JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the mysterious pneumonia outbreak gripping China?

China has been hit by a mysterious pneumonia outbreak that has left hospitals overwhelmed with sick children. The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued an advisory and is seeking more details about this alarming situation.

Reports suggest that the affected children do not exhibit symptoms or cough. However, they do have high temperatures and pulmonary nodules, raising concerns about the severity and nature of the illness. The exact date when the outbreak started remains unknown.--What is the mysterious pneumonia outbreak gripping China? - The Week

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

2 hours ago, Rodejong said:

Low hygiene standard in some regions make for disasters. 

My niece who has pioneered in China for many years has not expressed any concern for hygiene practices in the cities. She went through the covid isolation after being exposed with no coplaint. To me it sounded like being in prison but clean.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

17 minutes ago, MaddogMDB said:

Thank you. That article said,

The World Health Organization (WHO) said last week that common winter infections- rather than any new pathogens are behind the spike in hospitalisations in China.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The pathogen agent behind that is Mycoplasma Pneumoniae. It´s well known. It´s treatable with antibiotics. Its not a virus. Its a sort of bacteria with unique features.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I feel like this should get posted some sort of heads up for all members to see. I can say for the West Coast of America there seems to be a lot of friends catching the same illness. I got sick on November 22. I’ve had Adverse cough, chest compression, overall bodyaches, mental exhaustion, difficulty sleeping irritability, fever and muscular pain specifically in the chest. 

I personally tested negative for all known illnesses. I have been checked out with multiple doctors and have given them samples of whatever this was no answers could be given. I feel so sick it’s not even funny. 

Please, Please it may be wise to institute some of the basic instructions that we were given by the branch. Especially while we go into the winter season. I’ve never in my life experienced a sickness like this before. Everyone I know seems to be getting sick and we’re all having the same symptoms. I’m not sure if it will get bad like what happened with Covid.

Something similar happened back in November 2019 for us before the Covid Lockdown happened. Out of the outmost of concern for my brothers and sisters please take this seriously. I have not able to get much sleep as it was just so much coughing. I finally coughed up all kinds of stuff yesterday and I’m starting feel a little better. I attached the RSV Sewage Report for our area. Maybe it would be wise to just the wear a mask.

One of my friends sent me this text message the other day. I guess he was trying to give us a heads up. Unfortunately my family started to get sick that evening.

“Good Morning, I just wanted to let you know that a very contagious respiratory illness is getting passed around. I’ve been fighting something fierce since Friday evening. I am enacting partial quarantine procedures for my family. We’re cleaning the bathroom after each use, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing to keep it from spreading among us at home.

I’ve tested negative for COVID, the flu, and the common cold. There is a sharp RSV increase in wastewater, so I’m wondering if that might be what it is, as numbers don’t lie. I’ve sent my samples to the lab for further analysis. I don’t normally get sick like this. It had me crying and curled up in my electric blanket Sunday night. I’m feeling a little better during the day, but it seems to get worse at night.

I am seeing lots of friends, family, and co-workers—all getting sick within the span of 10 days. This includes people I know and work with who live in other states, all reporting the same illness. Out of the utmost concern, I wanted to reach out to my close friends and give you all a heads-up. Do what you think is best to protect yourself and your family. Thanks for understanding, be safe, and take care!”

IMG_8146.jpeg

Edited by Nemo

Don’t forget that many covid infections lately are tested negative in lateral flow tests 

the current mutations prevent the coronavirus variant to be detected 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 11/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, Rodejong said:

Low hygiene standard in some regions make for disasters. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2023-11-29/who-says-gazas-health-system-must-be-protected-as-disease-spreads

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday called for Gaza's vulnerable health infrastructure to be safeguarded as the war-torn enclave faces an increased risk of epidemics and challenges in detecting infectious diseases.

I would thing that disease would only spread to the neighboring areas - Egypt on the southwest and Israel on the east and north.   

23 hours ago, Nemo said:

I finally coughed up all kinds of stuff yesterday and I’m starting feel a little better

I and my husband  were hit with something very like this in September.   I (with lower immune status) went quickly into pneumonia and a full month recovery.  But I still had a phlegmy lingering cough that disturbed the peace until I tried this herbal recipe I found on YouTube ( I wished I'd had it sooner!)   and after two doses the quiet that was restored was amazing... It is a tasty slightly sweet spicy tea additive (or coffee) similar to Chai I think.   2 Tbs not teaspoons ~

I had phlegm BEFORE the pneumonia so this was a real find!  The comments are all so appreciative of the results!