JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Morning worship: David H. Splane: “All Scripture Is Inspired” (2 Tim. 3:16)

Really interesting, and something I’ve always wondered in the back of my mind. Such a clear explanation when you read

1 Cor 12:10 - “to yet another operations of powerful works, to another prophesying, to another discernment of inspired expressions, to another different tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues”.

Thanks Bro Glenn for bringing it up. 👍

Transcript for the above talk.

Because the word “inspired” is thrown around rather casually today. “This motion picture was inspired by real events.” God is not in the picture. A poet or a songwriter is inspired by a sunset. And so if the householder doesn’t have a strong Bible background, it’s not likely that he understands what you mean when you say that the Bible is inspired by God. And you’ll have to explain that the Bible is God’s thoughts about men and not man’s thoughts about God.

Edited by Imagine

It was so crystal clear, unbelievably easy to follow each element of the talk. I’ve never taken that many study notes from a morning worship session before! 😊 it felt like Bro Splane was talking to each of us individually. What an incredibly informative talk! Just loved it so much!! 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️

I like the chart on page 303, of All Scripture Is Inspired of God book. A far as 170 C. E., most of the Greek Scriptures were accepted as being the Bible Canon. According to Splane talk, all the Greek Scriptures were part of the canon beginning of  the 2nd century and most of them were accepted in the 1st  century.  We must not for get that Revelation and the 4 books of Johns were written at the end of the 1st Century and probably took a little time to be part of Bible Canon. Just my guess.

I was particulary encouraged by this information. After decades in the truth I finaly understood how early christians knew what books/letters to include in the Bible. :D 

Amazing! Our weekly worship night will consider this for our spiritual build up.

Dont miss this please:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb-096_13_VIDEO

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

Wow!  Thank you.  I learned something today.  I never looked at 1 Cor 12:10 that way.  It makes perfect sense the way brother Splaine 'splains it. :D

exactly!!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Imagine said:

There is a similar topic on this subject.

Maybe these 2 topics could be combined to make it easier for the viewers.

Oh my fault. I didnt see it 😕 Thank you for bring this up. The comments are wonderful. also the transcript :) we will use it for tonights worship. thank you!

You're such a treasure, Sister Sofia. I don't know how we could have weathered the 3+ years of this awful epidemic without your expert guidance. A big heartfelt thank you. I wonder why I took so long to thank  you personally.

One thing for sure, all of us especially the sisters sometimes need to develop a thicker skin like a hippopotamus when it comes to putting out comments on a forum. Especially for someone as busy as you. I don't know how you manage to juggle a veterinary career, 7(?) bible studies, caring for your beloved husband and your loved one (mother?). I'm 69 with AB blood type and definitely slipping into a dementia state of mind. Yeah, we are all 'work in progress' and we must not  try to beat ourselves silly for every little small mistakes we make. Life is one long learning curve. The more mistakes we make, the better we learn. That is the reason babies are able to learn so much is because they make a lot of mistakes. Embrace our imperfections and make it work for us

Spoiler

The Power of Making Mistakes

Recent neurological research on the brain shows what happens when we make mistakes. Surprisingly, the research tells us that making a mistake is actually a good thing! Mistakes are not only opportunities for learning, as students (ahem, Bible students?) consider their mistakes, but also a time when our brains grow. The goal is to normalize mistakes and help children (children of God?) understand that it’s okay to make mistakes, especially when we are learning something new. “I’m not going to be good at this right away, I’m going to make mistakes, and that’s okay.”

It turns out, the way teachers and families react to a child’s mistake can make all the difference in whether the child continues to put in effort, or if they give up. So encourage your child to exercise their brain by trying challenging activities, and encourage them even if they make a mistake.

https://youngmathematicians.edc.org/article/the-power-of-making-mistakes/

Enjoy your midweek meeting tonight with your hubby and the rest of your close-knit family.

Edited by Imagine

49 minutes ago, Imagine said:

You're such a treasure, Sister Sofia. I don't know how we could have weathered the 3+ years of this awful epidemic without your expert guidance. A big heartfelt thank you. I

I love you so much 💖💖💖💖🙏

thank you for your love too 🤗😘

50 minutes ago, Imagine said:

I don't know how you manage to juggle

Holy Spirit poured every day

im a full time pioneer now

seldom vet practice

i don’t have children so I’m more available for Jehovah 

8 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Wow!  Thank you.  I learned something today.  I never looked at 1 Cor 12:10 that way.  It makes perfect sense the way brother Splaine 'splains it. :D

That’s what we all said tonight a our worship evening 😃😃

Fur babies are immeasurably better at keeping us sane and healthy. 

Spoiler

image.png.beda001a54fe195f4c26d298e214923d.png

Those set of eyes could melt even the sternest of hearts!

Researchers discovered that eye contact between humans and dogs sparks a surge in hormones which promotes feelings of affection.

The same hormone - called oxytocin - plays a key role in the bonding of mother and baby after birth.

When a woman and her child lock eyes it triggers a surge in levels of the hormone - which is also known as the 'love hormone'.

Scientists think that dogs 'hijacked' this mechanism when they first became domesticated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3042087/Puppy-dog-eyes-really-melt-heart-Canine-expression-triggers-hormones-humans-boost-happiness.html

:offtopic:oops I think I just hijacked this topic!!!

Edited by Imagine