JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Regional and Special Convention

We were wrong. Jehovah really appreciates things that are organized and standardized, but he knows what his servants need and he feeds them at the right time.

And theme of the 2024 RC is . . . 

Spoiler

Declare the Good News!

As much as the next convention may not talk about a fruit of the spirit, what do you expect from next year's convention? Will there be releases?

4 hours ago, Friend of Peace said:

The Good News According to Jesus - Episode 1 as the new release, please!!

I can see how that would fit well with the theme of the convention too.

yeah!! Im POSITIVE that it may happen! It may be the drama? Perhaps the reason of  the theme of this convention is the release of this wonderful series! ❤️ how exciting!!!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, MU ORL said:

And theme of the 2024 RC is . . . 

Hide contents

Declare the Good News!

After this October broadcasting I’m just wondering 🤔

Will these good news include the judgement message we are about to proclaim? Eager to attend!

this video is now in place:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb-106_6_VIDEO

under videos and preaching methods

IMG_8538.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

After this October broadcasting I’m just wondering 🤔

Will these good news include the judgement message we are about to proclaim? Eager to attend!

From the trend I've been noticing, it seems that the final talk on Friday or Saturday will address this topic.

Note the final talks of the most recent RC:

2023—“You Know Neither the Day Nor the Hour” (Friday) and “When Persecuted, We Patiently Endure” (Saturday)

2022—Do Not Be Misled by Imitation Peace! (Friday)

Edited by Murilo Orlando

Additional information added.

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

Après cette diffusion d'octobre je me demande juste 🤔

Ces bonnes nouvelles incluront-elles le message de jugement que nous sommes sur le point de proclamer ? Hâte d'y assister !

cette vidéo est maintenant en place :

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb-106_6_VIDEO

sous vidéos et méthodes de prédication

IMG_8538.jpeg

Watching the video I had the impression, perhaps wrongly but it is my feeling, that the GB already knows exactely what message we will deliver soon. In the context of Quebec it was a related message in response to the violence suffered by our brothers, violence fueled by BTG. On a global scale, what could it be? What we know: it will be direct and announcing it might frighten us but the zoom in on the delivery in 1513 BCE should give us pause. Absolute trust in Jehovah.

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

that the GB already knows exactely what message we will deliver soon

I agree

announcing it might frighten us

Hence the year text 2024: psalm 56:3 💖

is possible that the GT starts within months? 🙄🤔

Edited by Sofia

Keep in mind that Br. Cook's October monthly Broadcast stressed that we might be looking at the "judgement" part of the message too narrowly.  His talk was about 20 minutes long and focused on the idea that a message of "Good News" is only good to those who respond favorably.  The same message may be "Bad News" or a judgement if a person is a resistor. 

For example, you could say, "Jesus is King and he will make everything perfect for those that support his rule but will bring everlasting destruction upon those that do not support him."  To a new Bible Study, that would be "Good News:.  To the false religious leaders and politicians, it is fatally judgmental.

When the vast majority of us get to hear the rest of the Annual Meeting, please go back and play the Oct Broadcast and see how Br. Cook's talk (just 5 days earlier meshes completely with the other talks to be presented.  Br. Cook was the AM  chairman and did not get to give a talk on that Saturday.  They let him give it on the Monday before.

Edited by jwhess

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

The same message may be "Bad News" or a judgement if a person is a resistor. 

Yes! I understand!!

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

please go back and play the Oct Broadcast and see how Br. Cook's talk

I already did based on comments here and all makes a lot of sense ☺️🙏💖

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Gardez à l'esprit que le Fr. L'émission mensuelle d'octobre de Cook soulignait que nous examinions peut-être la partie « jugement » du message de manière trop étroite. Son discours a duré environ 20 minutes et s'est concentré sur l'idée qu'un message de « Bonne Nouvelle » n'est bon que pour ceux qui y répondent favorablement. Le même message peut être une « mauvaise nouvelle » ou un jugement si une personne est une résistance. 

Par exemple, vous pourriez dire : « Jésus est roi et il rendra tout parfait pour ceux qui soutiennent son règne, mais il apportera une destruction éternelle à ceux qui ne le soutiennent pas. » Pour une nouvelle étude biblique, cela serait « Bonne nouvelle ». Pour les faux chefs religieux et les politiciens, c'est un jugement fatal.

