JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

16 minutes ago, Hope said:

I think that a loving Christian would not call a brother a "bandit", just because of a beard. That was wrong and unkind. 🤨

Forgive her and pray that she catches up to Jehovah’s chariot.

Yes, sister, it's difficult and the words stay in your mind...

But in the first instance, out of love for Jehovah and for this dear sister, I have forgiven her and I don't even question it...

The problem we're now going to face within the congregation is this: some older people are reluctant to accept the new guidelines...

I found it fantastic that the Faithful Slave enigmatically emphasized Romans chapter 14 because it is necessary for all of us to read there and remember what is written there.

verse 2 says:....he man who is weak eats only vegetables....

I think that now is the time for us to evaluate our lives and see if we haven't become "weak" with some of the precepts of men who have come into our lives and that perhaps we need to change?

I think Jehovah is feeding our minds by making us understand that he is a free God and that we must be free.

It's going to be a new struggle for the elders and leadership of the congregation and we're going to need a lot of love and mercy 

43 minutes ago, Hope said:

I think that a loving Christian would not call a brother a "bandit", just because of a beard. That was wrong and unkind. 🤨

Forgive her and pray that she catches up to Jehovah’s chariot.

I have to admit when I read the word bandit my mind came up with a picture of a raccoon...lol 

But no we shouldn't call one another a bandit...SMH...

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

3 hours ago, BlaqueCalalilly said:

I have to admit when I read the word bandit my mind came up with a picture of a raccoon...lol 

But no we shouldn't call one another a bandit...SMH...

With my beard, I had a sister call me a "terrorist" 😬  but she was just joking..  She has some family from Turkey, so my come back as a joke,  was that I am a "nice terrorist" from Turkey 😁  She couldn't stop laughing 😁

In many instances we can bow to someone's weaker conscience, but in this instance we have very clear direction that we cannot tell someone that they should or should not have a beard. She is clearly in the wrong (unless she is deriding a beard looking unkempt rather than simply having one).

I would wait until the video is officially shown, though, because she might not have seen it. After that, anyone who continues with that attitude would need to be taken aside and readjusted. 

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Well, with the latest JW Broadcasting out, and all of the exciting changes it has brought, I think the beard topic might actually calm down a bit!  New Light is going out like a lighthouse in this one!!!  Exciting!

There are at least 3 threads dedicated to the New Light discussed in the recent January Broadcast. We really exhausted that topic in October. I don't think there's much to be said about it anymore, but we'll see... And about beards, I believe what's left to discuss is anecdotes and personal experiences. The scriptural aspect has also been thoroughly covered. 

2 hours ago, truce said:

There are at least 3 threads dedicated to the New Light discussed in the recent January Broadcast. We really exhausted that topic in October. I don't think there's much to be said about it anymore, but we'll see... And about beards, I believe what's left to discuss is anecdotes and personal experiences. The scriptural aspect has also been thoroughly covered. 

I guess everyone here got the early access links!  LOL

Interestingly, I never knew this was an issue. However, there seems to now be a trend of brothers growing beard after this announcement. It's good to keep in mind that the looks may not be suitablly attractive for all brothers. Some people look better clean shaven than not. Depending in facial feature and structure.

On 12/29/2023 at 11:48 PM, Tsheppar said:

Those were excellent tips, many of which I did not know. 

Welp ComputerWiz...I guess you will have to update your Avatar

Screenshot_20231229-234635_Google.jpg

I am strangely really really liking Data with a beard.  I dunno why, but it's really growing on me! :lol:  Thanks again for the suggestion!  :D

1 hour ago, zauser said:

Those that are married, be honest, is this your life now?

IMG_5847.jpeg

Somewhat. My wife likes clean shaven, but she tells everyone that she's "gonna let me do what I want" lol 

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

On 12/30/2023 at 6:24 AM, computerwiz said:

Short, sweet, and very insightful. For all you new beardies like me. 😁

YouTube recommended this follow up video after I watched @computerwiz’s one above:

It’s the same guy, but with a shorter, 4 week old beard (where most of us kinda are) - and some of the advice differs due to this change.

13 minutes ago, Hope said:

Brothers - just get some conditioner and oil for your beards. It will help the itchiness, softness, help the hair all go the same direction... get a brush, too!

You guys will look great! ❤️ 

One of the tips in the second video is that beard oil is a no no… one of the main reasons I posted it…