JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is in everybody’s go bag?

13 hours ago, shreenz said:

I’m thinking of adding blankets. But some people just do the basics such as food etc. I don’t want it to be too heavy, and I tend to go overboard. So I’d like some good advice. Thank you everyone. 

Take a look at this topic:

The second and third posts there lead to numerous discussions about the contents of Go Bags. Happy reading...!

Edited by Sheep

On 11/11/2023 at 3:28 AM, shreenz said:

I’m thinking of adding blankets. But some people just do the basics such as food etc. I don’t want it to be too heavy, and I tend to go overboard. So I’d like some good advice. Thank you everyone. 

I like the suggestions in the 2017 #5 Awake.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=102017165

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A delicious 80-year-old sister of Italian origin told me about the survival bag: 'I don't know which pasta to choose: spaghetti, macaroni, shells. In your opinion ?' When I asked her how she counted cooking them, she stopped the image. The tender giggle with my beloved sister, it was so funny☺️

48 minutes ago, MullumMiss said:

Après avoir regardé ce fil, j'ai décidé de mettre à jour mon go bag. Voilà le contenu de mes sacs. Nous en avons 3 pour nous deux. J'ai jeté beaucoup de nourriture il y a quelque temps et je ne l'ai pas remplacée.  F710AB23-FF97-4D57-AD47-2269ED9979DA.thumb.jpeg.333527f3c2bb3e24466598ece661e5f1.jpeg6A301EE9-CC89-41A8-B84B-506314AE755C.thumb.jpeg.310a7fa7b0f3c6c946971aa8e0dbfc41.jpeg

If I put all that in my bag, Linda, I fall backwards with him. I ordered through a brother who obtains survival food (from a specialized center) in the form of enriched bars, even the water is packaged in a special way, and the advantage is that the expiration date is approximately ten years after purchasing the product. I don't think I'll enjoy it, they don't look very tasty. An advantage if you're not a sharer: no one will ask for them in the cellar or attic. I didn't forget chocolate for the children of course,  young and old ones 😄