JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hubble Photo

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4145 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

DITTO it was truly incredible.

The universe is liken to one huge machine.

With every machine I have seen here on earth including clocks even Philippe Patek, rockets and bi-planes, the universe is the only machine that is scientifically so accurate and well made but incredibly beautiful.

The birth of a star is one the most beautiful things I've seen.

It really makes your love for Jehovah that much deeper.

And people believe this just popped into existence through chance!

DITTO it was truly incredible.

The universe is liken to one huge machine.

With every machine I have seen here on earth including clocks even Philippe Patek, rockets and bi-planes, the universe is the only machine that is scientifically so accurate and well made but incredibly beautiful.

The birth of a star is one the most beautiful things I've seen.

It really makes your love for Jehovah that much deeper.

And people believe this just popped into existence through chance!

Clez, yeah that's always blown my mind as well. Chance? When is the last time chance produced something of value?

Rebecca think of it this way. Jehovah, Jesus, the resurrected anointed and all the holy angels are all ONLY paying rapt attention to the earth and not to anything else in the universe. Jehovah has put all other things into motion, the universe expanding, stars being 'born', babies being procreated, the cycles of the earth, and is paying heed to how his purpose for his human children turns out. He is holding the earth up close to his face and is watching, waiting, answering our prayers - because right now we are the most important thing in the universe to him! He is very concerned and he loves us so much it would spin your brain around in your skull to begin to imagine how much he cares. Like a man holding his precious dear baby in his hands, that is how concerned he is for us right now. Once all of the issues here on earth are settled then he can pay attention to something else, but not now.

So, are you important to Jehovah? You bet! :crush:

I am reminded of these words from the Psalm 8

3When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers,

The moon and the stars that you have prepared,

4What is mortal man that you keep him in mind,

And the son of earthling man that you take care of him?

Ahh I love that scripture.

It reminds me of these three even more so!

(Psalm 96:9) Bow down to Jehovah in holy adornment; Be in severe pains because of him, all [YOU people of] the earth.

(Psalm 99:1) Jehovah himself has become king. Let the peoples be agitated. He is sitting upon the cherubs. Let the earth quiver.

(Nehemiah 9:6) “You are Jehovah alone; you yourself have made the heavens, [even] the heaven of the heavens, and all their army, the earth and all that is upon it, the seas and all that is in them; and you are preserving all of them alive; and the army of the heavens are bowing down to you.

I tend to favor the scriptures that put Jehovah on high the most! These one's stick out like a sore thumb when looking at those galaxies.

Yes, be in severe pains because of him, be agitated and quiver because JEHOVAH the King of Eternity is preserving all of us alive!

Just think of those words and the meaning and effect on you and what that has to do with Jehovah's name :scared:

Oh, yes, how wonderful Jehovah has created the heavens and the earth and everything that is in them!! He is so majestic - it is hard to fathom sometimes! How could ANYONE doubt His existence?! The Scriptures give us such comfort just to know that He LISTENS to each and every one of us and knows us individually! What a privilege we have to go out and make his name known to those who don't! Oh how beautiful the universe is! I thank Jehovah God for ALL he has given us each day!:praying:

• 2 months later...

I am reminded of these words from the Psalm 8

3When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers,

The moon and the stars that you have prepared,

4What is mortal man that you keep him in mind,

And the son of earthling man that you take care of him?

Ahh I love that scripture.

It reminds me of these three even more so!

(Psalm 96:9) Bow down to Jehovah in holy adornment; Be in severe pains because of him, all [YOU people of] the earth.

(Psalm 99:1) Jehovah himself has become king. Let the peoples be agitated. He is sitting upon the cherubs. Let the earth quiver.

(Nehemiah 9:6) “You are Jehovah alone; you yourself have made the heavens, [even] the heaven of the heavens, and all their army, the earth and all that is upon it, the seas and all that is in them; and you are preserving all of them alive; and the army of the heavens are bowing down to you.

I tend to favor the scriptures that put Jehovah on high the most! These one's stick out like a sore thumb when looking at those galaxies.

