JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Society Updated Books?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3906 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have been trying to order some of our older books (Daniel, The Revelation Book) with the new updates from the WT'S that we had 2 years ago.  But each time, I order, (when the book arrives) there is no update in the pages where the changes were in the Watchtowers.   The Teach Book, has a new illustration for all the 2012 republished books.  I was just wondering if anyone in here have any of the books that I mention with the updates in them.   I could pull the books up on JW.ORG, but its costly to print out the pages.  I'd rather have the books in my hand.   Need some suggestions, thanks

Do the books you have match what you see online in that particular publication?   You mention a specific Watchtower, what changes are you referring to? 

Just because we've had new light in the Watchtower does not necessarily mean the Society has updated all the publications with the new light.  That would take a lot of effort and special pressing.  The books you are ordering may be the most recent version of that particular publication in print. 

I think they're talking about for instance the candle and the smoke, in the chapter about the death. Before, there was smoke around the candle as it would had been blown. And the question was something like : where went the fire ? This picture was chosen to explain that there is no light, nothing, after death. But some people could answer : "we can see the smoke though", it's like a spiritual form of life... So to make it clearer, the GB decided to wisely replace that picture with a new one, without smoke.

Maybe there are other examples, but I have this one in mind.

"O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and beyond tracing out his ways are!"

- Romans 11:33 -

I think they're talking about for instance the candle and the smoke, in the chapter about the death. Before, there was smoke around the candle as it would had been blown. And the question was something like : where went the fire ? This picture was chosen to explain that there is no light, nothing, after death. But some people could answer : "we can see the smoke though", it's like a spiritual form of life... So to make it clearer, the GB decided to wisely replace that picture with a new one, without smoke.

Maybe there are other examples, but I have this one in mind.

The one of the suffering with the impoverished woman and baby, a man being threatens with a knife and also a bomb traveling across the globe has been replaced with a similar updated picture.

Yes, Zak, that picture was updated in the Teach Book.  I found that out when I asked for a book from our book room.  The original printing inside I believe says 2005, but the updated printing with the re-done picture in the book I have is 2012.    So I was just wondering if the society updated some of the information in our Daniel and Revelation books too.  In the book of Daniel, there was an update on Great Britain becoming a world power beginning in 1763, or something to that effect, and this paragraph from the WT we studied, was changed, but not in the Daniel book, and the Revelation book, there were a few areas where it needed updating to the present time, and please correct friends, but it was perhaps 3 or 4 years ago, was in a KM or a WT article, to insert the updated information into the Revelation book.   I'll check this out with the elders in my hall and see if they can recall when exactly or what WT or KM this was in and the year's .   I'll get back with you dear friends soon.

I found the KM that shows all the "adjustments in the Revelation book" -

*** km 9/06 pp. 3-6 Adjustments for the Book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand! ***
Adjustments for the Book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!
Listed below are the key adjustments to the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand! which was published in 1988. This list does not include, for example, certain statistical adjustments, which can be found in the latest Yearbook and in other publications.
CHAPTER 4
p. 19, ¶4, delete last citation: Matthew 25:31-33
CHAPTER 5
p. 24, ¶3, replace footnote with: * For a detailed explanation, see the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? pages 88-92, 215-18, published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I knew that there were adjustments made, just had to research a little deeper.  Am sure there are other adjustments for the Daniel book as well.  The Revelation book came out in 1988, the adjustments were done in 2006.    So when I request a new Revelation book and Daniel, I want the one with the adjustments, not the old ones.   And I can't seem to get my hands on any of these two books.  Even if they are now paperback!  No one seems to have them.  

The Revelation book was updated in 2006, and reprinted in 2006 with all the updates listed in the KM and more.  Look inside for "2006 printing".  These are only in paperback.  No further reprinting has been made

The Daniel book has never been updated with the latest adjustments, so you will not get one.

The Revelation book was reprinted in time for when we studied it in the Book Study.  So maybe if we ever study the Daniel book again, that will be the time a reprinting will be made.

Does anybody know what the updates in the Daniel Book would be? I thought it was just that the toes did not have any major significance so the ruling king (Anglo-American) is here and will not change before the end. Any enlightening or enhancement on the new thought would be great as I am studying this book with my nephew and want to get the correct thoughts for when we come across them. Thanks.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Okay now i am on my Laptop I have come up with this bit of the Daniel book :-

dp The Rise and Fall of an Immense Image

27 At the dawn of the 20th century, the British Empire ruled over every fourth person on earth. Other European empires controlled millions more. But World War I resulted in the emergence of groups of nations in place of empires. After World War II, this trend accelerated. As nationalism developed further, the number of nations in the world grew dramatically. The ten toes of the image represent all such coexisting powers and governments, for in the Bible the number ten at times signifies earthly completeness.—Compare Exodus 34:28; Matthew 25:1; Revelation 2:10.

28 Now that we are in “the time of the end,” we have reached the feet of the image. Some of the governments pictured by the image’s feet and toes of iron mixed with clay are ironlike—authoritarian or tyrannical. Others are claylike. In what way? Daniel associated the clay with “the offspring of mankind.” (Daniel 2:43) Despite the fragile nature of clay, of which the offspring of mankind are made, traditional ironlike rulerships have been obliged to listen more and more to the common people, who want their say in the governments ruling over them. (Job 10:9) But there is no sticking together of authoritarian rule and the common people—no more than there could be a uniting of iron with clay. At the time of the image’s demise, the world will indeed be politically fragmented!

Will be slightly altered with this bit of understanding:

w12 6.15 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place”

9 Jehovah’s servants have long sought to understand the symbolic meaning of the feet of the image. Daniel 2:41 describes the mixture of iron and clay as one “kingdom,” not many. The clay, therefore, represents elements within the sphere of influence of the Anglo-American World Power, elements that make it weaker than the solid iron of the Roman Empire. The clay is referred to as “the offspring of mankind,” or the common people. (Dan. 2:43) In the Anglo-American World Power, people have risen up to claim their rights through civil rights campaigns, labor unions, and independence movements. The common people undermine the ability of the Anglo-American World Power to act with ironlike strength. Also, opposing ideologies and close election results that do not end up in a clear majority have weakened the power base of even popular leaders, so that they have no clear mandate to implement their policies. Daniel foretold: “The kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile.”—Dan. 2:42; 2 Tim. 3:1-3.

10 In the 21st century, Britain and the United States have continued their special partnership, often acting together in world affairs. The prophecies about the immense image and the wild beast confirm that the Anglo-American World Power will not be replaced by some future world power. This last world power may be weaker than that represented by the legs of iron, but it will not disintegrate on its own.

11 Does the number of toes of the image have special meaning? Consider: In other visions, Daniel mentions specific numbers—for example, the number of horns on the heads of various beasts. Those numbers are significant. However, when describing the image, Daniel does not mention the number of toes. Therefore, the number seems no more significant than the fact that the image had multiple arms, hands, fingers, legs, and feet. Daniel does specifically mention that the toes would be made of iron and clay. From his description, we can conclude that the Anglo-American World Power is the one that will be dominating when the “stone” representing God’s Kingdom hits the feet of the image.—Dan. 2:45

This is what i will have to look out for when i come across it in the study.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."