JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rare Steak Anyone?

11 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Ground meat that is to be served raw needs to have been extremely well cared for. Unfortunately, this is not always true for your regular burger patty. You can serve it raw in the form of tartar if you know what you're doing.

Johan

One of my favorite childhood treats was raw ground beef, patted thin and salt and peppered well.

Oh, and did I tell about spending 4 days of my childhood in the hospital with acute food poisoning? It's a fact. :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Perhaps ones from the Pacific North West will remember Oney's Restaurant on Hwy 26 going to Seaside. The original owner, Oney Camberg, would grab handfuls of raw burger when we were in back making patties. So grossed out. Yes handfuls.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 3:06 PM, loving life said:

So, it's okay as in health wise to eat raw meat?

Just asking so as to get others views, no judgment here, just obtaining information.

I personally never liked steak well done, too tough to chew plus dry. Is it like that rare too? Because I've never eaten it that way. 

Thanks in advance. 

Eating a rare steak is juicy, tasteful and tender. I love a rare steak when I have a craving. And I love A1 sauce but don't need it if the steak is cooked right so then I use the A1 sauce on my fries. 

Just saw a recipe for garlic butter herb prime rib. I'm getting a hankering for a prime rib. Sooo I think this one will fit the bill, rare with au juis. Oh man, sounds good huh?

Tracey, I will take pictures of this one.

Brother Chuck comes for dinner Thursday nights, guess what we'll be having next week?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The price of beef conflicts with my fixed income. Finding a rare steak on my plate is becoming  an ever rarer event! :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:30 AM, Old said:

I like Texas rare, but the room needs darkened or my Wife will loose her appetite!  However she likes steak tartare, go figure.

If someone would be stumbled* by my eating a rare steak they won't be going to dinner with me. :D

*Stumbled,  word overly used and overly misused. Why do we never say tripped?

Coz people are definitely "trippin'", saying they're being stumbled all the time...

Being offended is not the same as being stumbled.

That said -- I like my meat medium/medium well... :)