JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Drop bears target tourists in Australia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4032 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That is some SERIOUS teeth, eh?

I was thinking - Ah, cute little cuddly bears, but then POW!! Those teeth!!! :eek:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This part is very interesting:

Volker attributes this selective behavior to a number of factors, the most significant of which relates to Australian people’s taste for Vegemite

Having tried Vegemite at the insistence of some friends from OZ, I can testify to the fact that whoever eats a lot of it will put off a distinct odor that will drive these dangerous predators away!

To me, it taste like "fish paste" :laugh:

No trees in Las Vegas for them to jump out of (except palm trees - and they aren't climbing those). We should be safe. :popcorn:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You know, I'm just wondering if the latest from Google may help with this 'drop-bear' problem....

maybe some researchers could gather some field samples and incorporate it into the data base and then use field-sniffers detectors to locate and avoid these man killers...

What do ya think?.....

Dave, you have the most Aus field craft, can you set something up?...I'll help, where I can-- :cowboy:

https://www.google.ca/intl/en/landing/nose/

I really think it's the Vegemite saturation levels! :laugh:

I think high BVO saturation levels factor in too--

Woo HOO!!! I am working on "upgrading" my BVO as we speak!!!! :drink:

Those teeth REALLY scare me :eek:

Soon .....

What??? These things aren't real? I am shocked!!! Appalled!!!

Ok - I am going to have to go and do some serious DEW to get over this :drink:

Soon .....

:whistling: Hey, I resemble that remark :nope: Still those teeth - :eek: I have only seen teeth like that on a baboon - BIG!!

153778=8451-Male-olive-baboon-showing-te HOWDY Neighbor :wave:

Soon .....

Ohh - the whole island of Tasmania - infested with them. They must be swimming across the water to get to the mainland. :yes:

Soon .....

I thought they were like Urban legends. Scarey stories told around campfires. LOL.

There goes the tale of cute Blinky Bill. Lols.

Vegemite, Is suppose to put a smile on every cheek. Because we love our Vegemite. LOLs.

It smells like grease & taste is not for all.

It was an oldies tradition to have a spoon of vegemite or bonox or marmite, in hot water as soup. Not the best standby dish if you're peckish. Lols

I didn't see one at all in Tassie or a Devil. They must be more scared of Humans. LOls

Thanks Musky Interesting read

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I thought they were like Urban legends. Scarey stories told around campfires. LOL.

There goes the tale of cute Blinky Bill. Lols.

Vegemite, Is suppose to put a smile on every cheek. Because we love our Vegemite. LOLs.

It was an oldies tradition to have a spoon of vegemite or bonox or marmite, in hot water as soup. Not the best standby dish if you're peckish. Lols

I didn't see one at all in Tassie or a Devil. They must be more scared of Humans. LOls

Thanks Musky Interesting read

It was interesting, where I grew up we had the Mothman, a giant bird like character. Richard Gere made a movie of it. I didn't watch the movie but all my life I heard all the scary stories about it. Different places have their own sort of monsters.

I'm sorry Gabe, I'd rather use it for axle grease than eat it!!!!

(only tried it once :eek: and the Aussies laughed and laughed at the faces I made!!!!)

Thats ok. I do no like Vegimitte. I rather A subway any day. LOls

Thats what I meant too. I use to get filthy working with Washing machines changing the oils and grease.

Its axle grease. lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thats ok. I do no like Vegimitte. I rather A subway any day. LOls

Thats what I meant too. I use to get filthy working with Washing machines changing the oils and grease.

Its axle grease. lols

Sacre bleu!!! I love Vegemite!!! You just gotta have Vegemite on toast, or what about a Cheesymite scroll from Baker's Delight mmmmm.

Australia is a land of many ferocious dangerous animals. For example.

161653298.jpg