Lorsque la grande majorité d'entre nous entendra le reste de la réunion annuelle, veuillez revenir en arrière et diffuser l'émission d'octobre et voir comment le Fr. Le discours de Cook (à peine 5 jours plus tôt s'accorde complètement avec les autres discours à présenter. Le Frère Cook était le président de l'AM et n'a pas pu donner un discours ce samedi-là. Ils l'ont laissé le donner le lundi précédent.

Truly, Brother John, it may be complicated to grasp the nuance between 'before the October broadcast and the AM AND after'. I have the impression that we have always preached in such a way as to make people understand what they had to do to be saved and therefore not be destroyed. For all others who love Jehovah, the coming paradise is certainly good news. If it stays in this editorial line, there isn't much change, is there? So, the real question I ask myself is: is there a difference? In the video proposed by Sofia, there is still talk of a campaign which will possibly make our knees tremble, but with Jehovah's help they will no longer play castanets, a campaign which will be likely to generate the anger of those who receive the information. So....and I'm not trying to get you to talk before January, dear Brother🙂

Truly, Brother John, it may be complicated to grasp the nuance between 'before the October broadcast and the AM AND after'. I have the impression that we have always preached in such a way as to make people understand what they had to do to be saved and therefore not be destroyed. For all others who love Jehovah, the coming paradise is certainly good news. If it stays in this editorial line, there isn't much change, is there? So, the real question I ask myself is: is there a difference? In the video proposed by Sofia, there is still talk of a campaign which will possibly make our knees tremble, but with Jehovah's help they will no longer play castanets, a campaign which will be likely to generate the anger of those who receive the information. So....and I'm not trying to get you to talk before January, dear Brother🙂

The first part of the AM is not a secret.  We even have a conversation devoted to just that subject here on the forum.  The first 3 talks included several clarifications.  The last talk of those three, suggested that there might be some who recognize the "good" part of the message and come to believe after Babylon the Great is destroyed.  Those that do not respond in such a way would see the result of the "judgement" part of missing their last chance and 'blaspheme' God for their everlasting pain of destruction.

Join us in that thread for more discussion.  The speakers (in order) were Br. Winder, Br. Splane and Br. Jackson.  In six or seven weeks we will all hear the information from the GB...❤️

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

La première partie de l'AM n'est pas un secret. Nous avons même une conversation consacrée à ce sujet ici sur le forum. Les 3 premiers entretiens comprenaient plusieurs clarifications. Le dernier discours de ces trois personnes suggérait que certains pourraient reconnaître la « bonne » partie du message et en venir à croire après la destruction de Babylone la Grande. Ceux qui ne réagissent pas de cette manière verraient le résultat du « jugement » du fait de rater leur dernière chance et « blasphèmeraient » Dieu pour leur douleur éternelle de destruction.

Rejoignez-nous sur ce fil pour plus de discussion. Les orateurs (dans l'ordre) étaient le Fr. Enrouleur, Fr. Splane et Br. Jackson. Dans six ou sept semaines nous entendrons tous les informations du GB ... ❤️

Thank you, brother John. Looking forward to january

Don't laugh, but I still think that at this convention we will have something old-fashioned: a new book explaining Revelation. It fits very well with the theme of the Congress and the messages of judgment contained in the book of Revelation could very well give rise to a preaching campaign that will also involve the said message of judgment (or good news, for those who welcome it in a positive way). 

41 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Don't laugh, but I still think that at this convention we will have something old-fashioned: a new book explaining Revelation. It fits very well with the theme of the Congress and the messages of judgment contained in the book of Revelation could very well give rise to a preaching campaign that will also involve the said message of judgment (or good news, for those who welcome it in a positive way). 

If we receive the study update of revelation book in our Bible study I’m sure we all gonna be very happy with it ☺️☺️☺️

19 minutes ago, Sofia said:

If we receive the study update of revelation book in our Bible study I’m sure we all gonna be very happy with it ☺️☺️☺️

Not only the Revelation, but a book dedicated to ALL these prophetic books : Revelation, Daniel, Ezechiel, etc...

5 hours ago, Dages said:

Not only the Revelation, but a book dedicated to ALL these prophetic books : Revelation, Daniel, Ezechiel, etc...

Called "Prophecies of the Last Days"

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D