JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I broke my ankle

WOW, Bob! That sounds painful. I guess that has interfered with your business. Hope you heal quickly.

Would love to have you join us on Zoom - will have a Zoom Chat tonight

https://jwtalk.net/events/event/349-qaplas-zoom-chat/

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I guess that has interfered with your business.

Yup. It's my driving foot also. I'm unable to work in the field as a result. 

Even if I can walk again, it will probably be assisted walking, and being on my feet ALL day will probably not feel that great. Then there is setting up shop, mixing mud, carrying boxes of tile, etc. My son works for me over summer so I'll definitely need him on board.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Would love to have you join us on Zoom - will have a Zoom Chat tonight

Maybe. I'm going to make "carnivore ice cream" and will have to see if the wife wants to watch TV or not.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

10 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Yup. It's my driving foot also. I'm unable to work in the field as a result. 

When this happens it's so frustrating.

15 years ago I was out of action for 3-4 months ..felt depressed and annoyed.

But hey, the healing time eventually passed.

Our body is wonderfully made and I have confidence with your eventual full recovery.

Sending warm hugs ..LOL 🤣

happy jim carrey GIF

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 6/19/2023 at 5:05 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

I know I've been MIA around here for a while. Secular work had me busy busy and then on May 12th I had an accident and broke my right ankle. I had ORIF surgery on my fibula, and for the first month I couldn't do much more than sleep in my recliner with my foot elevated and on painkillers. Next week I go in for my 2nd post-op checkup to and maybe, MAYBE, I will be able to put weight on it. 

I'm not optimistic at the moment. There's still swelling, bruising, and extreme limited range of motion that has me concerned. I was hoping that next week I could toss the crutches to the side, yell "hallelujah!" and dance my way out of the office, but I have a feeling this is going to be a long summer, complete with agonizing baby steps, and physical therapy.

Oof, sorry to hear that.  :(

If you wanna speed up healing with some "alternative" therapy, you can get a red light to put on the ankle and a grounding mat to increase your available voltage.  Just make sure your outlet is properly grounded before you try that...  :sweat:

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-use-electricity-to-make-wounds-heal-3x-faster

^^^^ voltage for healing is a fascinating rabbit hole to jump into.  And it works!  Just don't touch a live wire....that's waaaaaay too much voltage.  :lol1:

On 6/21/2023 at 4:29 PM, computerwiz said:

If you wanna speed up healing with some "alternative" therapy, you can get a red light to put on the ankle and a grounding mat to increase your available voltage.  Just make sure your outlet is properly grounded before you try that...  :sweat:

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-use-electricity-to-make-wounds-heal-3x-faster

This is interesting. It reminds me of when my dad had his leg broken in 2 places. After several months it was still non-union. He received a Bone Stimulator that wrapped around his leg and plugged into the wall. It healed up in no time after that.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 6/24/2023 at 12:50 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

This is interesting. It reminds me of when my dad had his leg broken in 2 places. After several months it was still non-union. He received a Bone Stimulator that wrapped around his leg and plugged into the wall. It healed up in no time after that.

Indeed...

image.thumb.png.64584da3d227f06a75e9402ed6b59151.png

image.thumb.png.923e454ab63b676278169cd2acc92f0d.png

Jump down the rabbit hole when you have time.  It is very fascinating, and makes so much sense!!!