JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bumper Sticker & Quotes Thread

I hear cool stuff all the time and say, "Hey! Let me write that down!"

Today my daughter-in-law had a very bad day. She is a Barrista at Starbucks and there were several very difficult people. She showed me this quote and it killed me. :lol1:

Some days people need a high five.

In the face.

With a chair. :dance:

Loved it, Chris!

How about this one: 'Support mental health or I'll kill you!'

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Saw this on a pickup truck bumper in popular tourist area "So many pedestrians, So little time!"

From same Small town of 6,000 with 50-100,000 visitors during the summer people people everywhere-no place to drive nor park plus those who drive do so like they do in the city - darn missed that one. Red traffic light- What's that? I didn't see any stop sign. He drove right in front of me as I was running the red light.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Dorothy, now come on. Don't you believe that Jesus knew King James? :lol2:

The territory of my English congregation is made up mainly of Africans (Nigerians, Ghanians...) that use KJV because the pastor tells them it is the best translation. Now, can you imagine they don't even know who is this King James? Many think it is the biblical James, brother of Jesus... :lol1:

Moreover quite often they don't get the meaning of what they read...

"If you get hold of the head of a snake, the rest of it is mere rope"

Moreover quite often they don't get the meaning of what they read...

:blushing::offtopic:

That's true.

My former Nigerian study (a son of Methodist's pastor) reads the Bible by syllables, often twice, like in the primary school, despite of that he is a university student and speaks English fluently. :yes: