JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Theocratic Collector Membership

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2936 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Friends, 

This is why it is best to stay at Jehovah's table when it comes to theocratic research. What jehovah gives us is free and true. There will always be some sort of question mark when we seek spiritual research from a source outside of jw.org, wol.jw.org, JW Library, WT Library CD, the Research guide etc...

Oh, that's interesting because I also had a rather abrupt message also when i cancelled the paypal, similar to Vicki. This is disturbing.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Me too, me too. Almost exactly like Vicki. Steve wouldn't let me explain, lambasted me, and told me never to contact him again.

Lol perhaps he didn't really want to offer the cheaper lifetime memberships as he realised send how much money he would be losing if we all signed up ?

He wouldn't let me explain either just completely ignored everything I was politiely saying

I can't believe that a "brother" who acts this way consistently is still a brother. Can't help but wonder if he's disfellowshipped but enjoys making a living off of us and when we want to stop subscribing he goes off the deep end.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 2 months later...

I start wondering about an experience I had with Steve Searles. Googled him. I was curious what was out there, publicly. And I ended up home! Here. Anyway, I was having trouble with the password. Had not been able to get one for 3 months. I finally contacted him. I am still flabbergasted at what took place. I am banned, etc. he accused me of being, "abusive". I, too, ended up in tears. And he was not going to refund my 36.00$. Told Paypal, I was, "abusive". I told Paypal I had the entire exchange, which I would be happy to provide. Next thing I know, he refunded my money. Bottom line, you do not treat ANY of our brothers and sisters the way I was treated. Period. And I told him so. 

In reality, I wanted to check and see how he was handling our new arrangement, as I thought the slave pretty well took care of it. 

The man has a negative energy that taints anything that might be on his site. I do not care how useful it might be. 

I started to wonder if he is in good standing with the congregation. You don't hide anything from Jehovah. And, he pretty well trashed me. I gave him room for an apology. Nope. But, I did apologize. For upsetting him to the extent that I did. "Turn reproach into reproof". I tried. I bid a healthy farewell to Mr. Searles. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

He obviously hasnt read the Watchtower we studied at our meeting this weekend on proper use of the tongue.  He's just one of those guys, that  no matter how nice you are, or how carefully you word something, he prefers to go off the deep end.  He can get away with his "abusive" behavior because probably very few brothers or sisters lodge a complaint with Paypal.

Now I really wonder about him. As a brother. Perhaps he started on the right page, but got side tracked. And I wonder if greed has a part in it. 36 dollars a year. How many, "memberships" does he have? A 100? 2000? Thing is, our standards as Christians are much higher then the world's. I wonder if Paypal would even recognize the gravity of his actions. What he does is intimidation and emotional abuse. This from a, "brother". 

If ANYTHING does not go his way, he flips out. It is his way or the highway. Honestly, I do miss some of the information I got from the site, but now, I'd feel like I was demeaning myself to use it. But, now, being banned, have I a choice? I started looking around to see if any of his shenanigans went public. 

If he is in good standing with his congregation, talk about leading two lives. One of those things Jehovah will have to take care of. Like the poor brother who loaned his phone to an elder...

19 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Now I really wonder about him. As a brother. Perhaps he started on the right page, but got side tracked. And I wonder if greed has a part in it. 36 dollars a year. How many, "memberships" does he have? A 100? 2000? Thing is, our standards as Christians are much higher then the world's. I wonder if Paypal would even recognize the gravity of his actions. What he does is intimidation and emotional abuse. This from a, "brother". 

If ANYTHING does not go his way, he flips out. It is his way or the highway. Honestly, I do miss some of the information I got from the site, but now, I'd feel like I was demeaning myself to use it. But, now, being banned, have I a choice? I started looking around to see if any of his shenanigans went public. 

If he is in good standing with his congregation, talk about leading two lives. One of those things Jehovah will have to take care of. Like the poor brother who loaned his phone to an elder...

