JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Star Trek Into Darkness

Hmmmm .... if you were a REAL fan you would admit to being a "Trekkie" even those who came along later and changed it to Trekker try to convince people that Trekkers are the "sober" fans while Trekkies are the "extreme" ones, the original fans called themselves "Trekkies" ... then, around 1970 some started to use the term "Trekker" and "claim" they are the serious ones ... think about it, if the ones who were fans from 1966, during the original run, were not "serious",  those who came later (and call themselves Trekkers) would not have had Star Trek around to admire and enjoy ... had it not been for the Trekkies and their efforts ... the series would have been canceled after the first season.

I was wodering if someone was going to call me out on that. LOL I went over to trekker.

I guess since I learned how to speak klingon, I guess I must confess to being a TREKKIE lol

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

It is almost time ,I can not wait , I heard there will be KLINGONS  whoo hoooo.

More later...... I go see the movie at 1Pm

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Two of my girls have already seen it ... but they are being "tight-lipped"  :shutup:  since we are going Sunday to see it in 3-D :backflip:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Two of my girls have already seen it ... but they are being "tight-lipped"  :shutup:  since we are going Sunday to see it in 3-D :backflip:

Wife and I had a "date night" last night and went to see it.  2-D was more than enough adrenaline for me...3-D I may not have survived.

Enjoy! 

I loved that series also... But was more fan of "Space 1999". I think no one achieved the same originality of putting the moon as the ship crossing the stars :)

Anyway, I saw every episode of "The path of the stars", as it was called in Portugal, when it passed on TV. I enjoyed also the latest movie. This one you're talking about didn't reach Portugal yet...

I went to the 3D yesterday and Grumpy and my brother went to the 2D. I enjoyed it.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

The story is very clever and the action and effects are great. The IMAX 3D is very well done. We had a very good time!

Here it is:

Kirk does what Spok did, but a little different
Spok does what Kirk did, but a little different
Kirk, Bones and Spok save the day
The Enterprise is damaged but survives
Kirk ends up in command of NCC 1701

Oh, the bad guy(s)
One is dead ... the other might as well be

:ph34r:  Am going Monday, Memorial day to see this with a sister and her sons.  They r trekkies, not me.  I just like the animation used to make this film.  I saw the new one I believe came out in 2009, taht was really cool.   This one is playing at a IMAX 3D theather near my home.   Am going to sneak in a barf bag just in case, cause going over clift's in space or on earth, makes me feel like am on a roller coaster!   I only like the special effects, the acting isn't important, cause they are all new people except for the youthful Capt. Kirk, the bad guy and Spock or I should say a younger Spock.  The sister that am going with said in the paradise after the 1,000 yrs start and Satan has been destroyed forever, she wants to travel un space.  Not me!!! This is my home, unless Jehovah says otherwise, he may make new planets, only then by his command will I move about.   Gettting back to the movie....   Hope it doesn't have sexual overtones, I hate that in movies, well this is my fist movie since 2009, there isn't much out there that I want to see.    Am a creature of habit, earth is my home for now unless our Grand Creator says otherwise! 

I saw it on Memorial day with a sister and her boys.  They love this stuff.  I liked it because of the special affects and animation.  I actually felt like I was in space and yes it was in 3-D.  I had to wear the glasses because I tried to peek without them and everything was blurry.   The music and the voices were way to loud, I was sort of deaf after the movie, my ears where ringing.  For some reason which I later read in a news article, they snuck in a small scene of Kirk with some new lady (the blonde) who stripped off her clothes, she was wearing a bra and knickers (underwear).  That was there for a brief second.  Even the people who judge these movies said that this part was dumb.    Most of the scenes where the space ship (of the bad guy) crashes on earth reminded me of what Armagadden will do and even at a greater scale!   But am not one to go see it again.  Once was enough, I liked the other one they made back in 09.  At least that one is edited on television. 

Just my personal observation of this new movie.