JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

I recently scheduled a month of field service meetings. I needed to contact some of those participating and had to close NWS without sending the information. I chose "Close Without Sending". When I opened the program again to send the schedule, I can see it and work with it, but NWP App, Send Data doesn't see anything to send. The NWP does not have the data. 

How do I tell NWS that there is data I wish to send? 

5 minutes ago, JwSam said:

I recently scheduled a month of field service meetings. I needed to contact some of those participating and had to close NWS without sending the information. I chose "Close Without Sending". When I opened the program again to send the schedule, I can see it and work with it, but NWP App, Send Data doesn't see anything to send. The NWP does not have the data. 

How do I tell NWS that there is data I wish to send? 

I'm sure there is a 'right' way to do it, but you can try this.

If your recent changes are still there, then make a small change and send to NWP, then correct your change and resend if needed.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

37 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I'm sure there is a 'right' way to do it, but you can try this.

If your recent changes are still there, then make a small change and send to NWP, then correct your change and resend if needed.

Thanks! This work around is what I needed to do. I did have to make a change for every day, but then I clicked off the day, then clicked back on the day and changed it back. Then it populated Send! Viola! Much appreciated. All 89 field service meetings have successfully uploaded to NWP.  

Since April (I have all the updates) Meeting attendance boxes do not sync properly .. 

The brother responsible for input of those figures is doing great job and does it perfectly .. but yet, at my end I do not see them. Now I have to generate some forms for CO visit and have to input those figures myself manually .. something is broken there. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 8/17/2024 at 12:37 AM, New World Explorer said:

Since April (I have all the updates) Meeting attendance boxes do not sync properly .. 

The brother responsible for input of those figures is doing great job and does it perfectly .. but yet, at my end I do not see them. Now I have to generate some forms for CO visit and have to input those figures myself manually .. something is broken there. 

Greg, it is working well for us.

Attendance figures are similar to field service reports: An authorized brother needs to import them. If none of the elders are authorized to approve these reports, or the ones who are do not approve them, they will never reach the application.

Are you a NW Scheduler admin, Greg? If you are not, you may need to talk to one of your admins. Go to Congregation > Congregation Sharing and check all the shared brothers to see if any of them have these two boxes checked:

meetingattendace.png

If no one has that box checked, the meeting attendance reports are not going anywhere. Preferably only one or two elders should have that permission, and the secretary should be one of them.

8 hours ago, carlos said:

Greg, it is working well for us.

Attendance figures are similar to field service reports: An authorized brother needs to import them. If none of the elders are authorized to approve these reports, or the ones who are do not approve them, they will never reach the application.

Are you a NW Scheduler admin, Greg? If you are not, you may need to talk to one of your admins. Go to Congregation > Congregation Sharing and check all the shared brothers to see if any of them have these two boxes checked:

meetingattendace.png

If no one has that box checked, the meeting attendance reports are not going anywhere. Preferably only one or two elders should have that permission, and the secretary should be one of them.

Thanks Carlos, I have all access enabled (Secretary needs it) still there is a bug. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

39 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Thanks Carlos, I have all access enabled (Secretary needs it) still there is a bug. 

Has everyone installed the latest build update? Does the brother have the latest app version?

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Greg, I don't refer to just access. I mean also the checkbox that says Receive App Meeting Attendance. Only those with that box checked will receive the reports, and then they need to approve them into the app.

12 hours ago, carlos said:

Greg, I don't refer to just access. I mean also the checkbox that says Receive App Meeting Attendance. Only those with that box checked will receive the reports, and then they need to approve them into the app.

Carlos, In March I was getting meeting attendance without problem. Suddenly in April it stopped. All the boxes are checked and approved, despite that I have to obtain meeting attendance manually. In fact we went and double checked the boxes not long ago and everything was checked, and done properly. Still problem persists. 

16 hours ago, molnarj said:

Has everyone installed the latest build update? Does the brother have the latest app version?

Yes running the latest updates. 

18 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Carlos, In March I was getting meeting attendance without problem. Suddenly in April it stopped. All the boxes are checked and approved, despite that I have to obtain meeting attendance manually. In fact we went and double checked the boxes not long ago and everything was checked, and done properly. Still problem persists. 