Yes, Jehovah always finds a way to give us gentle nudges in the right direction if he feels we are humble enought to accept it.  I really hate to say it, but nothing this brother does seems "humble".  There is no way he could act this way in his congregation and NOT be counseled or corrected in some manner by now. If he is leading a double life, Jehovah will see to it that comes to light too before any real harm comes to the congregation.  Today's text was a good reminder that EVERYTHING is in Jehovah's hands and his watchful eye is everywhere - as long as we do our best to remain in his love, he will always show us he loves us, even if that means discipline in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i would raise another concern here - sometimes he publishes things only elders should have access to - for example monthly video presentations.

If GB wanted us all to have it, they would decide to publish it on JW.ORG

how does he get access to these videos???

here is a quote from email i received:

You will be pleased to know that new Field Service
Sample Video Presentations,featuring the presentations in
"Our Christian Life and Ministry" workbook for the month of

March 2016 are now available for immediate viewing.

i have actually decided to unsubscribe from his emails as well.

Edited by GoldenAge

I was booted out before I could catch that. I had not been in it for some time and was trying to get in to see what he could do with the workbook, when we had our problem.  I felt like Jehovah had it covered pretty well. Nothing could be added that we needed. 

How can he have access to that? Can it be that he is an elder? Wonder if the Organization knows about this site. 

The way he acts and responds to even the simpliest of requests, I hope and pray he is NOT an elder. But the question remains, how is he getting information that only elders have privy too?  Perhaps he was able to get an elder to give him their password for the Jw.org site.  That is all it would take - or he could of figured out someone's password himself .  I can't see an elder willingly giving him access.

I would really hate to think he is an elder, and is basically selling the information that belongs to Jehovah on that site. Remember what Jesus did to the money changers that were in the temple? Not pleasant. But merited. 

i might have an answer for your question - where he gets this from.

as i said yesterday, i proceeded with unsubscribing from his newsletter, which has ended in rather strange conversation.

here is reasoning for posting these videos:

The video has been on You Tube and Social Media for weeks.
It has now been watched by over 8,000,000 people.
I think the organization wanted it to be watched don't you?

Interesting, right?

so, i sent him a quote from our publication:

*** km 9/02 p. 8 par. 6 Avoid the Pursuit of “Valueless Things” ***

There is no need for any individual, committee, or congregation to prepare a Web page about Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some have posted the contents of our publications with all scriptures and references given in full and have even offered copies of convention material on a donation basis. Whether profit is involved or not, the practice of reproducing and distributing publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses in an electronic document is a violation of copyright laws. While some may view this as a service to the brothers, it is not approved and should be discontinued

his response? 

.ready??? LOL

If you feel this way, why have YOU stayed a member
of my site for over 4 years?

To start quoting KMs to me now is nothing short of
HYPOCRISY.

ah, i tried to get through to him explaining that i was not member on his site, just subscribed to newsletter but this attempt ended up in even more escalated emails, so i just wrote "bye Steve"

felt kind of being dirty after this conversation...

Excatly, precisely. This is this fellow to a tee. And it takes a while to get over the exchange. (I was in tears) I don't care whatever he offers. It sort of amounts to self-adulation. If you question him regarding anything, he looses it. Even going against the organization. The material he SELLS is not his to sell. It is Jehovah's. I would not  to like to be in his boots. Unless he gets his act together. To me, what he offers is tainted. 

1 minute ago, shali said:

Has anyone considered that this individual could be an apostate who is making money off of us?

Could be. He certainly is going against the organization. And, I was paying 36.00 a year. Went from free, to 12.00, to 36.00 And stupid me, just floated along.  So, he is making money. Shows how we can be eased into something if we are not careful. 

You don't have to be an elder to download the videos.  Some servants have access to download them too.  Mind you, as a servant, I realise that I have been put into a position of responsibility in being able to download them.  

Also there is that little matter of copyright.  Its placed onto the end of every video.  Putting them on youtube, or charging a fee for them is also illegal.  I wonder if any of the money he makes from the videos goes back to the WTBTS.