JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW LIBRARY strange issue

Hi;

On Sunday 31st December and before that, JW Library was fine.

Each day we click on the dail text (es) link on the home page and view the Examining the Scriptures.

On the morning of January 1st, 2024 clicking that link cause JW Library to crash.

I did all the usual things like fresh virus scan, SFC Scannow - no issues.

Today, January 2nd, there are no issues and we can see the scripture and comments for today.

I went forwar and checked a few days ahead - no issues, then "scrolled" back to January 2nd - all ok.

Go back once more to January 1st, 2024 and it crashed again.

Installed JW Libray on another user, same computer Win 11, and there are no issues with January 1st.

Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Keith said:

Any suggestions

Look forward, don't go back in time?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hi;

Happy (maybe) that others see this problem, makes me feel better.

Yes it works fine on Android, but fails on existine installations of jw library.

I know it is a past date Jan 1st, but I sure would like to know why, because there must be a reason and if there is,  it is fixable and preventable in the future.

Great JW Broadcast for January 2024.

I have been in the truth for 60 years and I am delighted by recent talks.

Christian love to you all.

Same problem here. I deleted the ESD and downloaded it again, but that didn't help. Then I opened it from the Library and looked at January 1st, everything was fine. Then I went back to Home and tried the link and it worked fine. 

Go to the JWL>Library>Publications>Brochures and open the 2024 ESD. Then close it and try it from the Home page again.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thank you Tortuga,

Yes same here. It opend using publications library but the go back to home and it opens on January 2, quite ok, then click the back button for previous day and it crashes.

Thanks for your input my bother.

Bye

I had also deleted the 2023 ESD but I didn't think that made a difference. A brother just told me that he deleted the 2023 ESD and it fixed the problem for him.

I deleted 2024 and 2023 es.  Then I exited the app.  Then I reinstalled both 2023 and 2024.  I exited the app again.  When I returned Jan 2 works OK.  When I used the "arrows" on the text page, the forward arrow works OK but when I try to return to Jan 1 the app closes.

28 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I deleted 2024 and 2023 es.  Then I exited the app.  Then I reinstalled both 2023 and 2024.  I exited the app again.  When I returned Jan 2 works OK.  When I used the "arrows" on the text page, the forward arrow works OK but when I try to return to Jan 1 the app closes.

Try deleting the 2023 and don't reinstall it. The 2023 ESD appears to be the root of the problem.

Edited by Tortuga

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Try deleting the 2023 and don't reinstall it. The 2023 ESD appears to be the root of the problem.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMANHeart Love GIF by Kochstrasse™Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMANHeart Love GIF by Kochstrasse™Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The credit goes to the brother that sent me a PM. I had deleted the 2023 but I forgot to check to see if made a difference, then I did something else, so I wasn't sure if deleting the 2023 ESD made a difference or not. However a member sent me a PM and told me it had worked for him.

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Thanks, but if the 2024 works going forward it's OK.  I won't normally be going back to read the Jan 1 daily text.  
The text works OK in the main library brochure.