It may have been some update that messed it.

Please go to the App section > App Features and check these boxes.

NW-Scheduler.png

When the brother sends the meeting attendance, does he receive any error message?

When he does that and you or the secretary open NW Scheduler, does a red exclamation mark appear by the app button, so that you have to click on it and select download from the app?

I am trying to identify which part of the process is not working.

I am back from my meeting so I took some screenshots of what happens after the attendant sends the attendance.

First I receive this:

attendance01.jpg

I click on Receive data from the App and see this:

attendance02.jpg

Then I need to Import.

So which part of the process is failing? Are permissions correctly set as shown in the previous post? When the brother sends the report, does he get any error message? Do you receive this data from the app? And lately, do all the elders with permissions to receive attendance reports know they need to import them this way?

The problem must be in one of those steps.

4 hours ago, carlos said:

So which part of the process is failing?

Greg - if your system responds like Carlos explained, it means the server is receiving the attendance figures. Could you check 2 more things, please:

1. Do you have the menu item for meeting attendance (see Fig 1)

2. Do you get a screen like this (Fig 2) when you click on 'Meeting Attendance"

image.jpeg.49b27be29bb86bf96db788fd53e373ec.jpeg

FIGURE #1

image.thumb.jpeg.a9a5423082e032a8f091f4162002b7f1.jpeg

FIGURE #2

Edited by foghorn

corrections

10 hours ago, foghorn said:

Greg - if your system responds like Carlos explained, it means the server is receiving the attendance figures. Could you check 2 more things, please:

1. Do you have the menu item for meeting attendance (see Fig 1)

2. Do you get a screen like this (Fig 2) when you click on 'Meeting Attendance"

image.jpeg.49b27be29bb86bf96db788fd53e373ec.jpeg

FIGURE #1

image.thumb.jpeg.a9a5423082e032a8f091f4162002b7f1.jpeg

FIGURE #2

I do have meeting attendance tab, but the boxes are not populated (another brother was identified with same problem) 

14 hours ago, carlos said:

I am back from my meeting so I took some screenshots of what happens after the attendant sends the attendance.

First I receive this:

attendance01.jpg

I click on Receive data from the App and see this:

attendance02.jpg

Then I need to Import.

So which part of the process is failing? Are permissions correctly set as shown in the previous post? When the brother sends the report, does he get any error message? Do you receive this data from the app? And lately, do all the elders with permissions to receive attendance reports know they need to import them this way?

The problem must be in one of those steps.

I do not get this notification, just nothing happens when a brother inputs figures. 

On 8/20/2024 at 12:09 AM, carlos said:

It may have been some update that messed it.

Please go to the App section > App Features and check these boxes.

NW-Scheduler.png

When the brother sends the meeting attendance, does he receive any error message?

When he does that and you or the secretary open NW Scheduler, does a red exclamation mark appear by the app button, so that you have to click on it and select download from the app?

I am trying to identify which part of the process is not working.

The exclamation mark does not appear , thanks Carlos 

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

But in the Meeting scheduler we can only see 6 months backwards... anyone know if its possible to change at what date it starts?

It is not possible. But if you go to a Person and select Information and then History you will see it goes back 9 months (?)

image.thumb.png.8c83ba31bf4ef02a68fd9e485ba18789.png

image.png

2 hours ago, molnarj said:

You can chose another Template:

image.thumb.png.0b21749f8af0711fa6d5206ddd8f70ff.png

Thanks, but i was thinking on the weekly overview, which only prints a week per page...
The only report we currently put on the information board is an A4 sheet that includes all activities for the month, including the public witnessing schedule

With NWS we need 4 pages (or 5) plus one for the public witnessing...

I discover that we can make some changes to the template (very limited) and i'm trying to change the weekly page in a way that i can fit 4 (or 5) of those reports on single A4 sheet

I'm sorry I misunderstood. Like you said, the option to adjust a report is limited. It looks like the only option is to print several reports and then copy / paste what you want. Another option would be to copy those reports in one document and then create a Macro. The next time you make a report you only need to run the Macro and your done.