JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

On 1/6/2024 at 5:10 PM, coolbrz731 said:

Does anyone know how to submit time for previous months for some friends that are shown as irregular but shouldn't be?

Also related, I just found out that if you go to the Publishers tab under Me, and you touch your group, you can simply touch any unchecked box and it'll give you the option of checking the box for that person and submitting their time

Of course that is only for servants and elders and as foghorn said it must be enabled in the settings. I didn't want people to get the idea that any publisher can do that.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:44 PM, Tortuga said:

I like how the NWS has an option for the Elders (and MS) to see the Publishers Contact information in NWPublisher. Do you think it would it be helpful if there was an option called "Appointed Brothers" so the congregation could see the Elders (and MS) contact information?

Good idea to me!

On 1/6/2024 at 4:10 PM, coolbrz731 said:

Does anyone know how to submit time for previous months for some friends that are shown as irregular but shouldn't be?

You have to go to them in NWS and go to the "Field Service" tab and add it (and make sure to check off the "Late" box).  They can't add reports for previous months.

On 1/6/2024 at 11:10 PM, coolbrz731 said:

You can go to the previous months and click 'Undo Submit'. Go to the oldest month you want to adjust. Make sure you have undone all months from the first month till the latest. That is November. Adjust the reports and then click 'Submitted to Branch' from the oldest onward. It should now show up correctly in the Reports.

Edited by molnarj

I just had a good learning experience with NW Publisher.

We have over 50 publishers who use the public witnessing cart reservations. So they told me that there were no reservation slots after Jan 29th. Sure enough, the grid of weeks was empty. Normally, you just use a saved template to download another group of weeks, but that did not work - nothing happened. 

Finally stumbled on the answer: the locations all had an 'Available To' date of 1/29/24! Back when we first created the locations (about 18 months ago) we evidently set that as a far-off expiration date. Once I changed the date to later in this year, all the data returned to the reservation grid.

I will be ready for next time!

CartLocationExpDate.JPG

4 hours ago, foghorn said:

I just had a good learning experience with NW Publisher.

We have over 50 publishers who use the public witnessing cart reservations. So they told me that there were no reservation slots after Jan 29th. Sure enough, the grid of weeks was empty. Normally, you just use a saved template to download another group of weeks, but that did not work - nothing happened. 

Finally stumbled on the answer: the locations all had an 'Available To' date of 1/29/24! Back when we first created the locations (about 18 months ago) we evidently set that as a far-off expiration date. Once I changed the date to later in this year, all the data returned to the reservation grid.

I will be ready for next time!

CartLocationExpDate.JPG

Yeah, I'm sure there is a use case scenario for wanting time limited Public Witnessing locations but for our use case, an option to leave it on until further notice would be much more functional. 

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I believe it's been brought up here before, I may even of suggested this feature a couple years back to the developers.. when notifications are selected, the app opens to that particular duty, assignment, event, etc. Anyone know more or heard about this possibility?

This would be a nice feature to have. Have been waiting for it for a long time.  Someone please submit this feature request again. I would do so, but I am afraid of their response. "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." -Psalm 56:3 😁

14 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I believe it's been brought up here before, I may even of suggested this feature a couple years back to the developers.. when notifications are selected, the app opens to that particular duty, assignment, event, etc. Anyone know more or heard about this possibility?

Right now, I don't seem to be getting any reminder notifications.  Those would be the only ones that this would work for.

When new assignments or changes to assignments are made, they are all lumped together into a single notification.  So that request would not be possible in that scenario.

I need to write to them and let them know about the notifications, after I try resetting them myself.  And if the reminders don't work like you are suggesting, I'll write them.  

48 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Right now, I don't seem to be getting any reminder notifications.  Those would be the only ones that this would work for.

We're not receiving any reminder notifications as well. They appear to have stopped in the last update or two.

Greetings,

One of our elders is looking to initiate this in our congregation.  He wanted to present something to the BOE to show how it would benefit them. Does anyone have any slides or a presentation already created by chance? I told him I'd check here since they asked if I'd assist in helping get things together.  Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

We switched over a few years ago. The COBE and secretary (me) took some time to set it up. We imported all the congregation info but didn't really launch the program. We just wanted to make sure we understood how it worked and the benefits. From there we simply did a show and tell to the BOE. Once everyone saw it up and running it was an easy discussion. The sharing feature with the app was a great selling point.

You can always go in and delete the information if it is a no-go.

