JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has Anyone Noticed Raised Tensions/changes Since Their Assembly?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4009 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've noticed that since I got back from the Assembly, people seem more tense, on edge, etc. Even in the congregation.

I wonder if Satan is making a special campaign against those who return from the Assemblies/Conventions this year?

Just wandering if anyone else has noticed this?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

No, ours have been pretty relaxing. We had many laughs also.

I loved it when the brother was talking about this world as sinking like the Titanic and people who want you to get involved in it are like asking you "have you tried the shrimp - the Titanic spared no expense?" While all you are trying to do is get on the life boat and out of here!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have noticed the increase in pressure from Satan's world. So many brothers and sisters are facing difficulties in all aspects of life. I don't feel the assembly has anything to do with it but Satan knows his time is "extremely" short so the pressure is on high. While at the assembly we are in a place of refuge when we leave we are back to the " sick air of the world" . I think that is why we don't like assemblies to end ! It is like two extremes.

Thankfully the DC will encourage and strengthenus even more.

:)  :praying:  

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I have noticed a real change in peoples reaction to our giving them invitations, weather it's for the Memorial or the Convention. Two years ago I Aux Pioneered during the Memorial invitation and not one person turned me down. This year easily 1/3 of the people would just say no or even shut the door without saying a word. Our invitation for the Convention starts next Saturday so we'll see what the reaction is this time......

Edited by dozerman5676

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I agree Chris, in our territory, in the past year or so, people who regularly would stop and talk and wanted our literature, are now either not coming to the door or outright refusing it. Some even getting hostile.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Sorry, when this was asked earlier - i thought the question was about AT our conventions among the friends

At other places OH YES there is more tension @ work especially. I also see it in the way people drive - always in a hurry (like something BIG is coming).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have noticed a real change in peoples reaction to our giving them invitations, weather it's for the Memorial or the Convention. Two years ago I Aux Pioneered during the Memorial invitation and not one person turned me down. This year easily 1/3 of the people would just say no or even shut the door without saying a word. Our invitation for the Convention starts next Saturday so we'll see what the reaction is this time......

I noticed this too.  We are in the invitation work (to our convention) right now.  Not too many rejections yet, but I noticed on the first day of going out with the Memorial invitations that I had more rejections in one morning than I had during an entire previous campaign.  People are definitely making up their minds!

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Even in little day to day things. If even SATAN can see things are getting close---how much more so should we who have been telling others for years!!! It gives me shivers of excitement to realize how close it really must be!!!!!!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

People are definitely choosing whose side they are on. The pressure is on everywhere especially in the congregations. The fulfillment of the prophecy below is very quickly reaching its climax.

And YOU people will again certainly see the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one,

between one serving God and one who has not served him.” 

“For, look! the day is coming that is burning like the furnace, and all the presumptuous

ones and all those doing wickedness must become as stubble. And the day that is coming

will certainly devour them,” Jehovah of armies has said, “so that it will not leave to them either

root or bough. And to YOU who are in fear of my name the sun of righteousness will certainly

shine forth, with healing in its wings; and YOU will actually go forth and paw the ground

like fattened calves.” Malachi 3:18 - 4:2

I find the exact opposite reaction of people while informal witnessing with our small pocket letters..last month we placed 195 of them and I was able to reach 30 hours even though I didn't sign up...have some good return visits too. We picked up on this type of witnessing with encouragement from the FDS in the 9/96 KM and 2 recent ones...June front page par. 2 and July insert page 6 pars. 8-9

Yesterday we called back on a man at Lowes who works in the paint dept...he took the May mags and seemed like a different person..we had left him the family tract letter initially then the family book...he was separated from his wife! Could it be the book helped..he is going to call us..wants to get together!.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Elizabeth that is great. I'm going to start using "Pocket Letters".

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Elizabeth that is great. I'm going to start using "Pocket Letters".[/quote

The rewards are endless...do you want me to send you the information? I need you to pm email address...however any conversations after that I prefer here as pm...OR... if it is OK I have reduced the pictures and can post it here on whichever forum you suggest...for members only though..probably under a topic "pocket letters" whatever especially the brother moderators say...then ones can ask questions and tell experiences...you tell me Sis~

cat2_e0.gif

I find the exact opposite reaction of people while informal witnessing with our small pocket letters..last month we placed 195 of them and I was able to reach 30 hours even though I didn't sign up...have some good return visits too. We picked up on this type of witnessing with encouragement from the FDS in the 9/96 KM and 2 recent ones...June front page par. 2 and July insert page 6 pars. 8-9

Yesterday we called back on a man at Lowes who works in the paint dept...he took the May mags and seemed like a different person..we had left him the family tract letter initially then the family book...he was separated from his wife! Could it be the book helped..he is going to call us..wants to get together!.

I looked up my 9/96 KM and last year's June and July KM's too, and I can't find anything in them relating to pocket letters. I guess each country has different content?? . I'd love to know more about this form of ministry. If I PM my email address would you be able to let me have a copy of a pocket letter? :flowers:

I looked up my 9/96 KM and last year's June and July KM's too, and I can't find anything in them relating to pocket letters. I guess each country has different content?? . I'd love to know more about this form of ministry. If I PM my email address would you be able to let me have a copy of a pocket letter? :flowers:

Hi Josie~the KMs speak about finding ways to reach people..these are small envelopes with a letter and tract..sure I will send you the "pocket Letter Kit" ..pm me! Much love!

cat2_e0.gif

Is a pocket letter where you write letters and then leave them in the doors of not at homes? That's what we do here. ^_^

Natasha~these are homemade envelopes with a letter and tract..you hand them to people while shopping or anywhere..face to face..people love them..pm email address and I will send you the "kit"...Love ya!

cat2_e0.gif

I find the exact opposite reaction of people while informal witnessing with our small pocket letters..last month we placed 195 of them 

I too have never heard of pocket letters. I would love to know more about them as well. Anything that will spark peoples interest would be great. Thanks in advance Elizabeth.

We are doing our DC invitations now and people have been for the most part pretty nice, but we started in a different town that would be closer to the DC city.  We started in my home town for the memorial and I have never been treated so bad.  In one morn, I had 4 rude refusals, I just couldn't believe people could be so mean to someone they don't even know.  It almost scared me to go to the next house because people were so mean but I did it anyway.