JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

who will be "wearing a beard" after the announcement

Poll: Who Will Be "Wearing A Beard" after the announcement?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you sporting facial hair?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Already Got it Grown

5 hours ago, Katty said:

Feel free to answer for a close family member if you're female and he's not on the forum. 

I've already grown a beard myself. By Jehovah's good mercy, the beard is growing well.

My father and mother said that I looks older with beard, and even ugly. But so much brothers (and some sisters, hehe) said that I'm looks good with.

Can't wait till it had full grown, I'll probably look 10 or more years older, but I'll be a handsome old pal 😎... 🤣

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've counted 12 brothers in my congregation growing beards. 3 elders so far and at least 3 ministerial servants. I'm an "old school" witness, who despite my age and up bringing could never understand why brothers couldn't have beards from the year 2000 on at least, so it doesn't bother me in the least, it's just weird to see now and will take a little time to get used to. I applaud all you brothers who were humble and obedient and followed the directions to not have beards if you wanted privileges even though there was no scriptural basis for it. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

12 hours ago, shali said:

it's just weird to see now and will take a little time to get used to

After about 2 weeks of growth, I strangely was on the verge of a panic attack/existential crisis.  You wouldn't think a little facial hair is such a big deal, but since it was "bad" for sooooo long and I've been in the truth my whole life, it just felt very very wrong one day...

But I'm getting used to it and very happy for the change!

I've always wanted to grow a beard since I was probably 20 but didn't because it wasn't recommended so I only grew a moustache and was waiting until the new system. now since the announcement I have been very happy and have been letting my beard grow enjoying the outcome and have been getting many positive feedbacks from the friends.