JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4292 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The shooting suspect's (James Holmes) mother lives a few blocks from us here is the Penesquitos area of San Diego. Lots of news reporter activity right now.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19074152/colorado-theater-shooting-suspect-from-san-diego

I think it's horrible how the media camp outside relatives' homes when tragedy strikes. Haven't the parents suffered enough! The Mother of the shooter in our town ended up in hospital under Police guard, yet they were still camping around his empty property in Arlecdon village, her home at Ennerdale village and his late brother's farm for 3 weeks.Some of the rest of his family here had to put their household goods in storage and move out for a while.

I am saddened when I hear of

Little children being hurt or killed or

People being hurt for the sake of

making others feel good.

This Batman movie.is this the same

One that Heath ledger died filming?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

No, Heath Ledger died during the filming of the second movie of the trilogy "The Dark knight". And it had nothing to do with the movie, another Hollywood overdose. very sad, he was very talented actor!

No, Heath Ledger died during the filming of the second movie of the trilogy "The Dark knight". And it had nothing to do with the movie, another Hollywood overdose. very sad, he was very talented actor!

OK thanks Musky. I'm behind in the

Movie world. I don't get out much.

Always kids stuff.

I have liked Batman movies before

but I also have wondered what's in the story line. That could have got to

Heath. & now this guy that goes into

A cinema. Probably just coincidence.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Actually, . . Heath died after the film Dark Knight finished filming. It was in editing as he died.

The film that was compromised by his death was The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus.

That could have got to

Heath was "warned" by Jack Nicholson about the Joker role. Nicholson told Ledger that the character can mess with your head. Some thought it was no wonder Ledger went into a depression after filming Dark Knight.

That could have got to

Heath was "warned" by Jack Nicholson about the Joker role. Nicholson told Ledger that the character can mess with your head. Some thought it was no wonder Ledger went into a depression after filming Dark Knight.

Thank you that was what I had thought of. Myself. dear Chuck, I hope it is ok to express openly view points I hope I do not appear to be a

nutter, In my comments. To me the title Of the Dark Knight, Is a border close to the Dark side stuff...

I have noticed its probably just my observation, opinion how you like to term it. I like the Super Man movies the original Christopher Reeves

and Lois Lane, But I find it intriguing both he & the person Who played Lois had bad accidents & wheel chairs, after playing

characters, The movies start of ok when they are in sequels they tend to go further into the Dark side stuff, & their personal lives seem to end

up in tragedy. This is probably for another post. But in saying this. After reading from the scriptures, I see that Jehovah says that those who

mess with the Devil's playground are likely to have trouble in their lives. Like look at some singers who where Jehovah's witnesses, their music

went into the deep and twisted. They & there family haven't faired well. I hope its ok to say this & not be judged for this.

If my thinking needs adjusting please feel free to imput. Before I was married I use to clean a house in the South side of Caringbah a really

posh area, These people were full time pioneers & special pioneers at one time. Then they got into owning Pools, big successful business.

His background is Egyptian, they owned a 5 story place. One room had a picture of Abraham a picture out of one of the magazines

we had studied. They had all That belonged to the Egyptians.god's etc. I was to dust that room. It was so creepy I would rush in & out

she would were the Goddess around her neck, They are now out of the truth her health has suffered greatly. They divorced. Son married girl next

door not a witness, their lives are a reck, I am sorry for being of topic here. But I can't help but see that the influence is so strong, To go against Jehovah

is to fair badly. So I have seen people on drugs it is a sad situation the outcome on the families, then you have mad people like this guy.That feels the

need to go shooting. I think that movies do influence people if they take drugs or not.

If my thinking needs adjusting please feel free to imput.

Okay, here goes...

To me the title Of the Dark Knight, Is a border close to the Dark side stuff...

The title comes from that he is a hero (thus, a "Knight" ) and wears a dark suit and is most active at night (thus "Dark" ). Remember, he is Bruce Wayne business man during the day.

Also, Batman is thought towards as being a vigilante while also saving lives and protecting the people of Gotham, so he is The Dark Knight. Harvey Dent was known as The White Knight, because he delt with crime in a 'normal' situation.

I have noticed its probably just my observation, opinion how you like to term it. I like the Super Man movies the original Christopher Reeves

and Lois Lane, But I find it intriguing both he & the person Who played Lois had bad accidents & wheel chairs, after playing

characters,

Christopher Reeve suffered his horseback riding accident that left him paralyzed a full EIGHT YEARS after he finished his last Superman film (Superman 4 - so terrible it is not worth watching at all). The old adage rings true in his case "time and unforseen occurence befall them all" - Ecclesiastes something.