Yes, be in severe pains because of him, be agitated and quiver because JEHOVAH the King of Eternity is preserving all of us alive!

Just think of those words and the meaning and effect on you and what that has to do with Jehovah's name :scared:

Sorry am kind of late to the response party. Neh 9:6 sent shivers up my spine. Preserving them all alive, as he has their life force in the figurative palm of his hand, and the ARMY of the heavens bow down to you. Jehovah's majesty causes intelligent creatures to be subservient to him, because they recognize his sovereignty as we do. These aren't mere humans though, they are creatures that have their own powers, and wisdom. Yet they realize this power and wisdom is nothing without servitude to Jehovah. Thanks for sharing.

It brings to my mind this scripture:

(Romans 1:20) 20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable. . .

How can these supposedly intelligent people who can build and operate something like the Hubble even think it could happen by chance :wall:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It brings to my mind this scripture:

(Romans 1:20) 20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable. . .

How can these supposedly intelligent people who can build and operate something like the Hubble even think it could happen by chance :wall:

This is yet another scripture that when I first read it, it took my breath away. It was in a talk by Dr. Wilder-Smith (although not a Jehovah's Witness) he talked about how boldly life could have never have arisen by chance, and about other proponents that would have come into play. He did not shy away from naming God as the source of all creation, as some scientists do.

• 3 weeks later...

Rebecca think of it this way. Jehovah, Jesus, the resurrected anointed and all the holy angels are all ONLY paying rapt attention to the earth and not to anything else in the universe. Jehovah has put all other things into motion, the universe expanding, stars being 'born', babies being procreated, the cycles of the earth, and is paying heed to how his purpose for his human children turns out. He is holding the earth up close to his face and is watching, waiting, answering our prayers - because right now we are the most important thing in the universe to him! He is very concerned and he loves us so much it would spin your brain around in your skull to begin to imagine how much he cares. Like a man holding his precious dear baby in his hands, that is how concerned he is for us right now. Once all of the issues here on earth are settled then he can pay attention to something else, but not now.

So, are you important to Jehovah? You bet! :crush:

WOW Chris, that we should imagine ourselves as the focus of all these high caliber entities is beyond arrogance. That it is possible is mind boggling. Coming to grips to it being a reality is incredibly humbling.

At this point I am, on the WORLD WIDE WEB, officially apologizing to the everybody and everything regarding all my past thoughtlessness(ses?). It seems my narcisism was on the right track and, with a little help from my friends, ha shelped me grow more Christ like. WOW and thank you all!

What arrogance I have had to imagine ill will towards anybody.......whoooooosh!!!

To know that Jehovah allowed humans to kill His son so we can have life - really shows how focussed He is on us and how much He cares.

I hope we all continue to show apreciation every day. May He forgive me (and all of you) on the days I (we) don't.

I can't wait until we are ALL perfect and can show Him the REAL appreciation He deserves!! Ps 150!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

We must remember, too, that humans/angels are the focal point in all this DRAMA confined to the earth! All of the future life consequences hang on the issue of universal sovereignty.

So, is Jehovah focused on us? He is watching us closely so that he can reward us for any nuance of loyalty that we show to him and answer we give him to Satan.

Are the angels? They watch humans as if we are in a worldwide play on a stage.

Is Christ? He gave his very life for us!

Are the anointed? They also died to be a judge, something they never would have had to do if nobody sinned.

I know we are important to Jehovah (and Jesus) as a new form of life he created - with creative abilities (animals do not have). For a long time I thought about how small and insignificant we were and how did he create little tiny things like atoms, germs - thinking about how BIG he must be, but then I had sort of an epiphany. It suddenly occurred to me that Jehovah does not have a "size" like we are used to - he is a spirit and he can be as big or as tiny as he needs to be to do what he needs to do. So SIZE is not important at all (it is more a human appreciation) and thus, we are VERY IMPORTANT to both of them as the "newer sentient creation" with so much riding on the outcome of all of this.