JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mr. Monk's Last Case: A Monk Movie Coming Dec 8

I enjoyed watching the 'Monk' series.  I also saw the actor Tony Shalhoub in 'Wings' and on one episode of Frasier.  He is a very good actor.  With my work schedule, I often saw the episodes of many series only after they were in reruns.

Edited by Witness1970

added last line

• 4 weeks later...

I found at least two "easter eggs" in the movie. To put it simply, movie Easter eggs are hidden references, clues or inside jokes that have been inconspicuously (and sometimes not so inconspicuously) placed into TV shows, video games, and movies.  They’re pretty much a creator’s secret love letter to their fans, or in some cases an inside joke with fellow creators.

I am not sure how to hide my answer, so I won't post. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

2 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Don't you think that Monk looks like Brother Noumair

Somewhat. I made that same comment about our current Circuit Overseer looking like Monk. 

I will give one of the "Easter Eggs" away. The opening song was written by Randy Newman. "It's a Jungle out there" the opening song of the series. They then inserted his classic song, "I think it's going to rain today" was written by Randy Newman. There was another connection to this song. 

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We just finished watching it. What a sad movie

I agree. But it was true to his character and the struggles he faced. I did like the last scene, with Watson.

9 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

I did like the last scene, with Watson.

Every great detective needs a Watson...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Another “Easter Egg”. The book publisher who fires Monk from his book contract is in fact Brooke Adams, who is married to Tony Shalhoub. Her characters name was Beth. Creator of the show, Andy Breckmans wife is Beth Landau.

One of his fears is Neil Diamond. Neil Diamond recorded “I think it’s going to rain today” in 1971 for his album “Moods”.  

12 hours ago, bobby said:

i missed it, i don't have  cable I do stream Paramount plus tv shows only 

and have Pluto TV but that is all i have 

Same here.  No cable.  But my Samsung TV has what is called Samsung Plus.  We watch a lot of shows on Samsung Plus.  I also have downloaded the ROKU channel, TUBI, and others.  They are free just like Pluto TV is free.

14 hours ago, bobby said:

i don't have  cable

We don't either. I got a good deal on the Peacock App for $1.99 a month for a year. I was also able to sign up for Hulu with ads for 99 cents a month. And finally, I am trying MAX for 6 months at $2.99 a month. We get Paramount included with our Walmart Plus program. We don't go to theaters, rarely eat out and are on a limited budget. 

15 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

I will give one of the "Easter Eggs" away. The opening song was written by Randy Newman. "It's a Jungle out there" the opening song of the series. They then inserted his classic song, "I think it's going to rain today" was written by Randy Newman. There was another connection to this song. 

I agree. But it was true to his character and the struggles he faced. I did like the last scene, with Watson.

I agree. It was sad.  But our family cried at the end of the series.  LOL I liked the Bette Midler version of "I think it's going to rain today" in the movie Beaches.  

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

I like how they did not play the Neil Diamond version of " I think it's going to rain today". It would have been cruel with his fear of Neil Diamond. 

Lyrics by Randy Newman:

Broken windows and empty hallways
A pale dead moon in the sky streaked with gray
Human kindness is overflowing
And I think it's going to rain today

Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles
With frozen smiles to chase love away
Human kindness is overflowing
And I think it's going to rain today

Lonely, lonely
Tin can at my feet
Think I'll kick it down the street