JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coffee Drinkers would you use this new product?

I am a black, black, black coffee drinkers. My wife on the other hand likes creamer in her coffee, she also likes Dr. Pepper ( I detest it).  Would you try it? I just asked Debbie and she would be willing to try it.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 100910 dirty soda dr pepper CROPPED.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

11 hours ago, Ludwika said:

heated barista grade oat milk in my coffee 😁

You know it you put a wooly jumper on cow and fed it oats, you would get the same product, without the needed processing of getting milk out of oats that don't make milk in the first place.

10 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

It sounds weird.  But I would have to taste it to know for sure.

I felt the same way when my cousins introduced me to peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. To some at first thought, it would be a no! I have now been eating them for over 50 years! 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

On 3/7/2024 at 7:16 PM, DancesWithWife said:

I am a black, black, black coffee drinkers. My wife on the other hand likes creamer in her coffee, she also likes Dr. Pepper ( I detest it).  Would you try it? I just asked Debbie and she would be willing to try it.

Vomit Eww GIF by The Bachelor Australia

NEVER would I put that into my good, black coffee ️ 

Chrissy :wave:

On 3/8/2024 at 5:16 AM, DancesWithWife said:

What an abomination! 🤮

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/just-for-fun/a60200176/coffee-mate-dr-pepper-dirty-soda-coconut-lime-creamer/

If you've never heard of it, a dirty soda is essentially adding non-soda ingredients like flavored syrups and dairy to an existing soft drink to create a one-of-a-kind flavor.

Of course, fans of dirty sodas know this concept has been around practically as long as sodas have. (Cherry Coke, right?) But the idea has gained popularity recently among the TikTokers making and sharing their homemade concoctions, and fast food chains like Sonic are now offering the option to "make it dirty" when you order a soft drink.

Coffee mate just announced that they have teamed up to release a limited-edition Dirty Soda Coconut Lime Flavored Creamer. It is designed specifically with Dr Pepper in mind to create a creamy sweet beverage with a little zest, simply by pouring it into an icy glass of soda.

Not such a abomination after all. The hype is about the name just to excite the Tik tok crowds. It's a pity young people especially, seem addicted to all these sugary fad food that is causing diseases that used to be reserved for the much older set. Junk food that is all these are. 

Spoiler

"A vast majority of coffee creamers contain water, sugar, and hydrogenated oil we know as a trans fat," says Nikola Djordjevic, MD, a board-certified family physician and medical advisor to Health Careers. "We consume trans fats when we eat animal products; however, if we take too much of trans fats, we’re putting ourselves at risk of raising LDL (or 'bad' cholesterol)." According to Harvard Medical School, with "every 2% of calories from trans fat consumed daily, the risk of heart disease rises by 23%

https://www.byrdie.com/is-coffee-creamer-bad-for-you-4795905

Edited by Imagine