JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another Nutter in a Cinema

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4280 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Suggestion: Tell new signees the real truth when they apply . .put the NRA logo up where it can be seen alongside the JWT logo. They won’t waste their time if they are given the real choice.

If this opinion shocks you . . look up to the top of this page and see if the links to a Gunshop has the same effect. . . it should. ;)

Didn't mean to offend by any of my comments, I chimed in because I am somewhat knowledgeable on the subject. Guns are a topic that obviously some people feel strongly about. For the ones in my home, they are the equivalent of fishing rods. Its how I feed myself and my family, times have gotten VERY tight during times without work, but with them and the garden I have been able to feed my family even with almost no money in the bank. If that bothers anyone, I'm sorry but its the best solution I've been able to come up with. They only leave the home when I use them to hunt or practice. I don't carry them around with me or even keep one under the pillow.

I did not take the links posted as being an advertisement by any means, in fact I think the poster meant quite the opposite, we were just light-heartedly joking about them. I don't think anyone here intended to make light of the actual terrible situation which occurred. Hope if any feelings were hurt, we can all be christian and forgive, even if we learn that we disagree on some matters.

Thanks Jack - I feel the same as you.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Jan, I'm sorry about how the topics on this subject have disappointed you. I also apologize for my own comments on the other thread if they have disturbed you. You've been a real regular on these forums and an encouragement and we value your thoughts, including on those discussions which are prone to differing viewpoints, like this one. Sometimes on topics like this it can be challenging because we're all used to being in agreement on many things as Jehovah's people, so we all have to be careful how we put forth our own opinions and how we treat others. :flowers::)

Gun Approvals Increase in Colorado

News headlines today should make every movie goer shiver.

You will all be sitting in cinemas now with very nervous patrons, all packing heat and making sure they can defend themselves.

Popcorn and drinks are now second priority to self protection. Nobody will be able to say they didn't see this coming.

Jan, I understand what you are saying here, and I hate guns as much as the next person.

I don't know how things are in Australia where you live, but in the US, people have guns. I live in Texas, the majority of the population of Texas own guns, they carry them where they go. I was out in service last week, one door had a sign "we don't call 911, we shoot". The next door had a picture on it that showed one of those human target's that people use at gun ranges, and the bullet holes were in the heart, and the sign said "is it worth breaking into my house". The governor of Texas carries his gun with him, few years ago he shot a coyote while he was out for his morning jog. This is just how it is. Yes, I think most of our brothers/sisters would agree carrying guns with them to the store or anywhere else is not right, but in the US, especially in some states like Texas, this is a way of life. Do we like the fact that our neighbors all have guns and people carry them all over the place, no. It is what it is though, we can't change it here. So while you are shocked by gun sales going up and people bringing them to the movies, I think most of the people in the US are not shocked by it at all. It's the norm.

Whenever innocent people are killed like what happened at the Batman movie, it is so terrible and so sad. This is the world we live in. Fortunately, we know that Jehovah will take care of these things very soon.

Hi Ava,, Our gun laws are. we are not suppose to have them its against the law. When i was i think 17. so back in the 1990's

we had in Strathfield a massacre in a shopping centre a gunman open fire similar case senario to this Cinema, many lost their

lives it was scary, Because at the time my Nana also lived near the area,,So after that incident there came into affect a policy

to hand over all guns, except for the police no one is suppose to have guns, I recently watched I didn't want to I don't

like Aussie show's drama they are not that great Pretty Rough, There was a Fathers day Massacre in Milpera area, again we'd

have to travel that area, It was about some Bikies 2 gangs they started of friends then split, ended up killing each other they

brought in guns, Another incident that was in my terriotry was a drive by shooting at Kurnell a girl was shot in the leg,

we have had a few gun amnesties every couple of years they do this, to hand in the guns/weapons,

Again all over our news we have had bikie related shootings, drive by shootings around Greenacre because of different nationalities

clashing, Like America there is always some incident now where people feel the need to shoot someone. I understand the need

in America to own guns, country is different in someways to Australia,

it will be wonderful when Jehovah brings an end to all mankinds troubles. Agape`

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I understand the need

in America to own guns, country is different in someways to Australia,

`

Americans are obsessed with guns. The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the US is about the right for the people to keep and bear arms, and Americans take that very seriously.

From the June '08 Watching the World "With 90 guns for every 100 citizens, the United States is the most heavily armed country in the world. The country owning the “second largest civilian gun-arsenal” is India, with “just 4 guns per 100 people.”—TIME, U.S.A."

We all look forward to the day when there will be no more guns.

Isaiah 2:4

This is not guns issue, this is about those "violence lovers" minds...

Some one may use a bow and arrow or even a kitchen knife as cold arms, for instance ... (or just his own hands)

"Absolute rubbish”

No guns in the New

world......they will be plows and tools to care for "finally" food that won't make us sick or kills us! That we can be sure of thanks to Our Creator!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

Some one may use a bow and arrow or even a kitchen knife as cold arms, for instance ... (or just his own hands)

You nailed it in a single word.... it's about their minds. We're talking about "another nutter in a cinema" after all.

So let's add another scripture to the mix, and another hope that we look forward to becoming a reality soon, namely...

Isaiah 33:24 “. . .And no resident will say: “I am sick.”. . .”

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

You nailed it in a single word.... it's about their minds. We're talking about "another nutter in a cinema" after all.

So let's add another scripture to the mix, and another hope that we look forward to becoming a reality soon, namely...

Isaiah 33:24 “. . .And no resident will say: “I am sick.”. . .”

Amen! Bro. Love it.:boating:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."