Margot Kidder played Lois Lane. She was never in a wheel chair as far as I know. She is still into acting, and even had a guest appearance in Smallville, a Superman story that aired on the CW from 2000 to 2010. She is doing fine, but if anything happened to her that we want to superstitiously blame a movie role for, her starring in The Amityville Horror, Halloween 2, and Tales from the Crypt would be better roles to point fingers at than Superman.

I see that Jehovah says that those who mess with the Devil's playground are likely to have trouble in their lives.

More or less. It would be awesome if the scriptures said it just like that though.

Before I was married I use to clean a house in the South side of Caringbah a really posh area, These people were full time pioneers & special pioneers at one time. Then they got into owning Pools, big successful business.... They are now out of the truth her health has suffered greatly.... I can't help but see that the influence is so strong, To go against Jehovah

is to fair badly.

Life is all about choices. They started making bad choices, looking at what the world has to offer, the "showy display of one's means of life" (2 John 2:15-17), etc, until materialism became the god the worshipped. "You cannot serve both God and Riches" said our Lord and Savior. They reaped what they sown.

It's easy to blame Satan for everything, but remember, people are jerks too. ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Ok sorry, tabloids I can't remember what magazine, Maybe a womans day or one of those mags. Had an interview with Margot Kidder

she was in a wheel chair,,this was a long time ago. & kinda after Christopher Reeves had his accident.

I hate talking about the Devil and all that stuff,

So I like to keep it brief. But thanks for putting me straight.

As for this statement. Sorry after trying to explain to my children break it down for them to understand, I seem to have developed

kids brain also...''Devil's playground are likely to have trouble in their lives.'' :depressed:

As for this statement. Sorry after trying to explain to my children break it down for them to understand, I seem to have developed

kids brain also...''Devil's playground are likely to have trouble in their lives.'' :depressed:

No need to apologize there dear sister. I liked the expression. One could say that this world, this system of things, is the devil's playground, and thus why we want to be no part of it.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I thought this was very nice of the guy...

'Dark Knight Rises' star Christian Bale visits victims of Aurora theater massacre

The actor went to the site of the tragedy to pay his condolences as an individual, according to reports

BY MICHAEL WALSH / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2012, 5:27 PM

Christian Bale, star of "The Dark Knight" trilogy, visited victims of the movie theater massacre in Aurora, Colo. on Tuesday, Warner Bros. confirmed to the Denver Post.

Bale went to Aurora to offer his condolences as an individual rather than as a spokesperson for the production company.

"Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers," said an assistant to Susan Fleishman, the executive vice president for corporate communications at Warner Bros.

Following the tragedy at a midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” in Aurora, internet campaigns emerged asking Bale to visit the town. A young woman named Emily Sanchez posted a request to one such Facebook campaign that went viral, reports the Chicago Sun-Times.

"I propose we should make enough noise asking Christian Bale to visit these kids in the hospital dressed in the real Batman outfit. They need to know Heroes can be real too, not just the bad guys," Sanchez wrote.

"Words cannot express the horror that I feel," Bale said in a statement released on Saturday, "I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."

Bale arrived in an ambulance around 2 p.m., reports Fox 31 Denver.

bale-aurora.jpg

Read more: NY Daily News

Click through to see many many more pictures.

I just spoke to a friend in Colorado' date=' as far as he has heard, there were no witnesses at the movie.[/quote']

This is mostly off topic but does anyone know any brothers involved in the building of the Assembly Hall in Aurora? I heard an experience about the Assembly Hall build that is SLIGHTLY related to this tragedy but in a very narrow way. I don't want to repeat until I can authenticate it. Supposedly, the experience was related by a sister from the Brookville congregation in N.Y. Anybody know anyone from that congregation? This is a great experience (if true!) so it is worth tracking down to authenticate. Please let me know...

The Bee

I just spoke to a friend in Colorado' date=' as far as he has heard, there were no witnesses at the movie.[/quote']

This is mostly off topic but does anyone know any brothers involved in the building of the Assembly Hall in Aurora? I heard an experience about the Assembly Hall build that is SLIGHTLY related to this tragedy but in a very narrow way. I don't want to repeat until I can authenticate it. Supposedly, the experience was related by a sister from the Brookville congregation in N.Y. Anybody know anyone from that congregation? This is a great experience (if true!) so it is worth tracking down to authenticate. Please let me know...

It is from a sister in Brooklyn N.Y.

We know her, so you can trust the authenticity of this experience.

Whenever she sent something, it is from a secure source and confirmed.

I think I know what the experience is and leave it to you to put it on the forum.