JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

All things RBC

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3372 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The "Builder's Assistant" software that RBC uses has already been updated to begin showing the new changes.

The "Builder's Assistant" software that RBC uses has already been updated to begin showing the new changes.

Do you mean JW.org supplier info?

I have admin. access but I can't seem to find the changes in supplier arrangements.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

• 2 weeks later...

Just 8 months since Rick started this thread, not just RBC > LDC > CG?   ...   but also all of the Major adjustments and approaches made throughout these 9 pages. 

Please keep us informed of other consolidation.   ... I'm sure theres a lot more to come.    ... http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/jw-building-without-borders-video/

I was inform that we will no longer working on Sundays. All work has to be done on Saturdays and we should have the brothers attend there meetings on Sundays

Edited by Fah

How will this work with those who have Saturday Meetings in a crowded Hall? One of the Spanish Congregation in our area with many, many RBC participants has Saturday Meetings and I am sure there are others.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice to hear of the exciting things going on with local construction groups and rbc. I hope more info keeps on coming out.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry again guys.

I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately and still am not getting notified by email when you folks respond. So not getting that reminder I'm having to rely on my faulty memory and that isn't working very well.

Very nice pic's Trisha, please keep us informed. is the hall using the stackable chairs?

I'm a couple months into a restaurant design, remodel and my day starts early and ends late. But there is always time for Jehovah's meetings, service and RBC.

I say that because our design team still hasn't felt the new changes yet. Our department head is involved and assigned to the LDC along with the rest of the RBC committee. But as far as our design team we are still plowing ahead with Kingdom Hall design.

We are following the new guidelines such as no literature counter in our halls. And this next build will have solar on the roof along with all LED lighting. The power bill for this hall should be very near $0 when the year is up. Can you imagine NO electric bill or near 0. That will be quite a blessing for an entire year. If we still put those funds in the box that will be quite a chunk toward the world wide building fund.

Our remodel of our existing Brighton hall has been put on hold for now. I think the Branch wants new halls build before remodeling older ones. The plans are done and approved by the city, we just have to come up with a date.

We do have the Branch's blessing on our next project which will pop around the first of this next year. Plans are going into plan check in a week.

I looked at our design team membership and we have 65 volunteers on the list, very nice.

I'll try and check this weekend and more often in the future.......

We have been informed that we are now in CG1 - that appears to be the entire eastern coast of the US.

The projects that our RBC had in the works have been given the go-ahead so we will be busy for the next 2 years.

In addition to that, we just had Warwick interviews. Many from our area may be invited to go work - will have to see just when, how many and who (like will I get invited)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Our primary Bethel facilities within the US are:

Brooklyn New York - World Headquarters, former printery, currently downsizing.

Patterson New York - Educational Center, and site of most video production, photography, illustration, and audio recording.

Wallkill New York - Farm, printery, and currently expanding to absorb the printing and shipping formerly done in Brooklyn.

Warwick New York - Under construction, soon to be the new home of World Headquarters.

Interesting no literature counters .. So what is replacing these areas?

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Sorry again guys.

I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately and still am not getting notified by email when you folks respond. So not getting that reminder I'm having to rely on my faulty memory and that isn't working very well.

Very nice pic's Trisha, please keep us informed. is the hall using the stackable chairs?

I'm a couple months into a restaurant design, remodel and my day starts early and ends late. But there is always time for Jehovah's meetings, service and RBC.

I say that because our design team still hasn't felt the new changes yet. Our department head is involved and assigned to the LDC along with the rest of the RBC committee. But as far as our design team we are still plowing ahead with Kingdom Hall design.

We are following the new guidelines such as no literature counter in our halls. And this next build will have solar on the roof along with all LED lighting. The power bill for this hall should be very near $0 when the year is up. Can you imagine NO electric bill or near 0. That will be quite a blessing for an entire year. If we still put those funds in the box that will be quite a chunk toward the world wide building fund.

Our remodel of our existing Brighton hall has been put on hold for now. I think the Branch wants new halls build before remodeling older ones. The plans are done and approved by the city, we just have to come up with a date.

We do have the Branch's blessing on our next project which will pop around the first of this next year. Plans are going into plan check in a week.

I looked at our design team membership and we have 65 volunteers on the list, very nice.

I'll try and check this weekend and more often in the future.......

Yup...stackable chairs ty

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

All the moulding is finger-jointed pine so it had to be painted...SW Mayan Red.

I designed the wrought iron railing, pillars and years text...there's no wood on the top of wrought iron yet.

The years text is just stained moulding with non-glare plexiglass, the lettering is applied right on the surface for easy removal.

The contruction overseer made it clear there were to be "No more columns on the platform!" Due to the extra time and cost.

So I made pillars...hehehe...he loved them!

The brother made these beautiful pillars at his house and brought them down and just popped them in! Under $600.00 for both!

What truly amazes me is that the brothers that made the Wrought Iron railing, the Pillars and Years Text had never made them before!

Jehovah never ceases to amaze me!

My dream is to design Assembly Halls!

post-742-0-39613900-1416852550.jpg

post-742-0-25834600-1416852562.jpg

post-742-0-21565200-1416852585.jpg

post-742-0-58009500-1416852599.jpg

post-742-0-47856400-1416852612.jpg

Edited by AFROKITTY

Well done Trisha.

As far as no literature counter is concerned. In our next project where the literature counter used to be we are putting our information board and having the cabinet brother make a kiosk type of cabinet which will hold literature the brothers and sisters will be able to pick up what they need for the week ahead. We incorporated the extra footage into our elders room and second school rooms.

Hope that makes sense. I haven't seen said cabinet yet but that's the master plan. We will have to store the extra literature in our storage room to be stocking the kiosk, but I know this comes from the Branch so I'm sure they have something in mind for how this will work. I am waiting for more light on this subject myself.

Very nice pics Trisha. I really like the chairs and nice decor. If you could put a picture up Rick of the kiosk, I would appreciate it. Designing and constructing to Jehovah’s praise. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Sorry Ashley I don't have a pic yet as we haven't built the hall yet. We just put in this area as instructed but we haven't seen a picture of it ourselves. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If anyone else beats me to the punch please share.

Look at all those chairs! How are we going to get a mic to the center?

Maybe a long, long boom mic? Oh, we could just throw the mic to the center.

Oh. I know! I'll use a drone!!!

lol! There are 2 isles in between!

Edited by AFROKITTY

I have a design for a Kiosk...very simple, a four sided rotating magazine and book rack system that can open like a cabinet or slide sis to side for storage.

My signature piece, I call it "Motivation on the fly!" Lol

I have a wonderful partner in crime! She inspires me!

post-742-0-66228100-1417061955.jpg

Edited by AFROKITTY