JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

For Brothers who love an intoxicating beverages

I used to bartend at one time, was alot of fun. Whats your favourite drink?

Whiskey sour..... Do you know how to make a good one?

Whiskey Sour:

Here is a simple recipe:

Whiskey Sour: 2 oz whiskey, powdered sugar, juice of ½ lemon, shake till cold, pour, lemon twist and cherry

A better recipe:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 ounces whiskey (or bourbon, Scotch, Canadian whiskey, or Irish whiskey)

4 ounces sour mix, recipe follows

Crushed ice

1 maraschino cherry

Directions:

Combine the whiskey and sour mix in a large old-fashioned glass with ice. Stir, garnish with cherry, and serve.

Sour Mix:

1-ounce lemon juice

1-ounce sugar

2 ounces water

Combine lemon juice and sugar, then dilute with water and stir to dissolve sugar.

Alternate Sour Mix:

1.5 oz. lemon juice

0.75 oz. simple syrup

Actually that was my message not my Hubby's....I made another one...here's a pic...I used John's recipe very good...I'm practicing for company:) I just take couple sips my husband finishes them...I made a Grasshopper to...that was really good...but needed something....whipped creme and chocolate maybe.

146740=8082-IMG_20130215_170300.JPG

Actually that was my message not my Hubby's....I made another one...here's a pic...I used John's recipe very good...I'm practicing for company:)

I just take couple sips my husband finishes them...I made a Grasshopper to...that was really good...but needed something....whipped creme and chocolate maybe.

Here is something more like chocolate... just top it off with whipped cream!

B-52

1/3 shot Kahlua (coffee liqueur)

1/3 shot Bailey's Irish Cream

1/3 shot Grand Marnier (countreau)

Layer Baileys over Kahlua and then drizzle Grand Marnier on top. Pour delicately on a bar spoon the coffee liqueur, the Irish Cream, then the GRAND MARNIER liqueur into a shooter glass. Serve without mixing... gently put some whipped cream on top:infatuated:

Actually that was my message not my Hubby's....I made another one...here's a pic...I used John's recipe very good...I'm practicing for company:)

I just take couple sips my husband finishes them...I made a Grasshopper to...that was really good...but needed something....whipped creme and chocolate maybe.

B-52

Layer Baileys over Kahlua and then drizzle Grand Marnier on top. Pour delicately on a bar spoon the coffee liqueur, the Irish Cream, then the GRAND MARNIER liqueur into a shooter glass. Serve without mixing... gently put some whipped cream on top:infatuated:

I don't have any of those ingredients....have to try it next pay.

What else can you make with Kahlua?

B-52

You don't have toi wait... Bailey's Irish Cream is a bit expensive, but you can make your own for much less!

Bailey’s Original Irish Cream Recipe:

1 cup light cream (Half & Half)

1 can sweetened condensed milk (Eagles or generic) (14 oz.)

1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey (any cheap one will do fine) (14 oz)

2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup

1 teaspoon instant coffee

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon almond extract

Combine all the ingredients in a blender set on high speed for 30 seconds. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. The liqueur will keep for at least 2 months if kept cool. Be sure to shake the bottle well before serving.

Makes 4 cups. (36 oz) = (costs about $4.00 to make, $25.00 to buy Bailey’s)

What else can you make with Kahlua?

Nance, here is the recipe for making Kahlua!

Kahlua

1 qt water

2-1/2 c Sugar

3 tb Instant coffee

1 tb Vanilla

2- 1/2 c Vodka

Bring water, sugar and coffee to a boil in a saucepan.

Simmer VERY slowly for 3 hours. Mixture will be very dark and syrupy.

Cool. Add vanilla and vodka. Makes 7 cups.

Nance, here is the recipe for making Kahlua!

Kahlua

1 qt water

2-1/2 c Sugar

3 tb Instant coffee

1 tb Vanilla

2- 1/2 c Vodka

Bring water, sugar and coffee to a boil in a saucepan.

Simmer VERY slowly for 3 hours. Mixture will be very dark and syrupy.

Cool. Add vanilla and vodka. Makes 7 cups.

Thanks!

B-52

Now that sounds just yummy! Does it come with our own personal bar tender?