JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

Please somebody help me!

I tried to install the update 7.5 and it was unsuccessful. I did as the instructions intructed and made a backup of the persons, but after updating there was this error on the sharing page:

Sorry, this congregation does not have a shared person with the above email.

Make sure the above email exactly matches your Shared Person record in NW Scheduler or ask a Congregation Administrator to add you as a Shared Person.

If you are a Congregation Administrator, you will need another Congregation Administrator to help you.

The email and name is correct but nothing works and there is option to restore the persons...

I'm the admin but there is another one. I asked him to do the same and the same error appeared

Now we can't do anything with the program

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

The email and name is correct but nothing works and there is option to restore the persons...

Are you the administrator that did the update? Did you perform the step to restore the shared persons?

1 hour ago, foghorn said:

Are you the administrator that did the update? Did you perform the step to restore the shared persons?

Yes, I am the administrator. there were no options available to retore the shared persons. the "shared" page only contains the error I described. like this (in Portuguese)
image.thumb.png.24d424f7fa217ea6108f7fcda36bb343.png

11 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Yes, I am the administrator. there were no options available to retore the shared persons. the "shared" page only contains the error I described. like this (in Portuguese)
image.thumb.png.24d424f7fa217ea6108f7fcda36bb343.png

Could it be that another administrator also updated but did not "restore persons"?  In our congregation, I updated first, restored the shared persons from backup and then notified the others.

45 minutes ago, Tonis said:

Hello brothers,

quick question regarding the list with the personal duties. When does they disappear? I had a public talk yesterday, but it's still on the list.

BR

Toni

I have noticed that it will take about two days after the event for it to disappear from your NWP

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

29 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

there were no options available to retore the shared persons.

Another congregation encountered the same problem. Even though the emails were identical, the program said there was no such person. Very frustrating, I know. You have no way of knowing why it didn't work. (Tip: occasionally an email address has been known to somehow pick up a space at the end that is the problem)

As a last resort, you might try restoring your previous version. As a test, use a PC without NW Scheduler. Make sure your other brothers do not try to start their program yet. Find your latest backup file prior to version 7.5 and copy it to this PC. Install NW Scheduler, but when it first starts, do the function "Open from File" and point it to your backup file. This may give you some functionality to proceed. I'm not sure if you would have to use your old or new sharing password. (If you don't have another PC, you can use your current one by deleting your current copy of NW Scheduler)

Edited by foghorn

10 hours ago, orodriguez said:

Could it be that another administrator also updated but did not "restore persons"?  In our congregation, I updated first, restored the shared persons from backup and then notified the others.

That may be the problem. another elder which is not an administrator may have updated first without talking to me and didn't restore the (or even backup in the first place)

10 hours ago, foghorn said:

Another congregation encountered the same problem. Even though the emails were identical, the program said there was no such person. Very frustrating, I know. You have no way of knowing why it didn't work. (Tip: occasionally an email address has been known to somehow pick up a space at the end that is the problem)

As a last resort, you might try restoring your previous version. As a test, use a PC without NW Scheduler. Make sure your other brothers do not try to start their program yet. Find your latest backup file prior to version 7.5 and copy it to this PC. Install NW Scheduler, but when it first starts, do the function "Open from File" and point it to your backup file. This may give you some functionality to proceed. I'm not sure if you would have to use your old or new sharing password. (If you don't have another PC, you can use your current one by deleting your current copy of NW Scheduler)

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to reinstall with the backup file 👍

3 hours ago, jayrtom said:

That may be the problem. another elder which is not an administrator may have updated first without talking to me and didn't restore the (or even backup in the first place)

Only another administrator would cause this problem. A non admin would not be able to do anything with Congregation Sharing. Is there another administrator in your congregation?

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

If he adds you as a user you should be able to install the new version.

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

Only another administrator would cause this problem. A non admin would not be able to do anything with Congregation Sharing. Is there another administrator in your congregation?

Yes there is another administrator but the same error happened with him. He didn't have the option to backup the persons

2 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Yes there is another administrator but the same error happened with him. He didn't have the option to backup the persons

Joao, I had a similar problem with a previous version, contacted Support and it was quickly fixed.

Getting in touch with NW Scheduler support is a pain in the neck, but then they respond quickly. Be sure to include detailed information, screenshots and everything.

I thought I would mention this. In one of the latest updates, a new setting was added to CLM scheduler: If one member of a family has a part in the meeting, the rest of the family won't be scheduled for any part that day. This feature is enabled by default.

