JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is in your Soda?

I'll have some spring water now' date=' thanks. :drink: we got to get a clear one of these.[/quote'] And a yellowish green one for mountain dew :drink:

110891=6082-Dew.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

I like Mnt Dew-however like most Root Beers in Canada- No caffeine :ecstatic: thus U.S. citizens coming to Canada don't get their caffeine buzz from Sodas

( Pop ) unless they drink colas or energy drinks.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I don't drink soda. But I loveee black cherry flavored seltzer water. And for excitement to my taste buds I add unsweetened cranberry juice and drop in green grapes. It's the most delightful drink to look at and it really quenches a summer thirst!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

• 2 weeks later...

https://maggiebeer-images.s3.amazonaws.com/2012/02/09/18/24/55/81/verjuice_products_detail.jpg

On a hot summer's day this is refreshing as it has no alcohol and you serve it with ice and lemon. Mint & soda water

Bottoms up! :)-D(tu)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

I also find Chinotto..Is refreshing.on a warm day or just refreshing on its own.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

It's the combination of Benzioc acid preservative in soft drinks in combination with any introduced or naturally occurring vitamin C/ascorbic acid in fruity soft drinks that was in newspapers as a nasty combination a few years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene_in_soft_drinks

Then I was in a health food shop and read the side of a few varieties/makes of aloe vera juice bottles to find they were doing the same combination in that too!

OH MY GOODNESS - :omg:

I just looked up the ingredients to my favorite soda and now - I WANT MORE!!!!

http://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/MtDew.html

The majority of HFCS is made from genetically engineered corn. This is a corn syrup that has undergone an enzymatic process to increase its fructose level. Then it is mixed with pure corn syrup (100% glucose) to arrive at its final form. High fructose corn syrup can be manipulated to contain equal amounts of fructose and glucose, or up to 80 percent fructose and 20 percent glucose. Thus, with almost twice the fructose, HFCS delivers double the risk compared to sugar

ALMOST TWICE THE FRUCTOSE :ecstatic:

I don't know how they do it, but they back TWICE the love in just one soda - :drink: AWESOME!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Oh and I could become flame retardant if I keep drinking it :ecstatic: That would be cool!!!

http://kotaku.com/5867844/mountain-dew-ingredient-may-reduce-fertility-make-you-flame+proof

I love this quote to discourage people from drinking it:

Sure, it's not really news that Mountain Dew contains ingredients that aren't exactly healthy, but the fact that people are drinking the same compound that is regularly used to make upholstery flame retardant seems worth noting. The article goes on to trace the FDA history of bromine-including food, saying that some experts think that the old FDA data should be replaced by new studies.

In 1997, emergency room doctors at University of California, Davis reported a patient with severe bromine intoxication from drinking two to four liters of orange soda every day. He developed headaches, fatigue, ataxia (loss of muscle coordination) and memory loss.

In a 2003 case reported in Ohio, a 63-year-old man developed ulcers on his swollen hands after drinking eight liters of Red Rudy Squirt every day for several months. The man was diagnosed with bromoderma, a rare skin hypersensitivity to bromine exposure. The patient quit drinking the brominated soft drink and months later recovered.

Reactions this severe may not be a concern in the general population, the study's doctors said.

"Any normal level of consumption of BVO would not cause any health problems - except the risk of diabetes and obesity from drinking that much sugar water," said Zane Horowitz, medical director of the Oregon Poison Center and author of the 1997 case study.

Really - 8 liters a day and for MONTHS and the worst he had was a slight skin condition. That stuff is SAFE!

Soon .....

OH MY GOODNESS - :omg:

I just looked up the ingredients to my favorite soda and now - I WANT MORE!!!!

http://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/MtDew.html

The majority of HFCS is made from genetically engineered corn. This is a corn syrup that has undergone an enzymatic process to increase its fructose level. Then it is mixed with pure corn syrup (100% glucose) to arrive at its final form. High fructose corn syrup can be manipulated to contain equal amounts of fructose and glucose, or up to 80 percent fructose and 20 percent glucose. Thus, with almost twice the fructose, HFCS delivers double the risk compared to sugar

ALMOST TWICE THE FRUCTOSE :ecstatic:

I don't know how they do it, but they back TWICE the love in just one soda - :drink: AWESOME!!!

Last night we just had a commerical for a new Mountain Dew..with caffiene added. Has anyone tried this drink yet?

I find it mine blowing to see how much drinks and food has been tampered with, all the different preservatives and additives,

nothing is genuine anymore.. I don't know what kids are like in the U.S. but give my kids a drop of fanta or cordial. They go Nuts.

One time my daughter was 3 I didn't believe in giving candies earlier we were going to a kids party & I gave my daughter a yellow

jelly bean and at first I didn't connect, but she was pushing the boys over doing things I hadn't seen before. It later dawned on me

it was the coloring. Even Mcdonalds drinks etc. Will send them crazy.