5 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

Greetings,

One of our elders is looking to initiate this in our congregation.  He wanted to present something to the BOE to show how it would benefit them. Does anyone have any slides or a presentation already created by chance? I told him I'd check here since they asked if I'd assist in helping get things together.  Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

The NWSceduler site has a lot of information they could look at. Our BOE is currently experimenting with NWS and NWP and will go 'live' after we see what it can do.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, computerwiz said:

If you are not receiving ANY notifications on the NW Publisher app(ie, on your phone) don't forget to check the setting page to be sure you have them turned ON. (See pic)

NWPSettings.jpg

38 minutes ago, foghorn said:

If you are not receiving ANY notifications on the NW Publisher app(ie, on your phone) don't forget to check the setting page to be sure you have them turned ON. (See pic)

NWPSettings.jpg

For us, this isn't the case. We all have these notifications enabled but still are not receiving assignment notifications.

Edited by Cruzer

add on thought

At the moment, this is one bug we're seeing. Another is that none of the "Congregation Events" are being marked as new or updated with the star symbol when being updated or newly added in NWS.

One other, when adding an announcement to the info board section, the placement of the new announcement in NWS usually requires us to move it to the top of the list (since it's a new announcement). When we move it to the top using the up/down arrows, doing so triggers all other announcements we move past with the star symbol (new/updated) as well. Now we have the majority of our announcements in NWP showing the star symbol, although all we did was add the one & moved it to the top. Not a big deal, but the friends then believe there is an update when in fact there is not.

Screenshot_20240112_120900.thumb.jpg.cabc12f94caf32b5b09b476f042e927e.jpg

Edited by Cruzer

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

We all have these notifications enabled but still are not receiving assignment notifications.

Hmmmm. One more thing to double-check: In NW Scheduler, look at the  NW Publisher App - App Devices list. Make sure your devices show your notifications turned ON. In the sample, the circled publishers have theirs turned OFF.

NWPNotif.JPG

18 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Greetings,

Thanks!

As secretary I just started using it since it does not require BOE approval. Some on my body thought we needed to talk about it and I just said show me where is says the secretary needs BOE approval for software that he uses.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

As secretary I just started using it since it does not require BOE approval. Some on my body thought we needed to talk about it and I just said show me where is says the secretary needs BOE approval for software that he uses.

Based on Sfla paragraph 3, I would think you would want to have a conversation with your BoE's. Just a thought. 

Edited by Aja

Clarify

1 hour ago, Aja said:

Based on Sfla paragraph 3, I would think you would want to have a conversation with your BoE's. Just a thought. 

Aja, I don't think those instructions apply in this case.

First, because this software doesn't contain any confidential data such as JC related matters, which is what the instructions refer to.

And second, because Floyd is not using the software to upload any data anywhere. All the information is stored on his computer only. 

NW Scheduler has an option to store the info online so that it can be shared with the rest of appointed brothers. That option of course should be discussed with the rest of the BOE. But as long as it is disabled, it's just an app to organize the data in your own computer, the same as if he used Excel or anything else. :)

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

In our congregation the Public Talk Coordinator was interested in using it so he asked the COBE to add it to the next BOE meeting agenda. At the meeting the PTC and COBE explained the benefits of the app and as a body we decided to check it out. Each of the elders that could potentially use NWS were given access to it and the opportunity to change anything they wanted so they can see how it works. We are having a meeting today and will discuss NSW/NWP as part of the agenda. This process kept the entire BOE informed and unified. We will discuss any questions or concerns about the program and discuss how it benefits each elder and the congregation. It's a team effort to ensure the most benefit for everyone.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

This process kept the entire BOE informed and unified. We will discuss any questions or concerns about the program and discuss how it benefits each elder and the congregation. It's a team effort to ensure the most benefit for everyone.

I was trying to think of the words. Very well said my brother. Some brothers by nature are more conservative with technology than others may be. The sharing and app functions does create some apprehensions for some reason. Even though we are over two years in, if we enable a new function, I.e. territory or public witnessing option, our COBE usually sends a communication. Basically to keep everyone In the loop. 

4 hours ago, carlos said:

Aja, I don't think those instructions apply in this case.

First, because this software doesn't contain any confidential data such as JC related matters, which is what the instructions refer to.

And second, because Floyd is not using the software to upload any data anywhere. All the information is stored on his computer only. 

NW Scheduler has an option to store the info online so that it can be shared with the rest of appointed brothers. That option of course should be discussed with the rest of the BOE. But as long as it is disabled, it's just an app to organize the data in your own computer, the same as if he used Excel or anything else. :)

Apologies if it didn't apply. Our brother mentioned he was the Secretary and it was probably my bad for assuming he used the software to manage the s-21 records. The reference I shared dealt specifically with how that aspect of how publisher records should be handled. Please accept my apologies though if I misspoke.