JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NWS Publisher Report

Hello

This is a first time for me to ask a question.

Now that NWS has changed to the new S-1 form, there is a single box to check for publishers or secretarys to use if the publisher participated in the ministry.

But how do we account for someone who did not report, other than the obvious, leaving the box empty.

However, if the box is left empty, the  secretary's page shows those non-checked boxes as "missing". 

It seems there should be some way to indicate "no" or "none" if no participation in the ministry occurred.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any suggestions.

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

Hello

Now that NWS has changed to the new S-1 form, there is a single box to check for publishers or secretarys to use if the publisher participated in the ministry.

But how do we account for someone who did not report, other than the obvious, leaving the box empty.

However, if the box is left empty, the  secretary's page shows those non-checked boxes as "missing". 

It seems there should be some way to indicate "no" or "none" if no participation in the ministry occurred.

Just GUESSING here, but perhaps put "no time" in the comments like we used to do for KHS?  Try that and see if they're still considered "missing".

I would try it myself, but I'm not home right now...

19 hours ago, Jerry said:

Hello

Welcome to the forum.  It is a good question.  I don't know the answer.  Could a "0" (zero) in the hours work?

:welcome:

Equating it with the actual paper slips, if one does not patriciate in the ministry, they usually don't turn in a paper slip ... so it would be "missing". I have never seen/heard of anyone turning in a blank slip with just their name on it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I am new to this group but I would like to see if anyone can help with this question.

The NWS report allows a publsher to check a box if he has participated in the ministry in a given month. If that box is not checked there will be continuous reminders to the secretary that certain publishers have not reported for those months where the box was not checked.

Is there a way to note for the publisher or for the secretary to note that he did not participate in the ministry, so as to avoid this list of "missed" reports?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jerry

Yes we are using the app for FS reports. But sometimes I just emails or updates from FSG Overseers. If so, putting a zero in the hours works to eliminate the reminders if the box is not checked.

And when someone starts reporting for the first time or is reactivated you may get the reminders for the months prior to that new activity. I do the same thing to address those pesky reminders. 😀

image.thumb.png.a6a4aa090cde03de4a524f30e70a363e.png