JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A sight to see!

They are such beautiful creaturesSo where were penguins when earth was created? We're they always there? It's one of those things I wonder about as the bible speaks of water canopy. So did the polar ice caps come after the flood as somewhere to put all of the overflow of water that came from the flood waters. Then my next question would be was the earth always 75% percent water. Just a few thoughts I had. Maybe there is no answer yet for these ponderings.

They are scrumptious little things.

We went and saw the penguins when we were in Chile. They don't seem to mind the cold, but I DID!!

With the way the Earth is tilted on its axis - water canopy or not - the poles would always be colder than at the equator. How much colder would obviously depend on the thickness of the canopy.

You know - over 1,600 (4026 - 2370) years of pre-flood history is summed up in just 2 chapters of the Bible (Gen 4& 5). That is not much time to talk about what daily living was like - other than 4: "20 In time A′dah gave birth to Ja′bal. He proved to be the founder of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. 21 And the name of his brother was Ju′bal. He proved to be the founder of all those who handle the harp and the pipe. 22 As for Zil′lah, she too gave birth to Tu′bal-cain, the forger of every sort of tool of copper and iron."

Were they able to see the stars at night? After the flood, star gazing/ astronomy & astrology became a huge part of daily living for many. None of those would have known the difference from pre to post flood except Noah's immediate family.

Lots of questions for the new world, eh?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Whenever I see the Penguins. I am reminded of the Movie Happy Feet.

They are cute. I did get to see some in Tassie Roaming free.

Not just a Zoo. I love how the Father gets to look after the babues.

& The mum can go fishing. Cool.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."