JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

what to cook for hospitality

Some of the easy things we have found are

• Spaghetti
  • Lasagna
  • Meatloaf with mashed potatoes
  • Pizza
  • Sandwiches with chips and cupcakes

All these can be served fresh and hot from the kitchen or heated and served eating at the Hall or elsewhere - of course, the sandwiches can be served cold.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Last few times, burritos have gone over well. I marinate and grill a bunch of chicken, make a pot of cilantro lime rice, then lay out the wraps and toppings. Spaghetti and lasagna are always good options, but I have found a tray of baked ziti easier to manage. Haven't done this yet, but I am thinking pulled pork might be good too. It's easy to make in the slow cooker. All you'd have to do is put out bread, coleslaw, chips and hot sauce. Since it's getting cooler, a big pot of chili might work as well. That's easy in the slow cooker too and would be great with cornbread and toppings. 

Have to stop now because I try not to eat after 7 and this is making me hungry. 😁

My wife makes big pot stuff like John mentioned and stews, chili, soups, casseroles. However,  you have to consider if everyone has a place to sit and eat that type of food. Sometimes sandwiches and finger food is better if the guests will be standing or walking around.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 9 months later...
On 10/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, Saffron said:

Last few times, burritos have gone over well. I marinate and grill a bunch of chicken, make a pot of cilantro lime rice, then lay out the wraps and toppings. Spaghetti and lasagna are always good options, but I have found a tray of baked ziti easier to manage. Haven't done this yet, but I am thinking pulled pork might be good too. It's easy to make in the slow cooker. All you'd have to do is put out bread, coleslaw, chips and hot sauce. Since it's getting cooler, a big pot of chili might work as well. That's easy in the slow cooker too and would be great with cornbread and toppings. 

Have to stop now because I try not to eat after 7 and this is making me hungry. 😁

Great! Now you've made me hungry...lol

• 2 months later...

A taco bar is easy.  And they have the advantage of catering to all types of foodies. 

Are you vegan or vegan or vegetarian?  No problem, you don't have to choose any ingredients you don't want.  

Are you gluten free?  Just avoid the shells and make a nice taco salad.  Hmm, are corn shells gluten?

Personally for hospitality I've fixed chili one time.  Another occasion I grilled hot dogs and hamburgers.