JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

M class solar flare

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2420 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A solar flare (almost an X-class)  from sunspot groupings near center in alignment with earth just has occurred. The cme has yet to be seen coming straight for earth. It may take 3 to 4 days to fully impact Earth's protective shields. 

May add fuel to Hurricane Irma. 

Time will tell 

PhotoGrid_1504558813916.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Screenshot_2017-09-04-17-31-28.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

iSWACygnetStreamer.gif.ccb78b3684e872d2cac947e0d20a7d16.gifIt's a big one. 

http://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=2038-01-23+00%3A44%3A00&window=-1&cygnetId=261

(Sep 5 0056UTC) Today’s primary CME is now visible on SOHO Lasco C3. This forecaster estimates a 99% chance of earth impact between 1200UTC on the 6th and 2359 on the 7th. There is a 1% chance of it arriving sooner, which would trigger very strong geomagnetic storms.
(Sep 4 2028UTC) Numerous solar flares are erupting from the southern sunspot group, and at least one earth-directed CME. Sunspot magnetism suggests flaring will persist for hours!

iSWACygnetStreamer.gif

1animation.gif

Edited by AH173

Update

The latest from spaceweathernews.com 

(Sep 5 1119UTC) Solar flaring may continue today. A CME is en-route to earth and expected to arrive tomorrow ~1800UTC. Moderate to Strong geomagnetic storms are expected.

Screenshot_20170905-161322.jpg

I saw a short video on Twitter earlier showing one of the fastest sunspot formations ever recorded. Can’t find it now.

I also signed up here for notifications ages ago:

http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/

Shame there is an airport to my north!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Oh no! Another one is coming. A X Class solar flare just happened!

Fresh from spaceweathernews.com. 

Impact from 5.5m flare coming at 1200utc. 

This next impact will be about 2-3 days away. 

PhotoGrid_1504692189933.jpg

Edited by AH173

Update

6 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Oh no! Another one is coming. A X Class solar flare just happened!

Fresh from spaceweathernews.com. 

Impact from 5.5m flare coming at 1200utc. 

This next impact will be about 2-3 days away. 

PhotoGrid_1504692189933.jpg

That may make for some interesting. ..celestial phenomena. ..

I wouldn't read that into what's going on. 

Just for news. 

LATEST SOLAR NEWS:
(Sep 6 1229UTC) An X9.3 solar flare has erupted – significant CME analysis will need to take place today. This flare was the largest in 12 years and is the 15th largest solar flare on record

Update. 

(Sep 6 1408UTC) First images of the CME come from STEREO A which shows a large, likely earth-directed CME

4 hours ago, AH173 said:

I wouldn't read that into what's going on. 

Just for news. 

LATEST SOLAR NEWS:
(Sep 6 1229UTC) An X9.3 solar flare has erupted – significant CME analysis will need to take place today. This flare was the largest in 12 years and is the 15th largest solar flare on record

I was just foolin around Brother,  just playing with words..

I probably shouldn't post at 2 in the morning..B)

Update 

LATEST SOLAR NEWS:
(Sep 7 1121UTC) The first CME was not tremendously powerful and only low level geomagnetic unrest exists. Solar flaring is decreased from yesterday morning but M class solar flares are still erupting. Next shockwave expected in 24 hours.
(Sep 6 2330UTC) The first of three solar wind shockwaves has arrived. Monitor the solar wind, magnetometers, and Kp index as the geomagnetic unrest develops!
(Sep 6 2244UTC) All indications are that this latest CME will hit earth too- no need to wait for updated ENLIL spirals. Consecutive impact scenario is at hand! Multiple impacts can be compounding and amount to greater effects than single events that are much larger.

Update 

LATEST SOLAR NEWS:
(Sep 8 1115UTC) The solar wind indicates that the 2nd and 3rd CMEs may have merged into one extended impact. Even without more, geomagnetic disruptions will reverberate throughout the day. If there is yet another impact due, we could see Level 5 storms.
(Sep 8 0059UTC) The second shockwave has struck and was very powerful. It is driving Level 4 Geomagnetic Storms and we still have to keep our eye on the solar wind for impact #3. Solar flaring may continue but will be less geoeffective as the sunspot is finally departing.

Fresh news from spaceweathernews.com.

X class 8.2 solar flare erupted earlier today. 

PhotoGrid_1505068842051.jpg

This link for the gif file shows the very powerful solar flare is missing earth by 90 degrees. Very fortunate. 

http://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=2038-01-23+00%3A44%3A00&window=-1&cygnetId=261