JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

looking for a tablet or reader any recommendations:help:

My Wife has the ASUS Transformer tf201 and I have the ASUS Transformer tf700. Both are great and it's nice to be able to dock it to a keyboard (keyboard works on either one). The keyboard has it's own battery linked to the tablet making it run twice as long on a charge. It also has a slot for USB and a SD card slot. The tablets them selves have micro SD slots. I have all my WT info including movies on the micro SD (32 gig).

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I have been using my samsung galaxy 10.1 (32gb) for over a week. I love it :taz:. I prefer the ezpdf reader for the watchtower and Jeremiah book for studying in, the only thing is they do not have the scriptures but I end up just adding the keywords for the verses and use my bible for the read ones. My sons have the asus tf700 and really like them too.

I ended up getting my 2 sons the Asus Transformer tf700, we just got them less then a week ago, they have not used at the meeting since we did not have the cases yet for them. They so far love them. I ended up getting me the Samsung Note 10.1 (32gb) the model # is Gt-8013 I just got it yesterday and set some things up on it. I am looking forward to working with it. So far I like it very well.

We will also be using them in our business as well.

I just recently got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (gt-n8013) and recently upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 just two nights ago. I love this device. It is just awesome, fast, powerful, and useful. I too use ezPDF Reader for the Watchtower and Jeremiah book (I am choosing the Jeremiah book without links, as some of the links jumped all over the place) and Songbook.

Before that I had the Toshiba Excite 10 - a Tegra 3 tablet that also just got upgraded to Jelly Bean. This is also an excellent tablet, and they have come down in price since I got it. Currently it serves as an Angry Birds device for my son :P

My wife has the Toshiba Thrive - it's good but out of production. A little bulky for my tasts.

My daughter has the Asus Transformer 101 - also a decent device but out of production now.

The Asus Transformer 700 and 300 are good tablets, but stay away from the Transformer Prime - I returned mine for several reasons.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

you can try seeing if they will give you the update over the air, by going into your system settings, and then about tablet, and then system update.if you get a strange message about updates being served in the order in which they are requested, I will show you how to download it to your computer and then install it to your tablet from there.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I also got a Galaxy note 10.1 the other day (anniversary present) :)

Mine did the OTA update Tuesday morning, but I had to do what Bob mentioned and check for it manually in "settings/about phone/system update". It was a big download and took some time, but it was worth it! The tablet is even smoother then it was before and it was great right out of the box!

I am finding that I like "Mantano reader" with the epub edition of the publications. Highlighting and underlining are a breeze with that app and the Galaxy Note Bluetooth stylus!

I also got a Galaxy note 10.1 the other day (anniversary present) :)

Mine did the OTA update Tuesday morning, but I had to do what Bob mentioned and check for it manually in "settings/about phone/system update". It was a big download and took some time, but it was worth it! The tablet is even smoother then it was before and it was great right out of the box!

I am finding that I like "Mantano reader" with the epub edition of the publications. Highlighting and underlining are a breeze with that app and the Galaxy Note Bluetooth stylus!

Totally jealous. That is the one I want.

I updated my Galaxy S3 phone with Jelly Bean ( you have to do it through the KIES software) WOW! what a difference - super smooth.

Happy for you bro. :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My S3 phone did the jellybean update over the air to. I have never even installed KIES, I dislike download managers.

That is great - mine wouldn't do it OTA, but that is AT&T for you.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 months later...

Steve I have the Note with the mobile phone.

I don't use the pen.

Maybe you have the same features. There is a Voice recorder. It has the old fashioned microphone. I use that instead. I love it. Since my kids are still small & need to stretch their legs. I will leave it going. I can go back to it if I miss anything. Its easier.

Hope that helps some.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I finally took the plunge and bought an iPad. I love iBooks and its use of epub and pdf files; I have the Kindle app too which enables me to read many books I already have for that.

It is so much lighter for taking the literature in English and Czech which we will need on holiday in Czech Rep soon.

I can even use it as a remote interface for my pc music server and play music from my computer direct to my hifi! I'm sure I'll find many more things to use it for!