JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Five Letter Words

surfergirl

4 hours ago, mserskine said:

You scrambled the last 3 letters. Try again.

Last valid word - TRITE

We Have a four letter word game. Can we please have a Five make it a little more fun.

change one or 2 letters at a time,

Sorry.  Have I missed some rules somewhere.   It just says change 1 or 2 letters at a time.  And  I didn't actually scramble them, I just added an 'a' in the middle and removed the 'e' off the end.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

We Have a four letter word game. Can we please have a Five make it a little more fun.

Sorry.  Have I missed some rules somewhere.   It just says change 1 or 2 letters at a time.  And  I didn't actually scramble them, I just added an 'a' in the middle and removed the 'e' off the end.

The rules as I know them is to change 1 or 2 letters and leave the other 3 or 4 letters where they are.

Last valid word - TRITE

Edited by mserskine

18 minutes ago, mserskine said:

The rules as I know them is to change 1 or 2 letters and leave the other 3 or 4 letters where they are.

Last valid word - TRITE

can you show me where it says that as the only rules I found are the ones I quoted above: 

This is C&P'd from the the very first sentence in this topic followed by the first word of the game which was 'Teeth'.  The second word was 'Tooth' and the third word was 'mouth'. None of these 3 words, on page 1 of this topic,  follow your rules. :flowers:

Last valid word:

Trait

Edited by GeordieGirl

5 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

can you show me where it says that as the only rules I found are the ones I quoted above: 

This is C&P'd from the the very first sentence in this topic followed by the first word of the game which was 'Teeth'.  The second word was 'Tooth' and the third word was 'mouth'. None of these 3 words, on page 1 of this topic,  follow your rules. :flowers:

Your correct. And, as you know, some don't do it correctly and others don't correct them. However There are 2 four letter word games where in the title on one it specifically says SCRAMBLED where the other does not. So since this one doesn't say scrambled in the title then I assumed you are not suppose to scramble the letters.

If you want a 5 letter game where the letters can be scrambled, go ahead and start one.

Last valid word: TRITE

Edited by mserskine

35 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Your correct. And, as you know, some don't do it correctly and others don't correct them. However There are 2 four letter word games where in the title on one it specifically says SCRAMBLED where the other does not. So since this one doesn't say scrambled in the title then I assumed you are not suppose to scramble the letters.

If you want a 5 letter game where the letters can be scrambled, go ahead and start one.

Last valid word: TRITE

Hi again, first off this isn't a 4 letter word game, it's 5.

Secondly, I haven't scrambled the letters. All the letters are in exactly the same order. I have merely inserted the letter 'a' between the 'r' and the 'i' and removed the 'e' from the end. All the letters are in exactly the same order. 

On 03/10/2017 at 7:46 AM, Good-O said:

award

On 03/10/2017 at 10:26 PM, mserskine said:

sword

Please explain to me how what I have done is any different to what you did here apart from the fact you added 2 letters and removed 2 letters. 

Are you trying to say I'm not allowed to INSERT a letter without removing one from the same place?

On 02/10/2017 at 12:30 PM, mserskine said:

Quack

Exactly what you did here? The word before this was 'quake (comment #2852). How is you inserting a 'c' before the' k' and removing the 'e', any different to me inserting an 'a' before the 'i' and removing the' e'?

You can't tell me what I did was incorrect when you did exactly the same thing on the same page! 

Last valid word: trait

Edited by GeordieGirl

16 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Hi again, first off this isn't a 4 letter word game, it's 5.

Secondly, I haven't scrambled the letters. All the letters are in exactly the same order. I have merely inserted the letter 'a' between the 'r' and the 'i' and removed the 'e' from the end. All the letters are in exactly the same order. 

Please explain to me how what I have done is any different to what you did here apart from the fact you added 2 letters and removed 2 letters. 

Are you trying to say I'm not allowed to INSERT a letter without removing one from the same place?

Exactly what you did here? The word before this was 'quake (comment #2852). How is you inserting a 'c' before the' k' and removing the 'e', any different to me inserting an 'a' before the 'i' and removing the' e'?

You can't tell me what I did was incorrect when you did exactly the same thing on the same page! 

Last valid word: trait

I make mistakes too. Go ahead and do what you want

8 hours ago, mserskine said:

I make mistakes too. Go ahead and do what you want

I am not trying to be difficult or argue with you, I am just trying to understand where you think I went wrong and to sort out the problem so I know exactly what the rules are.

I have been through a number of pages and there are many instances where the letters have been 'scrambled' - the order altered, which I agree is not correct.  The letters must be kept in the same order.  However, there are many instances where the middle letter has been changed by inserting a different letter,  by yourself as well as by others ... and in one instance you actually commended the person for getting it right,  so I do not understand why you keep saying that I scrambled the letters and that the word is not valid, when all the letters are in exactly the same order with just the one letter changed in the middle. The thing is, if you can't insert a letter in the middle of the word, still keeping the other letters in the correct order, it means that the middle letter is never going to change.

Last valid word:

Trail