While I understand this may be useful for some congregations, if you congregation is small, or even medium-sized, this feature can make the CLM overseer's life difficult. Here's how to disable it:

Me > Settings > Schedule > Uncheck the box about family.

Is anyone else getting the following error when trying to setup a hotmail account to send emails:

Error: the smtp server requires a secure connection or client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.57 client not authenticated to send mail. Authentication unsuccessful, account locked.

It then lists a string which I assume is unique to me. 

image.png.bb4372cc94f5427531cba82d9d8a8e3e.png

This is trying to send emails from my hotmail account, which formerly worked with no problems. I have not changed any of my password or account details. This is what I have in my settings:

image.png.682cf884c9581aa415659fe16c8fc6ff.png

Any ideas brothers & sisters?

Thanks. 

Senario: Husband is assigned a territory. Of course the wife wants to work it as well. Maybe they do not always go out on the same day or maybe working with another couple and the 2 husbands are together and the 2 wives are together.

It seems to me that there should be a way for the husband and wife to both see the territory in the app even though its assigned to the husband. The are other small groups of people that might need to see a territory.

I know it can be a congregation territory but didn't want the entire congregation to see it.

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Senario: Husband is assigned a territory. Of course the wife wants to work it as well. Maybe they do not always go out on the same day or maybe working with another couple and the 2 husbands are together and the 2 wives are together.

It seems to me that there should be a way for the husband and wife to both see the territory in the app even though its assigned to the husband. The are other small groups of people that might need to see a territory.

I know it can be a congregation territory but didn't want the entire congregation to see it.

We just screenshot the map and send it on WhatsApp. 

for example, our GO wasn’t out last week so I had the territory for the group. When we finished I sent him a screenshot showing what was left to be done this week. 

IMG_3849.jpeg

Edited by TheKid23

1 hour ago, TheKid23 said:

We just screenshot the map and send it on WhatsApp. 

for example, our GO wasn’t out last week so I had the territory for the group. When we finished I sent him a screenshot showing what was left to be done this week. 

But the other person cannot mark up the addresses. That is really the point of having it in the app.

When is someone marked as an Auxiliary Pioneer in NWS in your congregation?

When their application is approved or when they turn in their report?

Our secretary puts in on their publisher record when they submit their time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Minor Update 7.5 #1365 Fixes: Data Sync Issues (Public Speaker Sharing, Congregation Sharing, NW Publisher app)

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

When is someone marked as an Auxiliary Pioneer in NWS in your congregation?

When their application is approved or when they turn in their report?

Our secretary puts in on their publisher record when they submit their time.

We count someone as Auxiliary Pioneer when we approve their application. And we want them to do it before the beginning of the month. Not when the month is underway or they did 15/30 hours and then say: I might as well fill in my application. It must be your goal to do it. So beforehand. We mark it in NWS when we received their application. We print the Pioneer report and put in on the Information Board so everyone can see who is pioneering that month. But technically there is no objection to mark someone in NWS as Auxiliary Pioneer afterwards. 

Edited by molnarj

7 minutes ago, molnarj said:

We count someone as Auxiliary Pioneer when we approve their application. And we want them to do it before the beginning of the month. Not when the month is underway or they did 15/30 hours and then say: I might as well fill in my application. It must be your goal to do it. So beforehand. We mark it in NWS when we received their application. We print the Pioneer report and put in on the Information Board so everyone can see who is pioneering that month. But technically there is no objection to mark someone in NWS as Auxiliary Pioneer afterwards. 

Thanks. I have suggested that the Secretary do that. I have noticed a nice feature in NWS, when someone is designated as an Aux Pio, you can quickly use the pull-down menu in Persons to show Auxiliary Pioneers and it will show just the aux pio for that month. 

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

But the other person cannot mark up the addresses. That is really the point of having it in the app.

Exactly right. When addresses are added to the territories (see pic), then it is easy for multiple publishers and groups to work in the territory together because of the real-time display. For that reason, most of our house-house territories are checked out as "Congregation" scope. This allows all publishers access to mark the houses as they are worked. And of course, this allows husbands/wives to work the same territory at different times, etc.

NWP_TerrAddessesWithButtons.jpg

2 hours ago, foghorn said:

Exactly right. When addresses are added to the territories (see pic), then it is easy for multiple publishers and groups to work in the territory together because of the real-time display. For that reason, most of our house-house territories are checked out as "Congregation" scope. This allows all publishers access to mark the houses as they are worked. And of course, this allows husbands/wives to work the same territory at different times, etc.

It seems to me that is if you set all the territories to Congregation then it allows anybody to work the territory randomly.

Edited by Floyd