JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How many Bibles do you have on your device?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3903 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have NWT, JW-Bible, one in Equipd, one in iJW and one in iBooks.

It can get confusing at times, because I will forget which App I’m in, when I'm learning all of the functions & go the wrong support forum. I’m still thinking about getting isilo – lol.

I have internet access on my phone - so I could say 1,000s of them. Physical on the phone NWT, NET bible, older king James and a Vietnamese translation (not NWT as we only have the Greek scriptures so far).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have 12 on my iPad ...and over 20 in my library.. I guess I am out of control.. Lol

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

On my cellphone :

NWT (English, French and Spanish)

Emphatic Diaglott & Interlinear Translation (English of course)

Greek text by Westcott & Hort (Koiné & Interlinear)

Bible de l'Abbé Crampon, Bible du Semeur, Louis Segond 1910, La Sainte Bible de Giguet (Français)

On my laptop :

Those above, and Darby's (french), KJV, Massoretic Text and LXX (OT), and so on

But my favorite one is the NWT by far :)

"O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and beyond tracing out his ways are!"

- Romans 11:33 -

• 2 weeks later...

I would say - 2 or 3 times a week I am looking at one of these other translations. Why, just yesterday, in the main forum someone asked about Matt 27:53 - and POW - several translations were used to show the exact meaning - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/10869-mathews-2753/

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Strongs Concorodance https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.StrongsConcorodance.R89&hl=en  $1.99

This one looks interesting too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.osprit.ebible&hl=en

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

speaking of Bibles, I "googled" the Puritan/Geneva Bible. What a revealing article! King James was ot a nice fellow, so before you try reading that, read Isaiah 33:15, okay?

Is 33:15 "There is one who is walking in continual righteousness and speaking what is upright, who is rejecting the unjust gain from frauds, who is shaking his hands clear from taking hold on a bribe, who is stopping up his ear from listening to bloodshed, and who is closing his eyes so as not to see what is bad."

1. King James didn't do any of the translation - he just paid for it out of the country's funds.

2. Our primary Bible is the NWT.

3. when helping ones in the truth and they want to use a King James - that is OK. We - Jehovah's people - used it for many years as our primary Bible

Soon .....