JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

On 8/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, Brother Jack said:

I first heard this song many years ago. I thought the chorus was annoying but it grew on me.

Idioteque - Radiohead 

I will - Radiohead

I just realized this video has both the album and a live version. The album version ends at 2:10. I knew when I uploaded it the ending didn’t sound like the album version...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

The lyrics in this song I thought were very sad because it gives the perspective of a worldly person toward life without the truth. 

“Ships that don’t come in” - Joe Diffie 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

people who write good classic songs never cease to amaze me. It has to be a gift you’re born with. 

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

people who write good classic songs never cease to amaze me. It has to be a gift you’re born with. 

I agree.  The Brothers Gibb wrote thousands of songs and I have yet to hear one I didn't like.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Here’s a couple songs from a unique band I discovered in 2012. I just love part 2:05 - 2:31 on the second song. Omar Rodríguez - López is one of my favorite guitarists.

Cicatriz Esp - The Mars Volta

Drunkship of lanterns - The Mars Volta

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Here’s a couple of songs by The Weeknd. The first does have a drug reference but it does not glorify it.

False alarm - The Weeknd 

Earned it - The Weeknd

I've been learning Mandarin for a while now, so I really enjoy listening to Mandarin language and Chinese music. Love the culture and language. Just recently found this song and can't wait to translate it accurately. I know what the Chinese and (obviously) English title means. "Zheyang hao bu hao" can mean along the lines of "how about this?" and "is this good?" And I recognize some of the words plus translated the lyrics on google. Lyrics are beautiful, as with most Chinese songs. But need to get some help from fluent friends to fine tune everything so it can be translated more accurately. There's no translation online I guess because Xiao Yu is not popular enough. Oh well. Either way I love his voice, the use of strings and real instruments and just the whole composition. 

1 hour ago, JayMusicGirl said:

I've been learning Mandarin for a while now, so I really enjoy listening to Mandarin language and Chinese music. Love the culture and language. Just recently found this song and can't wait to translate it accurately. I know what the Chinese and (obviously) English title means. "Zheyang hao bu hao" can mean along the lines of "how about this?" and "is this good?" And I recognize some of the words plus translated the lyrics on google. Lyrics are beautiful, as with most Chinese songs. But need to get some help from fluent friends to fine tune everything so it can be translated more accurately. There's no translation online I guess because Xiao Yu is not popular enough. Oh well. Either way I love his voice, the use of strings and real instruments and just the whole composition. 

Me, also into Chinese songs, and I'm quite good in Mandarin but, my English vocabulary is limited, not sure if I can help :(

Edited by ivy

Adding

:bouncing:

14 hours ago, JayMusicGirl said:

Thanks for contributing to the thread sister Jadon 🙂

On 8/29/2018 at 5:26 PM, minister159 said:

She does an awesome job on that song. It’s funny I have always had Ray Charles version in my brain, so Christina’s version is like another song to me.....I get two for the price of one, again.

I like a little country-rock now and again. Very catchy all the way through. The second guy that sings... wrote the song.

On 8/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Brother Jack said:

My song - Labi Siffre

Love that song. Thanks!   How do you pronounce his name? :confused:

35 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Love that song. Thanks!   How do you pronounce his name? :confused:

🙂 Not sure. I just pronounce it the way it is spelled. Lah-bi seh-free.