JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Everyday Annoyances of Living in this System…

What gets me is how so many people here in my city double park. I know why they do it, there aren't enough parking spaces because people put up their little stands in the street or they "save" a spot with some cones or something. Still, it is annoying when I'm driving and the car in front of me decides to stop and wait while a passenger gets out and does an errand or they just flat out park and go do something themselves. And the transit people never say anything to them, either. But it sure backs up traffic!:X

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really bothers me is when you're trying to watch a nice documentary or show about animals and they keep mentioning evolution! They talk about it as if it's really true and a fact of life. This annoys me so much. It's so dishonoring to Jehovah!

I agree Dana! Very frustrating and sad. It also bothers me when some push "the big bang theory"

how on Earth could such a complex universe and all it's creations just have happened by accident?! :upset: I mean seriously, goes to show how little they actually know, and yes poor Jehovah, all the beautiful works he has done to be totally dismissed by such a theory.

Today listening to current affairs is no longer interesting, especially community news. on a daily basis someone is sexually abused, especially our young ones, married couples killing each other over trivial issues, this country was declared a christian country a few years back, so it's gospel music everywhere. It is so annoying my brothers and sisters.

Yes our UK TV news is getting more biased and trivial. Terrible things happen in the world, yet the main news item is often celebrity gossip, or - for the last couple of years - the boring 'Levinson Enquiry' makes the leading headline news about which journalist of which newspaper illegally hacked into which person's telephone messages/emails for juicy gossip. My husband immediately changes channel and even after 20 minutes into the news program and he tries turning back to the channel to see if they are yet onto a more newsworthy subject and they are still going on about it and no one outside the mainly political/celebrity lives cares less. All the public want to know, when the Enquiry is all over, how newspaper reporters or anyone else can be curbed from illegally nosing into people's mail and phonecalls, not details of every single incident, of which there were hundreds, over many years. In fact it has become the subject of a joke about buying someone the DVD boxed set of the Levinson Enquiry if you want to drive them nuts!

I agree Dana! Very frustrating and sad. It also bothers me when some push "the big bang theory"

how on Earth could such a complex universe and all it's creations just have happened by accident?! :upset: I mean seriously, goes to show how little they actually know, and yes poor Jehovah, all the beautiful works he has done to be totally dismissed by such a theory.

Cause it means they dont have to answer to God. Much easier to just accept evolution than even contemplate a creator.

To me, its just logic. Intelligent, complex design had to have an intelligent designer. It applies to everything else except the natural world apparently :wall:

Lori, I'm not one who needs to talk a lot in a forum like this but really do enjoy reading the thoughts of others. Your thoughts shared about you husbands' mental challenges was a courageous thing to write. I have suffered with my mom, sister and grandmother being bi-polar and sociopath. My mom was especially nasty, telling me many times as a teen that she couldn't stand the sight of me...get out of her sight blah blah. My grandmother just ignored me and my sister created a scenario where she was able to take me to court and then stalked me and broke into our home....you get it. This is the thing I live with, look over my shoulder about. Mom and grandmother gone but sis still in the area. So in the new system I won't have to have an elaborate alarm system or hornet spray in my bag. Thanks sis for giving me the forum in which to share a bit.

As a side note- thanks to Jehovah I'm a surprisingly positive person today despite them!:rockon:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Looking for a park at Dr. the other day and in the tight fitting spaces, somebody had parked over 2 places leaving no room for others.

(just quietly. . . I would not have the 'spuds' to park like that and walk away knowing I am ticking off every driver looking for a space. . . they carry car keys with sharp edges!) :eek:

Dog poop.

I hate dog poop and people who let their pet pooches poop everywhere and not pick it up after.

Today we w ent down the park with a friend and his little lad and he was running about having a good time.

When he ran over, his shoes were covered in it.

If i ever catch a dog pooping its not the dogs nose id rub in it.

ITS THE OWNERS!!!.

If you have a dog, clean up after or let is poop in your own garden.

