JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

To Have Long Hair Or Short Hair That is the Question

I think it depends on the person and their age (sorry to bring that up).  I have rarely known long hair to look good on us women as we get older. 

true, my hair gets shorter as I get older  :cry:

used to be down my back, now at shoulder blade length... I am also among those surprised at sisters' hair as part of local needs, hmmm never knew this was discussed during worship... interesting

with Florida humidity in full force 9 months+ and for those of us with naturally curly 'humidity hair'  :( , taming the locks is of prime importance to not frighten the householder opening his front door to find himself face-to-face with a human brillo-pad... (I feel an animated Vernalee pic forthcoming...)

thank goodness for Dr. Bronner!!  :thumbsup::ecstatic:  :yes:

Edited by feather

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

post-1015-0-86401700-1374499786.jpgBob was your hair like this one time? LOLs.

& He has a :ph34r: Beard. :drink:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I have noticed a trend among older pioneer sisters.  Almost all in our congregations have short hair.  Some of the younger ones have longer hair.   I've actually noticed a trend in older women as it is, most have shorter hair, and I believe its related to the upkeep.

Myself I keep my hair shoulder length, it allows for me to pull it back, or have it down.  My face is pretty fat and round, so I try to stick to styles that are flattering under those circumstances. 

This is my favorite style: short bob hairstyles - I think they named them after me for a reason :P

I have a short bob hairstyle. :)  And my favorite color is red.

I had long hair for quite a few years, but lately I prefer it shorter. My husband always liked it short. I too am of the opinion that most women over 40 look better with shorter hair.

I never heard that sister's hair length to be discussed  at local needs... :blink:  Thats interesting...

But I think that the pictures in our publications are a good source of examples on this matter. Look, for example, at the picture on this page...

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20130701/making-a-second-marriage-work

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

... Look, for example, at the picture on this page...

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20130701/making-a-second-marriage-work

Yes, you can plainly see the sister standing just to the right of the chimney has a ponytail hanging half-way down her back. :wink:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

my hair is long and quite often unruly. something to do with the celtic in me apparently. but i have had it every length and although long can get annoying i prefer it. at the moment it is sitting just on my waist line. it should be blonde but i make it a dark red. suits better. but i say its a sisters choice. unless of course it makes you look like a man :P

but i agree with the comment: crown of glory. 

with long hair you can make it look like you wear a crown. you can do anything with it. but short hair. its that one style. you cant braid it, plait it, french twist, bead, and add many other characteristics to it (within reason) like you can with long hair.

Each to their own i guess.

and have to laugh - 1hr on hair....the longest i take is brushing the locks - 10 minutes on a bad day. just as i finish and go for the final "sweep" it tends to get a bit knotted whilst waiting for me to finish. I often talk to my hair and ask it to be reasonable for a change. but as to how i wear it...usually in a loose bun/pony thing (half bun that looks like a pony tail folded) which works most days....other days it ends up looking like a bower bird has tried nesting in my hair. But i wouldnt cut it. i hate it being touched other then being brushed and occasionally someone else putting it up for me. 

Although it tends to annoy i do love it so :P