JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the typeface of S forms?

I recently decided to copy the cover of CONSOLATION magazine 1945-03-14.

This was a very difficult task for me as I am not a programmer and do not work for ATI Technologies.

Just decided to try it for myself as a learning and development thing. Here's what came out. I used fonts not original fonts, but maybe they were close to them.

Consolation. 1945-03-14_1.jpg

01. CONSOLATION. 1945-03-14_1.jpg

Edited by Andrey

Changed the quotes in the text, but no way to turn two quotes as in the original, in the Word program, in the sentence "Latter-Day" Reflections. Tell me how to do it.

Edited by Andrey

33 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Changed the quotes in the text, but no way to turn two quotes as in the original, in the Word program, in the sentence "Latter-Day" Reflections. Tell me how to do it.

01. CONSOLATION. 1945-03-14_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

Copy this character and replace that

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

11 hours ago, Andrey said:

You can use these commands:

Alt + 0145 for ’ 

Alt + 0146 for ’

Alt + 0147 for “

and Alt + 0148 for ”

There are also these commands:

Alt + 0150 for –

and Alt + 0151 for —

Edited by Murilo Orlando

It should be noted those shortcuts only work with the number pad not with the numbers across the top of the keyboard

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 8/2/2024 at 9:02 AM, Qapla said:

It should be noted those shortcuts only work with the number pad not with the numbers across the top of the keyboard

Yes, exactly. For those who haven't had a num pad. You can try the numlock in your keyboard.

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

Font heads of the world unite …😳😇

most people don’t spend much time looking at a typeface  or font as a subject .. but for those who do, it makes all the difference in world in the quality and ease of attention and reading. It is the difference between speed bumps on the highway or cruising along on fresh smooth pavement … ahhhhh

My favourite is the lower case “g” the 1000’s of different artistic expressions that have gone into just that letter.

I used to be in the graphic design  business and it would drive me crazy driving down the highway and see the absolute garbage design and lettering that people would  use to convey what sort of business they were in …

Please can I just clean up your design .. what you don’t like my 5 year olds artistic expression ..😳🙈… nope.

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.