JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Does anyone know what printer has the lowest cost ink cartridges, this will be the deciding factor in which printer I get. I will be doing a lot of printing.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

If you are mostly going to print documents and you don't need color, then spend a little more and get a laser printer. They are very fast, the ink never smears and we spend $45 for a toner cartridge and it lasts us well over a year and we print a LOT.

We found that we print mostly documents for business and the weekly study material.

I have a hp photosmart printer. It's wireless and I can print from my iPad./iPhone. Extremely handy. Any the cartridges are kind of expensive but I bit the bullet and ordered refurbished ones from a site called www.inkfarm.com. I was nervous but they were guaranteed to work. The arrived quickly and have had no problems using them. They were about 1/3 the price you would normally pay.

So, the wireless printers allow you to do what? ( not plug it into the walls) is that it?

No, they connect to your wireless network through your router and allow you to print wirelessly from any device connected to the router, either wired or wireless. There are both inkjet printers and laserjets that can do this.

Destiny I have the wireles printer it is great. A Hewit packard..its great for small spaces &if don't want to switch on your PC.

You can go onto a smart device. Note or iphone.

There is an app for it &you can go to print on the settings on your phone & its done.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

So, the wireless printers allow you to do what? ( not plug it into the walls) is that it?

They work on electricity so they will need to be plugged into the wall. :lol1:

:laugh:

Growth Demands Change!

Destiny I have the wireles printer it is great. A Hewit packard..its great for small spaces &if don't want to switch on your PC.

You can go onto a smart device. Note or iphone.

There is an app for it &you can go to print on the settings on your phone & its done.

thanks what model did you get?

Growth Demands Change!

No, they connect to your wireless network through your router and allow you to print wirelessly from any device connected to the router, either wired or wireless. There are both inkjet printers and laserjets that can do this.

i need something almost invisible, cause i don't have space for a bulky printer, but i will consider this.

Growth Demands Change!

Its the HP DESKJET 3520. Its Wifi & has Eprint.

I like it better than my others. The catridges are individual. So you can change them separately. You have a choice to do either B&w or color.

At Office works it was$70 & i payed $15 xtra on warranty. If it breaks down they will replace it with the next module. So 8 have 3yrs warranty really.

But then I saw them at Kmart 1month later & it was 50. So if you have both places check them both.

Its not clumsy. The last one the tray kept falling off.

I don't have a proper office. So its good for tight spaces. You don't have cables everywhere.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

For document printing Laser is the way to go ... there are wireless models and some have rather small footprints.

If you are wanting inkjet, the Kodak line has the cheapest price ink. They do a good job and are fairly compact. The are also less expensive to buy then some of the other name brands.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When I was in the market for a new printer I went to Staples and checked on a laser printer. The clerk asked me what I was using it for (home, office. etc.)

I do alot of printing for my business, and for the congregation.

They recommended the hp officejet pro 8600. It prints per page for less than laser. It is fast. Crisp. Also uses soy based ink that is better for the environment.

It is wireless and has the ability to print from smart phones.

I love it!

They work on electricity so they will need to be plugged into the wall. :lol1:

I tried to be tactful and not embarrass her :)

Tactful, I've never been accused of that. :punk:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I would get a Laser Printer. Mine is an old HP Laser Color and it has lasted me about 2 yrs since I last replaced the toner and I also print a lot. There are some nice wifi ones but I don't need one so I will keep the one I have but it is big.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.