JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

133 percent increase in attacks on religion in past three years

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3345 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Survey: 133 percent increase in attacks on religion in past three years

Washington: A new report from the Liberty Institute in Plano, Texas, shows that incidents of "religious hostility" have more than doubled in the United States over the past three years.

The new edition of the report has four main sections: attacks on religious freedom in the public arena, in academic settings, against churches and ministries, and in the military.

As an example of attacks on religion in a school or academic setting, the survey described the case of a third-grader who was told he could not include a religious message in the goodie bags that he was bringing to a party to share with his classmates. In another case, a Houston-area school district banned religious items at Christmas and Valentine's Day cards that contained religious content. In both instances the courts ruled on allowing religious messages.

http://ncronline.org/news/faith-parish/survey-133-percent-increase-attacks-religion-past-three-years

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

In my mind, satan is using religion to control those people who have the mindset of criminals. No care for their brother, as long as their actions get them what they care about, and their evil ends. A total lack og love.

I read some blurb about this ISIS gang, are trying to gather the nations to the prophet Muhammeds great war. Supposedly it is a prophecy that will have it's fulfillment in some city there in the Mideast.

Have any of you heard anything about it?

I read some blurb about this ISIS gang, are trying to gather the nations to the prophet Muhammeds great war. Supposedly it is a prophecy that will have it's fulfillment in some city there in the Mideast.

Have any of you heard anything about it?

Yes, check out the other thread in this forum.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/19372-why-does-isis-keep-making-enemies-final-battle/

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

So this is the set-up, the attitudes are in place and all there is left to look for is the coalition of nations (which are already set up to fight Isis now) to decide all religion has to go for peace...

The attack on false religion is headed by the UN itself, at the beginning of the great tribulation.

The coalition of nations making up Gog will attack true worship alone, and it doesn't act until some time after false religion is destroyed.

Of course the end results are clear, the world governments will join together to act against both false and true worship, but we want to be careful about looking to the wrong group when it's really the UN who is going to make the next move.

Brother Stavro, I have a question on that...I agree with you on these points but unclear on the coalition of nations, I know we will probably get more talks on this soon, but I will ask you anyway, when we have the UN leading the attack on false religion, doesn't that mean the coalition of nations under their command? Just thought that they would make the treaty for these nations to work together, not act alone...could you help me understand? Thanks.

The attack on Babylon will indeed be a coalition of nations under the leadership of the UN (since the UN alone has no military might nor kingly authority), but the coalition itself wouldn't necessarily be Gog until it forms a plan to attack true worship, even if the member nations are identical.

Ok. So when the coalition of nations (whether it is this one formed or not) attacks all false religion at once, then that is this attack under the UN's command.

So another words, if I get it, this could be the coalition but until they attack all false religion at one time simultaneously, this will be the attack on false religion to begin the GT. Did I get that right? And thank you.

From my understanding, the start of the Great Tribulation begins when this declaration is pronounced...1Thessalonians 5:3 "Whenever it is that they

saying, "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like the birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no

means escape.

And secondly, they turn on Babylon the Great!

From my understanding, the start of the Great Tribulation begins when this declaration is pronounced...1Thessalonians 5:3 "Whenever it is that they

saying, "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like the birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no

means escape.

And secondly, they turn on Babylon the Great!

No. The Great tribulation starts with the attack on false religion. The saying of peace and security is a precursor to the GT.

Look at the diagram down the bottom of this page or page 224 and 225 in the physical copy of that book.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/gods-kingdom/promises/kingdom-enemies-removed/