JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How To Make Stuff - A A

AA = After Armageddon

I am interested in learning how to make things so I am ready for the New World - like a refrigerator :eek:

Is there anything that you are interested in learning how to make or already know how to make.

I'll post more on the "fridge" later :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Where is "CerebralEcstasty" when we need her?  :wave:

To the fridge - you don't need electricity "per se". You just need something that can turn a pump - wind power  maybe (or solar)? Then you need batteries to store that power when the wind isn't blowing or the sun isn't shining.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I'd love to learn all about cooking different foods from all over the world. I can just imagine the possibilities that will be available in the new world...perfect flavors.

Foods - like the "Beefy Crunchy Buritto"?

post-272-0-23530500-1371071503_thumb.jpg

Soon .....

Dream on, Jerry....unless you know something I don't... :lol:

Maybe they'll call it a 'Soy Crunchy Burrito'....

Or maybe you can keep track of a very old cow and then use it for food when it drops dead(???)....just a kooky thought...

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Dream on, Jerry....unless you know something I don't... :lol:

Maybe they'll call it a 'Soy Crunchy Burrito'....

Or maybe you can keep track of a very old cow and then use it for food when it drops dead(???)....just a kooky thought...

Thanks Mr.s M for that idea - methane!! Highly cumbustible and able to "turn a motor". So, on that huge ranch of mine with those cows (I'll call them steers  :D  ) "waiting" to drop - perhaps I am giving them a little help (But I really don't want to digress to a meat / no meat topic)  :nope:

OK - methane - some way to capture that out of the steer and then store it? Hmmm, you might be on to something here.

(http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/dirt-cheap-fridge/ )

collect methane - http://www.ehow.com/how_5786066_capture-methane-gas.html

Better keep that little baby away from the house - STINKY!!!

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

The farm I lived on until I was 12 had a very old spring house.It was dug deep into the hillside and had a trickling freshwater spring running through it.Mom would make pickled beets and eggs or macaroni salad in an old butter churn and stick it against the far wall of the spring house ,it was very cold in there even when 90 degrees outside.Even the water from the well was icy cold.

I heard some used to store blocks of ice they cut in winter in such places all year.

But I bet Nevada didn't have many spring houses.

There were lots of ways to cool things before refrigerators.

Maybe look into some of those ideas.

Jules maybe you can learn to make a Violin. & then play it.

I love Tacco Bells. Was a frid. Night special & movies before I was married. They closed down. No more in my city.

Jerry maybe you need a generator or a windmill for your power supply. You might need something to keep yout Mt. Dew Chilled. LoLs.

I would love to learn how to make a Yacht. So I can sail & live on it.

Go anywhere. Port at any Harbor.

I also am into painting & detailing& fixing .

I wanted to get s Washing Machine./Fridge mechanics Licence. The intrecate wiring & compressors are fascinating. Cut the wrong wire all your gas is gone.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

AA = After Armageddon

When i saw AA, i remembered a conversation i had recently with a nice old time missionaries (a couple), about the new system. When we got to the point about how we are going to count time, the sister said "BA" (Before Armageddon) and "AA." (After Armageddon)

:lol:

What do you think? how are we going to count time?

Jehovah is not just willing to reward his faithful servants—he is eager to do so.

Jules,

Ill learn how to build the piano for you to play. Id like to play better myself.

I want to learn about all the animals. I want to travel by land and by sea. Hmmm might need Gabe to fix me up with her fantastic yaghts. I want to be an amazing cook. Ill have to think of what else

Hopefully in the resurrection we'll have some of the great violin makers :yes:

BA & AA sounds good to me.

Soon .....

Jules maybe you can learn to make a Violin. & then play it.

I love Tacco Bells. Was a frid. Night special & movies before I was married. They closed down. No more in my city.

Jerry maybe you need a generator or a windmill for your power supply. You might need something to keep yout Mt. Dew Chilled. LoLs.

I would love to learn how to make a Yacht. So I can sail & live on it.

Go anywhere. Port at any Harbor.

I also am into painting & detailing& fixing .

I wanted to get s Washing Machine./Fridge mechanics Licence. The intrecate wiring & compressors are fascinating. Cut the wrong wire all your gas is gone.

Ooo...That's an idea, Gabe!   :D

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Jules,

Ill learn how to build the piano for you to play. Id like to play better myself.

I want to learn about all the animals. I want to travel by land and by sea. Hmmm might need Gabe to fix me up with her fantastic yaghts. I want to be an amazing cook. Ill have to think of what else

I want to be involved with the animals, too, Angela.  And I agree with you on the cooking!  I can cook okay, but I try not to inflict it on people.<g>

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

YEP! That is EXACTLY why I need a fridge. I like my Mountain Dew cold!  :lol1:

Soon .....

When I was first married, we remodeled a chicken coop, and we cooked on a little camp stove with sterno, and our refrigerator was a styrofoam container that Grumpy dug a hole for outside the door. We slept on and in sleeping bags. post-556-0-29186300-1371139925.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.