JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

Sad song by Cat Stevens. This song really grows on you. 

Beautiful song not many know about.

Another gem by Kenny loggins, he wrote for his son.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

"The song conveys the pleas of a captain on a troubled sea voyage and facing a mutiny from his crew. Its use of an orchestra during the long repeated refrains of the closing movement served to differentiate it from much of Grand Funk's work. Several interpretations of the song have been given; most revolve around the Vietnam War, and "I'm Your Captain" is popular among veterans of that conflict. The record was a modest hit single when first released, but achieved greater airplay on progressive rock radio stations. It has become a classic rock staple and has appeared on several audience-selected lists as one of the best rock songs of all time."

I enjoyed listening to this song as a teenager many years ago and still enjoy its dichotomy of rhythm and melody, from hard driving rock to soft melodic violins. It's a raw sound performed by a supergroup of the time, a trio similar to the group, Cream. It's long, but I actually find it very relaxing and calming by the end of the song. A different kind of funk; Grand funk Railroad.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Sorry about the video/song. I didn't realize the original song ended just before the 7:00 minute mark and another song began. Not the video I wanted. Here is the complete, although somewhat repetitious, song.

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

1 hour ago, minister159 said:

"The song conveys the pleas of a captain on a troubled sea voyage and facing a mutiny from his crew. Its use of an orchestra during the long repeated refrains of the closing movement served to differentiate it from much of Grand Funk's work. Several interpretations of the song have been given; most revolve around the Vietnam War, and "I'm Your Captain" is popular among veterans of that conflict. The record was a modest hit single when first released, but achieved greater airplay on progressive rock radio stations. It has become a classic rock staple and has appeared on several audience-selected lists as one of the best rock songs of all time."

I enjoyed listening to this song as a teenager many years ago and still enjoy its dichotomy of rhythm and melody, from hard driving rock to soft melodic violins. It's a raw sound performed by a supergroup of the time, a trio similar to the group, Cream. It's long, but I actually find it very relaxing and calming by the end of the song. A different kind of funk; Grand funk Railroad.

Nice song. Kinda reminds me of this song 🙂

Midnight rider - The Allman Brothers Band

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 hours ago, minister159 said:

Sorry about the video/song. I didn't realize the original song ended just before the 7:00 minute mark and another song began. Not the video I wanted. Here is the complete, although somewhat repetitious, song.

One of the first of the popular metal bands. I used to listen to their albums as a young man too.

Allman brothers is in my top five favorite bands.

4 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Nice song. Kinda reminds me of this song 🙂

Midnight rider - The Allman Brothers Band

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Love the music in this song, especially the intro and then the second half when drums start up, then the lead guitar. Basically the whole song..lol

Great guitarist and a gentle soul I’m sure, but he definitely fried his brain. Watch him throughout this video...very strange.

It probably has to do with being a great artist...idk. :coffee:

Beautiful song by Etta James. I hope the Valentine’s Day references doesn’t bother anyone. 

Funny Valentine - Etta James

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Notwithstanding their immodest look, I have to give Nicole Scherzinger her props for a beautiful solo on this remake of Nina Simone's "Feelin' Good."

7 hours ago, EccentricM said:

This song is somewhat of a meme, but I still reall like it 😄

I was on YouTube listening to Indian music about a month ago and saw this video. The part at 1:02 had me rollin’ :lol:

Edited by Brother Jack

I wanted to take this time to post some of Aretha Franklin’s songs. So sad she is gone. She surely was the Queen of soul. I hope she will be resurrected to sing another day 🙂

Rock steady - Aretha Franklin 

Think - Aretha Franklin

15 minutes ago, Patinage said:

love polyphonic singing

I was discussing this recently with someone. I do as well. I don't listen to them because of the pagan content, but I really like the singing style and sound of Gregorian Chants & Ecclesiastical music sung in latin, and at times wished we had that singing style. It does sound rather "holy sounding" and has a certain awe about it, but sadly it's abused by the churches and I suppose the GB doesnt want us associated with that image.

Edited by EccentricM