JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vultures In France

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3939 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just saw this on the Weather Channel News.  A woman fell to her death while hiking in France.  In less then 1 hour, a bunch of birds (French Vultures) devoured her.   Made me think of the Angel's arms are extended in the Revelation book, "Come feast" calling the birds to eat what is left over of wicked mankind.  If anyone goes on vacation in France, watch out! 

Why Vultures Devoured a Hiker's Body in Minutes

A flock of vultures devoured the body of a woman just minutes after she fell to her death while hiking in the Pyrenees Mountains in France.

The woman, 52, had been hiking with two friends when she fell about 1,000 feet (300 meters) down the side of a steep mountain. Police believed she died from injuries sustained during the fall, the Daily Mail reports.Vultures are known to be able to sniff out the gaseous chemicals emanating from a dead body more than a mile away. "When we first went out in the helicopter looking for the body, we saw numerous vultures, without realizing what they were doing," said Maj. Didier Pericou, of the local police, as quoted in the Daily Mail. But by the time the police reached the body, there was little left to recover.

"There were only bones, clothes and shoes left on the ground," Pericou said. "They took 40 to 50 minutes to eat the body."

The Griffon vultures (Gyps fulvus) that consumed the body have been under considerable stress, as their primary source of food — the carcasses of cattle or other livestock — are no longer available throughout much of Europe. Due to concerns about the spread of "mad cow disease" (bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE), animals carcasses are now burned per European Union regulations. As a result, the scavengers are reportedly becoming increasingly aggressive, and some farmers claim vultures are now attacking live animals.

Worldwide, populations of vultures are under increasing stress. In parts of Asia, vultures have largely disappeared because farmers often use the anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac on their livestock: The drug is fatal to vultures. After many years of population declines, however, some vulture populations have started to rebound as diclofenac has been banned. Farmers in France, however, have renewed requests to shoot the protected Griffon vultures, claiming they are a threat to their livestock. But conservationists claim the real threat is to the vultures. "We are seeing three-figure vulture flocks over Belgium and Holland. These birds are fanning out across Europe in search of food," Grahame Madge, of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, as quoted in the Daily Mail.

Why Vultures Devoured a Hiker's Body in Minutes

A flock of vultures devoured the body of a woman just minutes after she fell to her death while hiking in the Pyrenees Mountains in France.

The woman, 52, had been hiking with two friends when she fell about 1,000 feet (300 meters) down the side of a steep mountain. Police believed she died from injuries sustained during the fall,

No wonder they make the big money !

I don't know, it was the first time that I ever read an article where birds such as these ate someone (a fresh fall) in 1 hour or 2.  Normally I read in the past that it can take up to several hours, but these babies, ate that poor woman in a flash!  Imagine the feast the birds are going to have after Armagadden! 

I know. I see poor little road kill, and there are those turkey vultures, doing their job. But, in Europe... I sure will be glad when things are as they should be.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Imagine the feast the birds are going to have after Armagadden! 

We were only talking about this the other day. It seems we are getting more and more crows everywhere and for some reason even though they are a pest they are protected. Maybe Jehovah has planned it that way for their feast after Armageddon.

*** Bible Citations ***
(Proverbs 21:1) A king’s heart is as streams of water in the hand of Jehovah. Everywhere that he delights to, he turns it.

I remember from many years ago, there was a rumor that the carrion birds were on the increase. All of us know why.

It is the animal-human thing that makes me sad. We are moving more and more into their space. We had to kill a bear that made itself home at our home area. And he was there before us. I think. But he decided dog food was his dietary choice. He had plenty of berries and apples. And not on our porch. Got so I could not come home without my husband being here. They were breaking into houses down river. Not much can stop a determined bear. A big, determined bear.

But I do wonder if he was a drop off bear. They plopped him in our area because he was acclimated to human stuff. Poor thing.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I love animals, all creatures who's habitate has been destroyed by the greed of wicked mankind.  Jehovah has somethinig special in store for all his animal creation, including the insects. 

I found this in our WT Library under Animals:

(Hosea 2:18) 18 And for them I shall certainly conclude a covenant in that day in connection with the wild beast of the field and with the flying creature of the heavens and the creeping thing of the ground, and the bow and the sword and war I shall break out of the land, and I will make them lie down in security.

*** it-1 p. 547 Creeping Thing ***
Among wise King Solomon’s 3,000 proverbs were some about “the beasts and about the flying creatures and about the moving things and about the fishes.” (1Ki 4:33; compare Pr 30:19, 24-28.) Hosea 2:18 describes a covenant made with the wild beast, flying creature, and the creeping thing of the ground; and Psalm 148:10 includes them among the creatures serving to their Creator’s praise.

So, not only will righteous mankind benefit, so will Jehovah's creation.  What a world awaits us all under the rule of Christ Jesus! 

I had an odd experience in the ministry when way out in the country in another state, our car group saw dozens of turkey vultures circling above a hill top so we drove up there to see what was there.It was a huge graveyard with a freshly dug grave from the week before.Two vultures were sitting on the fense beside the grave with their wings spread out like they were guarding it.

Very eerie.I'm sure the body had been embombed,put in a vault and buried 6 feet yet those dozens of vultures still picked up the sent.

They will be quite busy after Jehovah's great day.

A few years ago a French lady was hiking in our territory - on the fells/hills  and screes round Wastwater lake and she went missing. It took months before they found a few tatters of her clothing and a couple of bones under a gorse bush. It was foxes here that ate her when she fell down a ravine and died. They, like carrion birds are God's nature's way of cleaning up and keeping the world hygienic, but it was sad for her family when they could find nothing of her for months as they didn't know if she was still alive and needed help somewhere.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)