JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another special for trottigy!

The funny thing is, my husband and I have almost stopped eating meat altogether these last few years.  Our taste for it is waining because of our love for animals I think.  He still has sausage for breakfast and I eat an occasional piece of bacon but we don't buy another other pork or beef.  I HATE chicken (my ex-husband made me eat it for every meal for 20 years!) and that's about the only meat besides hamburger my husband still eats.  When you see that little pic of the piglet and the caption "Look, a bacon seed", all you can think of is "Jehovah, he's so cute!!! I'm so sorry I ate them!" I don't want to look at animals and regard them as food anymore I guess.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The funny thing is, my husband and I have almost stopped eating meat altogether these last few years.  Our taste for it is waining because of our love for animals I think.  He still has sausage for breakfast and I eat an occasional piece of bacon but we don't buy another other pork or beef.  I HATE chicken (my ex-husband made me eat it for every meal for 20 years!) and that's about the only meat besides hamburger my husband still eats.  When you see that little pic of the piglet and the caption "Look, a bacon seed", all you can think of is "Jehovah, he's so cute!!! I'm so sorry I ate them!" I don't want to look at animals and regard them as food anymore I guess.

Are you kidding - no offense.

My first thought too was how cute he is NOW, but fatten that little porker up and make him as happy as he can be getting bigger and bigger. Then his little legs hurt from the weight and he starts looking all sad - and you say "poor tasty thing. I'll help  :chef:  "

Add peanut butter and there you go  mmmmmm    :bouncing:  

If we didn't eat them - imagine the smell. Most pig farms already smell pretty bad. I would hate to be MILES around them if the old and dead ones were never removed  :eek:  

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

...  When you see that little pic of the piglet and the caption "Look, a bacon seed", all you can think of is "Jehovah, he's so cute!!! I'm so sorry I ate them!" I don't want to look at animals and regard them as food anymore I guess.

Ever see a baby rat or mouse? How about a baby racoon?  Perhaps some baby rattle snakes?

Point is, most "babies" look "cute". But, when they are fully grown, they are exactly what their parents are.

That "cute baby pig" will grow up to be a big hog before you know it ... and that is a whole lot of bacon :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Sorry, John, despite your impassioned speech, I still love all animals, even when full grown!  They aren't food to me anymore like they are to you (apparently you prefer roadkill, rodents and vermin!)

Jerry, I'm sure that speech comes from years and years of "rationalizing" your bacon habit!

You come by for some pulled pork any time my friend   :wave:

Interesting side not: A few years ago Debbie started going vegetarian on my :eek: CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!!   :nope:

Anyway, it turns out she is extremely anemic and when she started going "veggie" on me - her iron count dropped fast. After a few months she was in to the doctor and the rushed 3 separate intravenous iron supplements into her over 3 weeks time - very sad time for us. She was starting to loose her hair and everything   :eek:

Now, she is BACK!!! and doing good. Bacon - it does a body good.  Actually our favorite is good Bison burgers. Hey, I bet those little buffalo are cute too   :lol1:

EDIT: seriously, if you are "laying off the meat" make sure to get checked out regularly - as that is a very hard diet on many. You really have to make sure that it is well balanced and most I know generally have to taken many supplements to make that type of diet "workable". Love ya sis!!  Don't be hating my good food   :tsk:  

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I still eat seafood and LOVE cheese! I get plenty of protein and once in a very great while I want a really great ribeye medium rare! I have no idea why!  I've been iron poor and anemic most of my life (my husband says my skin is transparent!) but thank goodness we have yogurt now and vitamins!

A quick search showed this about the yogurt - http://www.livestrong.com/article/509531-does-yogurt-block-the-absorption-of-iron/

Does Yogurt Block the Absorption of Iron?

Be safe my friend.

Soon .....

A quick search showed this about the yogurt - http://www.livestrong.com/article/509531-does-yogurt-block-the-absorption-of-iron/

Does Yogurt Block the Absorption of Iron?

Be safe my friend.

I REFUSE to read that article.  Anyways, I still have my vitamins and I eat a nail every day!

Isn't Bison an endangered species?

I am working on it   :lol1:

Actually - http://www.vistagrandranch.com/Endangered.html

Q: Aren't buffalo endangered ? 

A: The  American  buffalo  (bison)  are  neither extinct nor endangered,  although  a hundred years ago they numbered only  about  800.During the past century, Western ranchers and conservationists have increased their population to more than 300,000. Buffalo  far  outnumbered the Native American population  during  the  pre-European  era.  There  may have been 60 million or more bison at that time.

There  are  currently  an estimated 300,000 bison in the US and Canada.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

I REFUSE to read that article.  Anyways, I still have my vitamins and I eat a nail every day!

That's what makes you so tough  :lol1:

Have fun with those nails  :wave:  

Hey, do they go good on a bun with BBQ sauce??? 

Soon .....