard-core crims) and then your 'footprint' gets used by them. Even if your computer gets used once . .Interpol could be visiting you if a crime is committed from your location. Your sons friend has no loyalty to you and when you complain, he will likely just blow you off. :X

I always stay with anyone who needs to use my computer . . even friends and family. Then we are all relaxed.

I was actually in the room most of the time. That's how I knew that he had downloaded Skype. I didn't say anything to him about it at the time, though, because I didn't know for sure how he was able to talk to this other person using my computer. I suspected that he had downloaded Skype, so I went looking for it after he left. If he comes over and asks to use my computer again, I'm simply going to tell him "no" and why, and that not only was what he did disrespectful, he crossed boundaries when he downloaded Skype onto my computer. I should have never let him use my computer in the first place. I didn't really want him to because it was mine, but I couldn't come up with a reason why he couldn't other than that, so I let him use it. At least now I have a reason to say "no" next time.

Definitely need a photo o nibbles an you should try your hand at writing. Animals have the funniest antics and they should be recorded for the rest of us. My dad also named Ron has squirrels that run off with his tea cups and taking them up the trees. Then when dad goes to write it down on paper, walks away from paper only to find squirrels have I awed off that one sheet of paper to take it away up into the trees

sisters who dont give advice properly.

I needed to wash my hair the other day, and had no conditioner.

So this sister told me to use an egg, then rinse it out.

I thought fair enough, sounds plausible, so i went and did it.

But what she faild to tell me was To use cold water to rinse it. I used warm water and was picking scrambled egg out of my hair all day.

And was attacked by a couple of ferocious looking seagulls. :scared:

Oh my that must have been so frustrating at the time. It's really funny to read about though.

I can't wait to see the end of selfishness and ignorance. Those are my biggest pet peeves.

I have another one to add.

The slaughter of children (and others) like we seen the past few days in Syria. Outright massacre of entire families.

How anyone can do these things to another human being makes me sick and so very sad

Intensifies my hatred for Satan even more.

I am looking forward to just experiencing true freedom. Freedom from worries related to this entire wicked system of things. I especially cannot wait to take an evening swim in a peaceful body of water w/out being fearful of creeps or creatures. (tu)

Another annoyance is the public transport system in Belfast is not bad.

But they have just put the fairs up, and there is no improvement to the route i use.

Buses are still smelly, and Irregular at the best of times.

If the money went on improving the service i would not mind, but i know it dose not.

P.S. Ill see what i can do about getting a photo of nibbles.

Today listening to current affairs is no longer interesting, especially community news. on a daily basis someone is sexually abused, especially our young ones, married couples killing each other over trivial issues, this country was declared a christian country a few years back, so it's gospel music everywhere. It is so annoying my brothers and sisters.

108970=5978-barf.jpg ugghhh....there goes breakfast...I'd move if I were you, Ron! LOL

Im so sorry to hear that sister Cecelia. At least you dont live in a country that has to put up with daniel o'donnell. So count your blessings.

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

My hate at the moment is I have to take a pram to the shops for my son. and so many times people bump into you with a trolley.

usually the toes cope it or the back and they carry on in there own world

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Yes all the above + Call centres that direct you through all kinds of pressed numbers on your phone for different sections, each playing precious minutes of music before someone comes on and decides your in the wrong place and the company has only given out a premium rate number. I rang Directory Enquiries (an expensive call now) for the phone number of my nearest bank branch the other day. The local one has closed and there is only one in the next town now. I was put through to someone in Bombay/Mumbai who could not find the bank phone number and wondered if the ironmonger in that town would do instead?!? There was a time when customer loyalty meant something, but it no longer exists now. If you stay with a Utility Company or Insurance for more than a year or two they automatically put up the tariffs or premiums by ridiculous amounts. This means having to trawl the Internet every year now for the best deals and fill in acres of questions as there is so much fraud/false claiming and ID theft. So much time wasted every year that could be spent doing more Bible-reading or something worthwhile. Years ago you could insured your car, house or self and pay for your electricity/gas and it went monthly out of the bank account and it stayed virtually the same and you forgot it and got on with your life. Not now - Life is so full of expensive time-wasting pitfalls. We got a letter to state that the life Insurance we had paid monthly for 10 years to cover if either of us died (the amount would have paid off the mortgage and for a funeral), was invested on the Stocks and Shares, so had reduced to nothing on maturity, we could up the premuims to 3 times what we paid per month for a quarter of the return (with so many rules/exceptions we didn't feel we could ever claim) for the next ten years or get £13 back if we cancelled it! Won't need life insurance in the New World!!!

109057=5991-frustratedatPC.gif

There was a time when customer loyalty meant something' date=' but it no longer exists now. If you stay with a Utility Company or Insurance for more than a year or two they automatically put up the tariffs or premiums by ridiculous amounts. This means having to trawl the Internet every year now for the best deals and fill in acres of questions as there is so much fraud/false claiming and ID theft. So much time wasted every year that could be spent doing more Bible-reading or something worthwhile. Years ago you could insured your car, house or self and pay for your electricity/gas and it went monthly out of the bank account and it stayed virtually the same and you forgot it and got on with your life. Not now - Life is so full of expensive time-wasting pitfalls.

109057=5991-frustratedatPC.gif [/quote'] I do agree with this for the most part, and I have had the same experience. I will say this, I have been with my cell phone company for 12 years now, and they have been awesome to us. They always give us good deals on new phones. Few times due to finances, when I am behind, they have been more then accommodating to us. They give us 25% off our monthly bill due to our long time service with them as well. They call us a "gold customer", lol. Everyone else, electric, internet, etc, are just awful, lol.