JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Guess we are all effected by what we hear on TV.

Musky

We have lots of words that are mispronounced by speakers

In a prayer Thank-you Jehovah for our falling shorts

This brother always gave a talk on the marvels of Jehovah's Creation He said you must admire the dexterity and agility of a pianist only he didn't say pianist

When the audience had recovered from that he went on to say about the marvels of modern technology he said man can be so clever they have even sent a probe to your anus instead of Uranus

what is even more hilarious is now when he gives the talk he says:ecstatic: man can be so clever they have these tiny flying machines that go into outer space next to the planet Neptune

At a circuit assembly a brother was interviewed on the stage he said I found it really hard to go in fact I could only go once a month

For the life of me I don't know why he didn't say I couldn't go out in field service I think the brother interviewing said What spiritually problems are you facing.

Then he said I found it really hard and I really had to push and push myself but when I got to be regular I found it much easier to go and now I really quite enjoy it.

It can be so painful trying to contain laughter in the middle of a kingdom hall or circuit assembly

Yes, I can see where it would be difficult to contain yourself, especially if you had to go yourself.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Just thought of another boo boo

We had just finished renovating our Hall the speaker pointed to the curtains and Can you see how well the brothers are hung can we give them a clap

• 1 month later...

Oh my. Ok, I was first of all thinking about TV commercials. They can be disgusting. There apparently are no limits to subject matter. Just more proof of Satan's tentacles, (sorry had to do that) and how deep they are into this system.

The second thing I had on my mind was at a WT study, and the brother reading it, ( yes, one of our dear elders!) said, "sisters feline qualities", instead of "sisters feminine qualities". We all got a laugh there. Quiet, then it rolled around the hall. Uh, this was the same dear person who, as a sister was talking to him, stomped one foot. Big stomp. Then said, "That is how you communicate with horses". I knew they were good friends, and she just laughed. Not me. I about went into hysterics, as I moved away. Trying to be discreet. I just love our congregation. It's small, and I think of us as a bunch of survivors who love Jehovah and each other! As I type this, more come to my mind. But those two cause me to laugh, even now.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

A couple in my congregation had been married for several years, and had been quite vocal about their intent not to have children in this system of things.  So, he's reading for the Watchtower study one Sunday, and the paragraph emphasizes the importance that we "nurture our children" in the way of Jehovah.  Our dear brother read the paragraph as "neuter our children."  :huh: He realized his error, and instead of just correcting the mistake and moving on, he says, "Well, guess you know where mind is."  Needless to say, it took a good five minutes for the WT overseer to regain any semblance of control!