JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Theocratic Collector Membership

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2930 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That he is apostate would explain A LOT - his attitude, his reactions, his expressly going against the copyright laws - making money off of brothers and sisters who should be getting this info for free.  If he's posing as a "brother", that would also fall in line with what an apostate would do.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

His reactions and the mean things he says and does would correlate to the hatred he has for us even though he is making money off of brothers and sisters.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

You don't have to be an elder to download the videos.  Some servants have access to download them too.  Mind you, as a servant, I realise that I have been put into a position of responsibility in being able to download them.  

Also there is that little matter of copyright.  Its placed onto the end of every video.  Putting them on youtube, or charging a fee for them is also illegal.  I wonder if any of the money he makes from the videos goes back to the WTBTS.

You don't even need to be a srvent. In our hall, hypotheticaly, any publisher that is in the sound system can save the special videos into  a pen and later upload them into youtube. We only download this videos on the day of the meeting but on other halls they may download on the previous meetings like we do for the public videos. 

Other hypothesis is an elders's teenager son. Lots of elders today know little about technology and less about security. On the other hand teenagers know a lot... It is as easy as the elder saving the site access for ease of use (or inadvertently) and the son accessing his father's pc... 

Some members have suggested that this thread be moved to a members-only section. After discussing it, we feel it's better to keep it public so that anyone who is looking for information on the Theocratic Collector site can be warned of the bad experiences many have had there.

At the same time, we need to be careful of the language we use. "Apostate" is a really strong word we don't want to use lightly. It's ok to tell your own experience, but it's better not to comment on a person's status unless we know something for certain.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 7:27 PM, Loje said:

Forget the annual subscriptions ... here is a LIFE TIME SUBSCRIPTION for free!

Loads of love

Steve

This thread is just bizarre.  So, the last word from Steve was that he was giving me a "lifetime subscription" for free.  This happened after I had asked Steve to cancel my subscription and he came back accusing me of being  "ungrateful."  I wrote him back explaining that I was grateful for the service he provided BUT, I had many issues going on in my life, including major depression and because of this, I wasn't using his website.  At that point, he apologized and gave me a "free lifetime subscription."  He informed me that I would need to use a different email address because once he deems someone to be an "enemy," he ousts them from his server, permanently!  I would never to able to obtain a subscription again (paid or otherwise) with this past used email address. He also emailed me a new password.

Update:  A couple of weeks ago, I decided to stop over at his website.  I used the new password (and a new email address) that he gave me when he gave me this "free subscription."  Naturally, the password does not work!  He changes passwords from time to time however, he also sends out emails with the new passwords.  I have saved all of his emails and there was NO mention of him changing the password.  My conclusion:  He changed it and intentionally did not tell me.

Next, while going through his past emails, I came across something else slightly interesting.  In one of his emails, he quotes Proverbs 23:7, the KING JAMES VERSION.  Granted, we are free to quote from any Bibles yet, seems a bit odd for a "brother" to quote out of the KJV while talking to a sister...  I had let this go at the time but now I wonder if it's yet another piece in this puzzle.  In the following email, Steve was addressing my depression and offered this scripture and his recommendation of a book.

Note:  (Proverbs 23:7 NWT) . . .For he is like one keeping accounts. “Eat and drink,” he says to you, but he does not mean it.

Past email from Steve - Items bolded are his.

A subject that interests me greatly and has done for many years is

applied psychology which in a nutshell argues that we can greatly

affect the quality of our lives by the way we think. This has some

Biblical basis ... "For as a man thinketh ... so is he" (Prov 23:7 KJV).

This is by no means easy, but I can say from my own personal experience

I can say it worked for me and gave me the confidence to do many things

with my web sites etc, which bring me great satisfaction and seems to be

appreciated by many others.

A book which changed my life was: "Think and Grow Rich" by Dr Napoleon Hill

... which was written at the height of the great depression

in the 1930's and went on to become  one of the best selling books

of all time.  The "riches" he is referring to is not just "green backs" but

enjoying life's riches by training and disciplining our mind 

to think in a positive, meaningful way.

As with all secular publications, you need to approach the

book with all the usual cautions, but the author's purpose was

to help build his readers self confidence and thus re-invent

themselves in order to have a much more positive and

fulfilling life."

Like the rest of you, I have no idea what is going on here however, I do know that none of this repeated craziness is normal especially in a business environment.  Like some others, I enjoyed his site and had no real issues UNTIL, I had to deal with him personally.

I cannot recommend his websites and encourage you to tread cautiously when dealing with Steve. 

Also, if you do have a membership and cancel, typically you would inform the company and they handle the details.  This is NOT the case with Steve.  If you cancel Steve requires YOU to deal with the particulars which involve going to your PayPal account and removing the auto-pay which is listed under his first and last name - not the company.  No doubt, he will also charge you with being a bad person throughout the cancellation process.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

You are right. He accused me of being, "abusive", via PayPal. I replied that I had a copy of the exchange between him and myself. I would be happy to provide it. My account was reimbursed within about 20 minutes. His stress level wick is very, very short. Not like any brother I know. Or want to know. I think he thinks he is a god in his little internet kingdom. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!