People get 'on the spot' fined here if they leave their dog poop unscooped/unbagged. So everyone bags or scoops, which is nicer when walking the streets. However, we live at an end house on our avenue with hedges around our garden and on a side not overlooked by other houses. So what do the inconsiderate dog walkers do? They dispose of their dog poop bags over our hedge or stuff them in our hedge on their way home. Some weeks, on warm days, our trash bin fairly stinks due to little poop bags I've had to retreive!X(

People get 'on the spot' fined here if they leave their dog poop unscooped/unbagged. So everyone bags or scoops, which is nicer when walking the streets. However, we live at an end house on our avenue with hedges around our garden and on a side not overlooked by other houses. So what do the inconsiderate dog walkers do? They dispose of their dog poop bags over our hedge or stuff them in our hedge on their way home. Some weeks, on warm days, our trash bin fairly stinks due to little poop bags I've had to retreive!X(

Easy solution to this........ 2 solutions....

1. Hide in the bushes with a tennis racket. When you see a bag flying over, quickly return the serve and call out LOVE! (Tennis term in case you didn't know.)

2. Take the back and follow them back to their place. When they go inside, light the bag, put on front porch and ring doorbell. RUN!!!!!!!! They will come out stomping the flaming bag of poo! Ever smell burning poo? I guarantee they won't dump it in your yard anymore. :)

I have other means which I have done to resolve these things. Probably not close to nice as these 2. But they are still funny!!!

The next time someone talks about it, say to them, "Okay, let's say we all agree that that theory is true, then the 2 atoms that has been flying freely for who knows how long, all of a sudden clashed into each other and VOILA! here we are, please explain, Who created those? Where did they come from? Someone with awesome intelligence created those to have what we have now."

I have asked everyone that believes in the BBT, and NOT one of them could answer me. Guess their brain didn't evolve enough to either answer the question, or comprehend what I was trying to get across.

Easy solution to this........ 2 solutions....

1. Hide in the bushes with a tennis racket. When you see a bag flying over, quickly return the serve and call out LOVE! (Tennis term in case you didn't know.)

:lol2:

I did lob back an apple core that 2 girls lobbed over the hedge and it hit me. The next morning, when all the kids in the area go as usual to stand at the bus stop for school, I heard a thump on my front-door and found a raw egg smashed down the door. It was a hot day and some had hardened on the door.It was hard work to clean off. I knew it was the same girls going to school who did it.

I was rubbish at Tennis at school,weak wrist = poor action; my mother was better than me. Still got my old Slazenger racket, made with old catgut, somewhere in the attic.

I like your dog poop resolutions. I had a workmate years ago whose husband was being driven crazy by some unknown person who walked his dog about the same time everyday and allowed it to poop on their lawn. One morning her husband hid behind the drapes peeking out until the two culprits came down the sidewalk and stepped over onto his lawn where the dog was allowed to poop. The husband went running out SCREAMING, scooped up the poop in his bare hand and smushed it on the guy's face and chest. Then the man threw up on the lawn. That solved the problem for that household.

I like your dog poop resolutions. I had a workmate years ago whose husband was being driven crazy by some unknown person who walked his dog about the same time everyday and allowed it to poop on their lawn. One morning her husband hid behind the drapes peeking out until the two culprits came down the sidewalk and stepped over onto his lawn where the dog was allowed to poop. The husband went running out SCREAMING' date=' scooped up the poop in his bare hand and smushed it on the guy's face and chest. Then the man threw up on the lawn. That solved the problem for that household.[/quote']

112182=6181-barf.jpg Thanks for the visual.

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

this one may have been mentioned but bad movies. We started watching one that Netflix description appeared to be funny and no rating showing up. I think it was something like ted and erics billion dollar adventure. We didnt get 5 minutes into it where they wer getting stoned,cutting off arms and other visual I will not share. Can't even get it out of my head but was gross and disgusting. At that point we turned it off. Do not watch this movie. GRRRRR!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In service a couple of weeks ago we saw a sign in the corner of a yard said, "here lies the body of the last dog that pooped in my yard". I know lots of people don't pick up after their dogs. Disgusting!

Jobs worth. People who take there jobs way too seriously.

For example.

Hear in Belfast we Have a cafe the bro and sisters use.

And i ordered toast and butter. Now the person put the butter satchel

ontop of the hot toast and of course it melted.

I pointed this out, and asked if he could leave the butter on the side of the plat?

He said, no, as it is the rules of the cafe to do this?

Why is it a rule? Its a simple thing to leave the butter on the side of the toast.