JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Go to a beauty supply and get some nail remover. Then you soak them for a little while. They will melt and come off easy. You can really hurt your fingernails by ripping them off. Besides it hurts a lot.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I wore fake nails for 4 years. When I decided to liberate myself I got ACETONE. It's the only stuff that works.

Here's what you do... on the table set up cotton balls, acetone, nail clippers, nail file, 2 no make it 3 glasses of wine and a small shot glass.

The shot glass is for the acetone, just soak for a few minutes with each nail and drink your wine. Eventually they will all come off.

That was several years ago and the experience was so bad I haven't gotten fake nails again, never will!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Gurl!!! Svetlana. Lols

Depending on who you go to. I can be relaxing. Occassionaly its nice to be pampered. But its the fil ins that a budget breaker.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I thought they were fun and pretty. Because of my work I was unable to grow out any nails so having fairly indestructable ones was nice. But like anything in this life it comes with a price. It's been ohh.....I think 5 or perhaps 6 years since I took them off and my nails are still recovering.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I have tried the Acetone it didn't work. They are still stuck.

I am down to 2 more. I tried all. I have been bending the nails a little

& getting something with a point. Gently lifting. But they get in the way.

I acidently bang them on something. I am very clutchie at the moment

The pain oh my Mamma! Its not fun.

Thanks for asking Angela. Xo

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I know that the OP has posted this a couple weeks ago, but just wanted to add that 100% acetone is the only thing that really works. Not just polish remover with acetone. They need at least 10 min. After a few minutes the top layer melts away, and you scrape it off all the nails and put back in the acetone. Keep doing that every couple minutes.

If all else fails, go to any nail shop and they will remove them for you for about $5. They will use their drill to get some of the melted acetone off which makes the whole process faster. :)

I know that the OP has posted this a couple weeks ago, but just wanted to add that 100% acetone is the only thing that really works. Not just polish remover with acetone. They need at least 10 min. After a few minutes the top layer melts away, and you scrape it off all the nails and put back in the acetone. Keep doing that every couple minutes.

If all else fails, go to any nail shop and they will remove them for you for about $5. They will use their drill to get some of the melted acetone off which makes the whole process faster. :)

Yea!! Woo hoo, you explained it so much better than I did. You have this spot on. Patience is the key. Persistence too.