JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Star Trek Into Darkness

Our Circuit Assembly is May 11,12 and our District Convention is May 24-26. Star Trek will debut the weekend in between.

This will make May a busy month.

:sweat:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...
Star Trek Into Darkness: An IMAX 3D Experience

Release Date: May 17, 2013. Studio: Paramount Pictures.

Directed by J.J. Abrams and written by Damon Lindelof (Prometheus), Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (Transformers, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek) the sequel follows another chapter of the USS Enterprise crew’s exploration into the unknown. Returning to their posts on the Enterprise are Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, and Bruce Greenwood. They are joined by new cast members Peter Weller and Alice Eve.

Several key sections of the film that feature big action set pieces have been captured with IMAX cameras, which has become an integral tool for visionary filmmakers to tell their amazing stories. Exclusively in IMAX, sequences shot with the extremely high-resolution cameras will expand to fill the entire screen and further immerse the audience in the vast dimension and adventure of this highly-anticipated follow-up.

The IMAX release of Star Trek Into Darkness will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.

The 49ers and the Ravens may be playing against each other at the upcoming Super Bowl in New Orleans, but they'll also be facing down superheroes, aliens, ... as some of the major film studios have announced which upcoming releases will be highlighted during the game's pricey ad breaks. ... The studio will also tease fans with a new 30-second spot for J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek Into Darkness" (May 17) sometime during the second quarter.

The IMAX release of Star Trek Into Darkness will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.

The 49ers and the Ravens may be playing against each other at the upcoming Super Bowl in New Orleans, but they'll also be facing down superheroes, aliens, ... as some of the major film studios have announced which upcoming releases will be highlighted during the game's pricey ad breaks. ... The studio will also tease fans with a new 30-second spot for J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek Into Darkness" (May 17) sometime during the second quarter.

Welll now....I love Football.....I love SciFi.....

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

There are also supposed to be scenes that he filmed with the IMAX camera that will ONLY be shown in the IMAX releases.

OK, gonna drive to the IMax we have here- 2 1/2hours down the road, make a weekend of it. I want to get the most for my money. Then I'll buy the DVD and watch all the extras!!

Are you going to see the IMax version?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The sequel to JJ Abrams'reboot of the long-running sci-fi franchise, which had its world premiere in Sydney in 2009 and made $385 million at the box office, also features terrorist attacks on London and San Francisco, a brand-new bad guy in Bendict Cumberbatch (of Sherlock and Parade's End fame) and looks like it will deliver on its promise of being bigger and better than its lauded predecessor.

Producer Bryan Burk said after an exclusive screening of 40 mintues of footage in Sydney that he and long-time partner Abrams, creators of TV hits Alias and Lost, wanted to create a Star Trek movie for people who didn't like Star Trek. Burk hopes the new film will do for sci-fi and the Star Trek universe what Iron Man did for comic book movies, dragging them out of the geek fringe to a much broader audience.

Star Trek Into Darkness opens in Australia on May 9.

Shows in US starting May 17

• 4 weeks later...

New poster for the movie and there is supposed to be a new trailer Tuesday >:D<

hr_Star_Trek_Into_Darkness_35.jpg

I tried to "attach" the poster, but the attach option was nowhere to be found.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest trailer

Our busy month starts next weekend - In addition to our CA (May 11,12) and our DC (May 25,26) and Star Trek in between, we now also have a RBC project May 18 (with preliminary work to be started May 3

One of my best friends is a Trekkie (lol) and is trying very hard to talk me into seeing this ;) I'm a sci-fi fan (among other genres) so maybe I'll give in and go see it with her. ^_^

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I don't like these trailers.... this movie really seems more dark, I really loved the first one, it was so comical like the original series. But this one, I'm not sure.

Will wait what others say after watching it.

I have been watching Star Trek since Captain Kirk first said, "Space ... The final frontier," on September 8, 1966 ... and have seen them all since B)

I went to see this movie in 3D this afternoon with a group of us all looking fool cool in our 3D specs.

I was so transfixed with the special effects  :eek:   that I forgot to take my hand out of my bag of chocolate coated malteser balls. I later remembered - too late!-

retracted a very sticky brown hand from the bag of now congealed chocs! LOL ::o  

Benedict Cumberbatch - my favourite actor as Sherlock Holmes here - plays a real good menacing old enemy of the Star Trek crew. Mind you the original actor who played the older version of the character was excellent too.

I have been watching Star Trek since Captain Kirk first said, "Space ... The final frontier," on September 8, 1966 ... and have seen them all since B)

I have every episode of every Star Trek series and all the movies on a hard drive attached to my home entertainment system.  :lol:

I enjoy those series too.

I have tried to Watch the more later haven't quiet got there yet.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I can not wait sooooo happy I am a treker from way back, if the people at the hall only knew :o

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I have all episodes of the original series on DVD. The movies would be nice too..... 

My sister and I loved to watch the series - it was called "Raumschiff Enterprise" in German. Her favourite was Captn Kirk, mine was Dr. McCoy (who was nicknamed "Pille" in German - nowadays they don't change the names anymore when translating, but they did in the past).

I can not wait sooooo happy I am a treker from way back, if the people at the hall only knew :o

Hmmmm .... if you were a REAL fan you would admit to being a "Trekkie" even those who came along later and changed it to Trekker try to convince people that Trekkers are the "sober" fans while Trekkies are the "extreme" ones, the original fans called themselves "Trekkies" ... then, around 1970 some started to use the term "Trekker" and "claim" they are the serious ones ... think about it, if the ones who were fans from 1966, during the original run, were not "serious",  those who came later (and call themselves Trekkers) would not have had Star Trek around to admire and enjoy ... had it not been for the Trekkies and their efforts ... the series would have been canceled after the first season.