JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

School Reunions

Has anyone gone to there school Reunions in the past?

I been invited many times before. I have chosen never to go. Sometimes when I am asked think I would love to know if my peers turned out OK. but there is always this question mark>

1. I don't have fond memories. I wish someone took a grannaide to the place. LOL.

2. They aren't witnesses. So that has been one reason, I see it as a personal choice. Some what may,,

I have this sometimes I should go. I shouldn't go.

Its Ironic. There is a mum at the school. Who we went to the same school even though we are now in different towns.

Appreciate anyone's input,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Hi Gabe, I went to a school reunion 2 yrs. ago, but it was held at my old high school and it was incorporated with the official closing of the school.

I t was really good as I saw old teachers and students, looked at old photos etc.. But there wasn't any alcohol or anything questionable because it started straight after school finished.

I also attended at 20th anniversary reunion at my old primary school and it was pretty much similar to the high school one.

But as for reunions that are organised by former students I wouldn't attend because their would be lots of alcohol, unruly behavior and all things worldly.

But we all have our own conscience and others in the truth might feel differently about this.

My 20 yr High School Reunion was in 2010, and I didn't attend. Honestly, I just wasn't interested. I don't understand the purpose of them, lol.

You don't speak to these people for 20 yrs and then you get together for one night, catch up, then don't speak ever again, seems silly. Had no desire to attend is all.

I just received this past week an invite to our 45th Class Reunion. I have never gone to one and I don't intend on attending this one. I have nothing in common with those who do attend so I have no desire to go. Of the 7 Witnesses in my graduating class 4 are still active in their service to Jehovah.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I just received this past week an invite to our 45th Class Reunion. I have never gone to one and I don't intend on attending this one. I have nothing in common with those who do attend so I have no desire to go. Of the 7 Witnesses in my graduating class 4 are still active in their service to Jehovah.

I felt the same way really. What would we even talk about?

I don't even remember all the ones I went to High School with. There are a few names I recall, but honestly, it was 20 yrs ago, just don't remember every one.

I went to my tenth. The cliques were still cliquing and the jocks were still boistrous and inclined to drink to much. I haven't gone to another. My 50th was last year and I don't think it would have been much different from the 10th. One of our sisters told me I should go just to witness to old friends. Naw.

I was glad I went to the tenth to satisfy my curiosity. Everyone's acne had finally cleared up.

I had invites to the 10, 20 and 30 year reunions and never went... and I still live in the same place I did when I was in HS. Didn't feel I missed anything either.

For the 40th year, I was invited as a member of the class and as a vendor - I have a portable photo booth.

I attended as a vendor but did not stay for the after dinner stuff. The beginning was interesting and I did see some who I hadn't seen since graduation. Funny, many of those I witnessed to in HS never did come into the truth. However, two of those who came into the truth during High School have since left ... sad.

One sister who was in my graduating class and was in the truth then was still in the truth and had planned to attend - we had emailed about it - but, she died of cancer about 6 months before the reunion ... again, sad.

Although it was "nice" to touch base with some of those I hadn't seen in 40 years, had I not been a vendor, I would not have gone ... and I still don't think I really missed anything by not joining in the after dinner "party".

Well, that's my story :bouncing:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My school was supposed to have a 10 but the people planning got to be sort of retarded in the way they were doing things and they wanted like 120 a person to go and people didnt like that. They could have ha dit at someones house but they didnt like that either,so they ended up just not having one. Oh well lol

...They could have had it at someones house...

WOW! that must have been a small class. I neglected to mention that my graduating class has just under 1,000 people so I don't think anyone would have a house big enough for that.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~