JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

National cheeseburger day (USA)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4202 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Who knew there was such a day???

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/09/18/national-cheeseburger-day/?hpt=hp_c2

September 18 is National Cheeseburger Day.

Ah the cheeseburger. It's as American as, well, American cheese. But that’s as far as the patty’s origin gets narrowed down. Various eating establishments (mostly in California) claim to have invented the cheeseburger. The Pasadena Sun did due diligence in investigating the burger’s background and while it heavily leans toward one over the other, it’s left undecided.

The front runner for the American classic is “The Rite Spot” in Pasadena, California. Legend has it, one of the cooks there, Lionel Clark Stenberger, slapped a piece of cheese on his burger and the rest was history. The year was around 1924, but could have been more like 1927. Backing up this assertion, the other main family laying claim to cheeseburger’s fame reportedly worked at the Rite Spot before going out on their own.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I don't believe National Cheeseburger Day has any pagan origins' date=' so we can continue to enjoy cheeseburgers on this day way into the new system :P[/quote'] I think this is the GREATEST news article EVER posted here - can I get a +1???????

126815=7082-like.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I don't believe National Cheeseburger Day has any pagan origins' date=' so we can continue to enjoy cheeseburgers on this day way into the new system :P[/quote'] I think this is the GREATEST news article EVER posted here - can I get a +1???????

126815=7082-like.jpg

Yup! I knew it was you that posted this!

Who me??? - :lol1:

note: you owe me a new monitor from when I spit my soda (Mountain Dew) out my nose while reading your post :wave:

Soon .....

I love cheese burgers.

If you got to try a veggie burger. I think Subway.s make the best.

Amazing there is a day for a cheese burger.

How many public holidays do you guys get a year.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Every day is a holiday in America - yesterday was - National Speak like a Pirate day - http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Wow you guys had Pirate day too.My girls had to wear something Pirateee! For Wed. I thought it was just to do with the school. & then the kids told me it was the Principles birthday. & I thought it may have to do with that also.> We also seem to a have a few holidays. School breaks up today for 2 weeks SO yippee. But straight back as they are suppose to start. in Oct, they have another teachers strike. Which seems to be a pattern with them, Just one more day to take it easy then.LOL.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

There was a national cheeseburger day and I MISSED IT!?!?!

It's a good thing I didn't miss celebrating international Bacon day, which is observed in June in Canada, and out of respect for my American friends I chose to participate again in September ;)

p.s. Astrid, you really are missing out. Flamebroiled, juicy succulent meat, topped with cheese, pickles and having an underside of just the right pairing of mustard and ketchup all wrapped up in a sesame seed bun. *::o*

Who me??? - :lol1:

note: you owe me a new monitor from when I spit my soda (Mountain Dew) out my nose while reading your post :wave:

I will get it to you at your steak tree orchard. :yes:

You two may have to call 9-1-1 for me, I'm not allowed to laugh yet as it causes fits of coughing and I nearly pass out. These few comments literally took my breath away LOL!!!

OK more on burgers - why you ask? Because they taste GREAT!!!

127737=7136-Burgers20120918.jpg Five Guys voted favorite burger chain, McDonald's near bottom - http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-five-guys-burger-mcdonalds-20120918,0,2348963.story

Market Force Information questioned 7' date='600 consumers, calculated the fan favorite based on total votes and then factored in the number of locations for each chain. In every region, Five Guys led the list. Overall, In-N-Out was second, followed by Fuddruckers, A&W and Smashburger. Dairy Queen ranked last in the group of 16 chains considered. Burger King, Hardee’s, McDonald’s and Jack in the Box rounded out the bottom five. Five Guys ranked best in categories including food quality and taste, service, cleanliness and atmosphere. The only category in which it failed to rank No. 1 was best overall value; In-N-Out won that category. Smashburger, a newcomer in the so-called better burger industry, ranked second in every category except overall value. [/quote'] GO SMASHBURGER!!!!

Soon .....